Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Know of Any Florida Meets?

LX User
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord-cowl Inducted, 351 CI Police Interceptor Air Filter with high rise hood

29 September/Titan Motorsports/Orlando FL End of Summer Meet 11AM-3PM

More than a meet............-Bob
    29 September/Titan Motorsports End of Summer Meet 11AM-3PM

Summers coming to an end and the temperatures are beginning to get to a reasonable level, what better way to celebrate than a MEET / Warehouse sale at Titan. Warehouse Clearance Sale on Overstock, Damaged, and Discontinued Items. We'll also be offering great deals on brand new parts. NOS will be providing beverages, and we'll have a few food trucks on hand to make sure no one leaves hungry. Meet will last from 11:00AM-3:00PM, this isn't a car show but an informal gathering of like minded individuals and their cars looking for great deals!
    ---- spring/suspension installation help -mobile alignments -street lowering with your own stock springs...........
    Have a great day! [email protected] 813-839-4281 (24 hrs)

LX User
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord-cowl Inducted, 351 CI Police Interceptor Air Filter with high rise hood

November 3 2012 JAX/FL Sibling Rivalry8 "The Ocho" (#8)

November 3 2012 JAX/FL Sibling Rivalry "The Ocho" (#8) updates will appear here-Bob

SR8 "The Ocho" 11.3.12

Different Garage, Same Shenanigans! This November 3rd, come to the 8th installment of the infamous Sibling Rivalry Toyota Scion and Lexus Enthusiast Event, SR8 "The Ocho".

Yes, we are in a different garage this year, but its a far better location.
    The location is One West Bay Street 32202. Remember all makes are welcome, so spread the word. Last year when 1500 people and 650 cars swarmed downtown Jacksonville, FL, we took up four floors of the parking garage and enjoyed cars, entertainment and good times.

This is like Fast and Furious/Tokyo Drift but without the racing. Free food catered by Panda Express. Live bands, DJ's, Dancing, trophys, door prizes. Sponsored by Panda Express, Sports Car Club of America, Lexus, Toyota, Scion. and others. 4PM roll-in. Show starts at 6PM. There is NO entry fee for this event. Roll in together. Park together.-Bob
    Last edited by senor honda; 09-05-2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: spelling
    ---- spring/suspension installation help -mobile alignments -street lowering with your own stock springs...........

DX User

Re: Know of Any Florida Meets?

Come to AFM Accord Florida Meet, biggest accord meet on the east coast
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthrea...93#post1104293

LX User
    Vehicle

Free sponsored BBQ and Car Meet in Largo, Pinellas County Florida

Free sponsored BBQ and Car Meet in Largo, Pinellas County Florida

LX User
    Vehicle

Free sponsored BBQ and Car Meet at Phillippe Park in Safety Harbor, Pinellas County. RSVP required

Sponsor has requested location change from Largo to 2525 Phillippe Pkwy, Safety Harbor, FL 34695 next to shelter #6 Pinellas County, FL RSVP required

Open to EVERYONE! ALL MAKES ALL MODELS ARE WELCOME. Free food and drinks for all, Free to spectate, Free to show off your ride as well as see everyone else's Its gonna be a great time with food, cars and friends! What else could you ask for! We will be raffling off an LS custom painted valve cover as well as the chance to get your own valve cover custom painted for free!

Open to EVERYONE! ALL MAKES ALL MODELS ARE WELCOME. The more the better. We wanna fill the park. We will have little signs directing you where to go. We only ask that no one act like a tough guy and burn out. Were here for fun! And i really hope to see EVERYONE out there

Roll in together, park together-Bob

Questions and RSVP text to 1-727-326-2930 or call 813-839-4281
    Where? 2525 Phillippe Pkwy, Safety Harbor, FL 34695 next to shelter #6 Pinellas County, FL
    When? Sat. Dec. 22nd from 1-5pm

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

This
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LX User
    Vehicle

If that picture is related to a fuel injection distributor and another discussion on parts that I have,
    up front, I have not seen it on a A20 engine, which is what I have.

What type/size engine does it go to?

Vehicle

86 honda accord lxi. A20a3

Vehicle

You would have to remove the distributor, valve cover, camshaft to get to this part if you come across that hold on to it let me know thanks

LX User
    Vehicle

I feel bad for you man.
    Unless you have no other alternative, you are screwed.

That square part looks like some sort of cam/bearing tower.

If I absolutely HAD to make it work, I would clean it spotlessly to avoid weld contamination, then precisely line things up,
    maybe with metal plates and big C-clamps, bolt it to a surface plate
    maybe with shims to get spacing right, to represent the head surface
    and take it to the best welder in town.

LX User
    Vehicle

Next alternative, get another head and start looking for another distributor from another car
    and machine it down to fit in the hole.

My 89 has the same head for both fuel injection and carb, and with a little
    work, I can make the FI distrubutor fit the carb version.

Vehicle

It's all good man I actually have one from a carbureted Honda Accord but it only has one ear and I can't adjust my distributor and it's leaking oil. But I'm preparing to mount the OBD1 distributor plate to it but I'm afraid it's going to leak oil

LX User
    Vehicle

and BTW to find Florida Car meets, (topic of this thread) these days I go to
    TampaRacing.com 's calendar of events, or hit facebook.

In Destination Daytona in November we will have 2500 cars packed into 1,000 legit parking spaces.
    Look up "Simply Clean". For details, [email protected] ...got some videos on youtube.
    -----------------------
    No longer
    Downtown Orlando kicked us out when we had cars arriving at 4AM for a 10AM car meet.
    Cops estimated 100,000 people for Mystery Meat 3. Dumb butt city could have made a fortune
    putting us into the downtown parking garage.......

Vehicle

I'll check it out thanks

LX User
    Vehicle

My carb distrib has 2 ears, and I put ultra grey on the o-ring to stop the oil leak.
    Advance has distribs for A20A1, might fit yours. Wires come out the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane86 View Post
    It's all good man I actually have one from a carbureted Honda Accord but it only has one ear and I can't adjust my distributor and it's leaking oil. But I'm preparing to mount the OBD1 distributor plate to it but I'm afraid it's going to leak oil

LX User
    Vehicle

Then maybe this is a cam tower instead of a distrub part.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane86 View Post
    You would have to remove the distributor, valve cover, camshaft to get to this part if you come across that hold on to it let me know thanks

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

That's an easy piece to replace. Just two bolts and it comes off. It should be an easy find with a morning spent junkyard hunting. If you're careful, you might be able to drill a pilot hole and screw it back together. Heck, it might even work as-is, though I wouldn't put it back on, then leave on a long trip.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW