Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: The time has come

Accord of the Year - 2006

Re: The time has come

Keep posting, I want to see how far we can take these motors.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Make me proud. I gotta build a bottom end so i can chase #s with you.

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    Looks like I'm gonna stick with the SC6152S for now but change the turbine housing from a .48 to a .82. I saw a guy make 530whp on the 6152S with a .63 housing then he switched up and make another 70whp over that going to the .82 housing with no other changes. So I believe the car should make an easy 525-550whp easily with the BIG housing
    For sure go with the .82. I think we could actually go a little bigger, even though the .82 "feels" really good.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle
    86 honda accord lxi 3 door hatchback

Bump

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation

Update:

The ported head I was running seems to have a few issues and was starting to drop a couple of valve guides so I got my old head and moved all the valves/springs/retainers over. I ported the stock head I have out and unshrouded the valves in the combustion chambers. That was a project in itself and I probably have at least 10-12 hours into it!! It's apparent that the stock ports needed a bit of work specifically around the bowl area between the guide and the valve seat. The exhaust bosses around the guide definintly had to be ground down (not the guide, just the bosses around it) and seemed to intrude on the port a good bit. I'll probably have the head entirely assembled and back into the car in a couple of weeks or so. I had recently helped my friend make over 625whp on his civic hatch (S366 turbo, way over 30psi boost) and he's gunning for me to get my car back together and wants to re tune it for me on the dyno with the new head on. So stay tuned!

Update:

The ported head I was running seems to have a few issues and was starting to drop a couple of valve guides so I got my old head and moved all the valves/springs/retainers over. I ported the stock head I have out and unshrouded the valves in the combustion chambers. That was a project in itself and I probably have at least 10-12 hours into it!! It's apparent that the stock ports needed a bit of work specifically around the bowl area between the guide and the valve seat. The exhaust bosses around the guide definintly had to be ground down (not the guide, just the bosses around it) and seemed to intrude on the port a good bit. I'll probably have the head entirely assembled and back into the car in a couple of weeks or so. I had recently helped my friend make over 625whp on his civic hatch (S366 turbo, way over 30psi boost) and he's gunning for me to get my car back together and wants to re tune it for me on the dyno with the new head on. So stay tuned!
    Good to see you back!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    un-motivated!

3GR

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

yesss!!! i need to get a head p&p

Accord of the Year - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Tdurr View Post
    yesss!!! i need to get head
    A bit personal no?

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89 View Post
    A bit personal no?
    Being deployed has its downsides lol

Vehicle

Update: the head is back on the car and torqued down TIGHT with the head studs and copper spray. I'm using a new AC Delco digital torque adapter and it worked pretty well to get the right torque on the head studs. I have to get the intake manifold and turbo mani/turbo back on and also set the valve lash before its done. I'm probably going to upgrade to a 6262 turbo or somthing bigger in order to make more power, probably better in the long run than changing housings

Vehicle

Update: the head is back on the car and torqued down TIGHT with the head studs and copper spray. I'm using a new AC Delco digital torque adapter and it worked pretty well to get the right torque on the head studs. I have to get the intake manifold and turbo mani/turbo back on and also set the valve lash before its done. I'm probably going to upgrade to a 6262 turbo or somthing bigger in order to make more power, probably better in the long run than changing housings
    Awesome you'll have it going in no time

Vehicle

Soo doing research on my setup, I initially thought the turbo was undersized but the compressor side is the same as GT35R (650+hp) and my turbine is the same as 6262 precision (rated to 705hp) so I don't think the turbo is the restriction overall. My intercooler is about 8" tall but only 2.75" thick so I'm thinking that might be my main issue considering most 600hp rated cores are between 10-12" high and 3"+ in thickness which is at least 25-30% bigger in terms of outright flow...

Vehicle

Soo doing research on my setup, I initially thought the turbo was undersized but the compressor side is the same as GT35R (650+hp) and my turbine is the same as 6262 precision (rated to 705hp) so I don't think the turbo is the restriction overall. My intercooler is about 8" tall but only 2.75" thick so I'm thinking that might be my main issue considering most 600hp rated cores are between 10-12" high and 3"+ in thickness which is at least 25-30% bigger in terms of outright flow...
    Yes definitely upgrade the inner cooler I was watching a video on YouTube and they swap from a littler one to a bigger one and it freed up a hundred horsepower
    Last edited by Shane86; 12-02-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Hit me up on face book. Jeremy gallegos

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
    un-motivated!

3GR