Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noobs/For Sale

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx 5Speed

Noobs/For Sale

We should regulate when a noob can sell something. I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale. There should be a min. amount of post allowed, min. amount of time registered or they can support the foundation by becoming/buying a "Foundation Membership" Just my opinion
    Last edited by OldSchool86; 05-02-2010 at 07:42 AM.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: Noobs/For Sale

We should regulate when a noob can sell something. I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale. There should be a min. amount of post allowed, min. amount of time registered or they can support the foundation by becoming/buying a "Foundation Membership" Just my opinion
    first of all post in a color other then white on white, so people can actually read it, and we already have a policy about posting pictures to stop spammers, If we make it difficult to sell items, we might miss the really cool item or rare item, that someone new might have for sale. I really have no use for buying noobs anyway, they often don't know anything about the car and you keep tripping over them all the time, now if they wash dishes or clean house, they could be useful.

Vehicle
    1990 Mazda Miata

took the words right out of my mouth! we should 'regulate' no white on white text too, lol.

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe, 1995 Dodge Ram 1500

What if a person is just here to sell their 86-89 Accord and has no interest in 3geez?

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

well you know not that many people know about the site... maybe they are selling to people that have the cars so they wont scrap it or junk the whole car

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx 5Speed

Quote Originally Posted by itzdave View Post
    took the words right out of my mouth! we should 'regulate' no white on white text too, lol.

sorry about the white on white. my browser has a black back ground. i'll start messaging in red. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    first of all post in a color other then white on white, so people can actually read it, and we already have a policy about posting pictures to stop spammers, If we make it difficult to sell items, we might miss the really cool item or rare item, that someone new might have for sale. I really have no use for buying noobs anyway, they often don't know anything about the car and you keep tripping over them all the time, now if they wash dishes or clean house, they could be useful.

If we put reflectors on the noobs then we wont trip over them. lol and in this noobs case hes just trying to sell the headlight buckets that he cut the trim lip off of and hes calling them custom. but any ways i still think we should put reflectors on the noobs

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool86 View Post
    I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale.
    To me, you just answered your own question. If you see that they only have eight posts, don't buy it from them. Though, it would be nice for them to just not post their crap at all...

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

my fonts are all huge today, what the heck.. W7 or what.

I dont know what difference it makes, you dont know them from dicks hatband on ebay either, or CL. You have to use intuition and mature judgement before you purchase and even then its a crap shoot as I discovered.

Vehicle

I still can't see why noobs are for sale.

Vehicle

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

they look like those things from pacman

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by A18A View Post
    they look like those things from pacman
    well noobs do kind of float around and eat bandwidth, and saying anything stupid is like giving pac man one of the energy pills, because then they get eaten alive

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx 5Speed

haha ooohh. I'm so glad i started this thread it gives me something to laugh at every day. lol hahaha this tread is the first thing that pops up when you type "noobs for sale" into google..

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison_Bergeron View Post
    What if a person is just here to sell their 86-89 Accord and has no interest in 3geez?
    if they have a nice car, buy it

LX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LXi Coupe, 1995 Dodge Ram 1500

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    if they have a nice car, buy it
    I'm saying that that person would have little reason to post 8 posts or jump through any other hoops to be able to post their ad, they could just put it up on Craigslist and be done with it.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison_Bergeron View Post
    I'm saying that that person would have little reason to post 8 posts or jump through any other hoops to be able to post their ad, they could just put it up on Craigslist and be done with it.
    well they may figure out they have a better chance of selling it here, plus they don't have to put up with the BS on craigslist

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

For me i dont have a problem with people tryin to sell items on here. the more oprotunity to get product the better. But its still better to be the one to have it instead of looking for it.

Accord of the Year - 2006

Let the noobs sell their stuff, I mean really why not. Cb7 tuner has a stupid rule like that. something like 30 posts.

I had all this stuff from my 4th gen for sale but couldnt post up cause of that rule. I wound up selling most of my stuff locally on craigslist. Alot of rare and good stuff too. cb7 missed out just for that rule.

I wasnt going to whore up the board just to get 30 posts.

3Geez Veteran

^ Couldn't your first 30 be pictures and lists of what you're selling?

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx 5Speed

Quote Originally Posted by -$MOKIN- View Post
    For me i dont have a problem with people tryin to sell items on here. the more oprotunity to get product the better. But its still better to be the one to have it instead of looking for it.
    I really don't care either, I just like start shit every once in awhile just because I'm board. Lol

Accord of the Year - 2006

I feel we are getting new member simply so they can try and sell on this site. Some of the people in there have had only like 8 posts and that’s because they’ve posted 8 items for sale. There should be a min. amount of post allowed, min. amount of time registered or they can support the foundation by becoming/buying a "Foundation Membership" Just my opinion
    I really don't care either, I just like start shit every once in awhile just because I'm board. Lol

A little bipolar arent we.

Vehicle
    1989 ACCORD LX

b20a come get it, 5 post.....

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

i think its good that they come here to try sell their stuff. giving us 3rd gen accord enthusiasts the first dibs to get their stuff before they try selling elsewhere/dumping it

Vehicle
    1986 Accord Lx 5Speed

Quote Originally Posted by guaynabo89 View Post
    A little bipolar arent we.
    Maybe just a little

DX User

Thank You. I once owned 2 3rd Gens, haven't owned one for 4 years yet have held on to some items knowing that someone from this site would want them. considering your the only people who drive these cars still. I just wanna get rid of these parts to a good home instead of throwing them out when I know someone prob. wanted it.

2nd

im selling old parts ex. xenon bodykit

I know some are bent up over bodykits (xenon original kit made for this car alone???) because they like to follow trend/fad and make the car JDM or stealth sleeper, but they're still are some who would like this kit, who are a part of this site but because of some members who are opinionated a little too loud, don't look into purchasing the kit.

I'm not concerned to sell the kit that bad anymore, i posted it because i'm about to throw it out, it takes up garage space.