Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most econoical and time friendly swap?

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

Re: Most econoical and time friendly swap?

qtf is quantum transmission fluid john, sheesh.
    dead white and blue

DX User

Is the stock motor capable of 300whp reliably? From what I have gathered it isn't maybe I am wrong. This thread is to see what my options are and ask the fact finding questions to make sure I choose a suitable path. If I have time I will find some proof of me knowing the 10 second Honda but that really is not a priority because I could care less whether or not you believe me because it will have no effect on how I am going to build my car.

I want to kind of put this out there as well as a partial reason for me making this thread. Personally I am not a huge Honda fan. I am however a car enthusiast and I love to see unique cars. The Accord Hatch is a car that is not normally modified and would be more on the "classic" side of Honda's. I have never really been interested in Honda's until I had the chance to pick this car up for $300 and it still runs. For that reason I do not know much of what exactly is needed in a motor swap with a car such as this the cars that I have worked with all had their stock engines built on. I apologize to some of the more senior members here if these types of post bother you but again I could care less what you think because this is for me to make sure I fully comprehend what is involved in each path available to better decide my ultimate path for a swap.

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

the first step in comprehension is research.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

With me it usually starts with stumbling across the parts by blind chance for super cheap, or making a plan and following it. No matter what route you go, there are going to be problems, costs, setbacks and issues that nobody could have told you about, or have even foreseen.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    With me it usually starts with stumbling across the parts by blind chance for super cheap, or making a plan and following it. No matter what route you go, there are going to be problems, costs, setbacks and issues that nobody could have told you about, or have even foreseen.
    That is the fact on any car project. It's just something you have to get use to lol. I am looking right now to see if I can get a good deal on a b18 whether it be LS or GSR isn't really a huge deal whatever I can get the best deal on at the time i have the money.