Thread: Turbo on 1.6 EL ??

Turbo on 1.6 EL ??

So I have been searching and reading the forum and now I am thinking on the possibility of mounting a turbo on a 1.6 EL engine instead of doing an engine swap. (https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71670)

I found out that "back in the day" there was a company called Jackson Racing that make a turbo kit for the 1.8 EK.

Jackson Racing Turbo Kit (79-80) EK motors..exert from the Jackson Racing Catalogue:

"...Exhaust volume and heat make the turbo spin. So we cast a completely new exhaust manifold. The turbocharger is bolted directly to this short new manifold. This keeps the volume of the exhaust and heat high for instant throttle response...the heart of the kit is the new Warmerishi turbocharger. Its small size and light impellers give our kits tremendous low end power and much broader boost rpm range. They come equipped with integral waste gate to control boost pressure. Our standard turbo charged engine will start producing boost at 1800 rpm will be at maximum boost and in the waste gate at 3000 rpm..."

1980 Prelude Dyno H.P. - 126

I don't have much experience with turbo charging so can I get some opinions?

Re: Turbo on 1.6 EL ??

I have also found this link that has some interesting info:

http://www.nuac.ca/Other_Junk/Hot_Ro...ord_turbo.html