Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full sony xplod plan

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

Full sony xplod plan

OK FIRST INVOLVED I NEVER REALLY SPENT ON A SERIOUS SYSTEM. I GOT THIS THING ABOUT KEEPIN UNECCESARY WEIGHT OUT OF MY CAR. RIGHT NOW I SPORT A 180WATT JVC HEAD UNIT(I KNOW WEAK), OEM DOORS AND RASH SPEAKERS NEXT TO THE 500 WATT FUSION SPEAKERS THAT I BOUGHT BACK FROM TOLUCA MEXICO. IN THE TRUNK IS A PIONEER 800WATT 1 CHANNLE AMP PUSHIN 2 1200 WATT 12 INCH SONY XPLODS. THE RED OLD SCHOOL 1s. THE BOX IS 75% BLOWED 2 PIECES. ITS XPLODED. SO I PLAN TO GET A CUSTOM MADE BOX FOR 1 12 AT A TIME CUZ I HATE WEIGHT. ALSO WAL-MART HAD A SALE ON THIS SONY AUDIO KIT. THE BOX WAS $90 AND INCLUDED THE 180WT HEAD UNIT,190WT DOORS AND 300WT 6/9s FOR THE REAR DASH TO MATCH MY SUBS.N E WAYS WHEN THE CAR IS FINISH AND READY 2 ROLL I WILL REDO THE AUDIO SYSTEM. I WILL REMOVE ALL 4 OF THE 6/9s AND DOORS ALONG WITH HEAD UNIT AND DROP IN THE FRESH SONY KIT. ANY BODY KNOW WHAT KIND OF BOX WILL MAKE MY OL SKOOL XPLOD 12s VIBRATE TRAFFIC BEHIND ME THE BEST THAT SONYS CAN? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Ewz3ZdRPk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbYxh...eature=related http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/a...21/MY%20HONDA/
    Last edited by GLICIOUS21; 06-24-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe Twins/89 SE-i Coupe/88 Suburban

Re: Full sony xplod plan

I WOULDN'T DO DAT WIT YO VTEC. VIBRATIONS WILL THRO OF TEH GYROSCOPIC STABILIZER.
    Last edited by LX-incredible; 06-25-2010 at 09:34 AM.
    88 LX-i coupe auto (241K DD), 88 LX-i coupe 5-speed, 89 SE-i coupe auto.
    Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    who is tim and where can i get naughty pictures of him?
    CARDONE SUCKS.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI

@ incredible

Anyway scrap the whole idea, sell what you have and go buy a nice box, a Pioneer 12in from Wal-Mart, and a Dual 600w amp also from Wal-Mart..

I use a simple Pioneer headunit.

That'll be enough to get attention down the road and people behind/around you..

As for the door speakers, I do use Sony Xplod's, but the 5 1/4 in the front and the 6.5's in the back, no amp..

Sounds good enough for me, no one can hear you talk if they stand outside the car with the windows down and you yell from inside, or vie versa

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CzEcHy View Post
    As for the door speakers, I do use Sony Xplod's, but the 5 1/4 in the front and the 6.5's in the back, no amp..

Sounds good enough for me, no one can hear you talk if they stand outside the car with the windows down and you yell from inside, or vie versa
    That's the system I have! What model of speakers do you use?

Vehicle
    1990 Mazda Miata

i bought that same head unit/speaker package from walmart about 4 years ago and use 1 sony sub. not a bad setup but its nothin special. it plays music and it has a iphone hookup so im happy.

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    That's the system I have! What model of speakers do you use?
    Red 5 1/4's from like 2 yrs ago, and the 6.5's are the bluish ones from like last or something..

The 10'' is the black model, hits pretty hard.

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

Quote Originally Posted by itzdave View Post
    i bought that same head unit/speaker package from walmart about 4 years ago and use 1 sony sub. not a bad setup but its nothin special. it plays music and it has a iphone hookup so im happy.
    $90 FOR THAT WHOLE KIT WAS A STEAL FOR REAL EVEN THOUGH I DIDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR. WAS A GIFT FROM A FRIEND JUST LIKE MY AMP. THE ONLY THING I BOUGHT WAS THE FULL SCOSHE WIRE KIT AND MY 12s. I LIKE THE LIL PLUG N PLAY AUX IN TO.
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

Quote Originally Posted by czechy View Post
    @ incredible

anyway scrap the whole idea, sell what you have and go buy a nice box, a pioneer 12in from wal-mart, and a dual 600w amp also from wal-mart..

I use a simple pioneer headunit.

That'll be enough to get attention down the road and people behind/around you..

As for the door speakers, i do use sony xplod's, but the 5 1/4 in the front and the 6.5's in the back, no amp..

thing is, the main idea is how to get the peak from this sony setup. I decided strictly sony cuz i always liked sony audio. Plus i got this tight idea to airbrush the carpet in the trunk red and air brush a white sony logo. Its goin to look tight.
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord (R.I.P)

IMO, you can do better than the xplode setup. There are other equipment thats better than Sony. But, if all your looking for is sound, then I guess Sony wont be too bad. I jus think you can do better. But hey, if you on a budget its cool, do your thing.

I have a pair of JBL 5 1/4 and JBL 6 1/2s I can sell you. If you are interested pm me. These are the speakers I had in my 87 LXi.

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

Quote Originally Posted by 1987lxi View Post
    IMO, you can do better than the xplode setup. There are other equipment thats better than Sony. But, if all your looking for is sound, then I guess Sony wont be too bad. I jus think you can do better. But hey, if you on a budget its cool, do your thing.

I have a pair of JBL 5 1/4 and JBL 6 1/2s I can sell you. If you are interested pm me. These are the speakers I had in my 87 LXi.
    MAN THANK FOR THE OFFER. MY BUDGET NOW IS IN DEEP ISH. BUT I KNOW JBLs SOUND NICE IF YOU CAN AFFORD THEM.
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC

3Geez Veteran

There's always going to be something "better". Sony isn't "budget" stuff, it's pretty legit, and my system is better than most I hear.

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord (R.I.P)

Quote Originally Posted by GLICIOUS21 View Post
    MAN THANK FOR THE OFFER. MY BUDGET NOW IS IN DEEP ISH. BUT I KNOW JBLs SOUND NICE IF YOU CAN AFFORD THEM.
    Not a problem man. If your budget ever changes let me know, I may still have them. Nice ride btw. I really miss my 87.

There's always going to be something "better". Sony isn't "budget" stuff, it's pretty legit, and my system is better than most I hear.
    Hmmm, never particularly said Sony was "budget" equipment... Ive had a Sony deck before in the Honda I had, and I enjoyed it. Didnt say it was crap, jus said theres better. Theres a difference.

On the other hand, Glicious, if you have any questions let me know. Good luck.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Sony used to be the shit, it's now mostly junk, the older stuff is fine, but it's nothing but a name anymore. everything is chinese made, and the quality is garbage. Do you really think they are going to sell quality gear at Walmart? Walmart sells the products they can buy at the lowest price and make the most profit from. If you want Sony, search out the old school Sony amps and a head unit. The older head units that came with a CD changer input, can be made to function with an MP3 player, you take the plug apart and add connections for RCA jacks somewhere on here is an entire thread discussing the explode gear and the problems with it. Somewhere along the line, Sony decided instead instead of making really high quality serious equipment, they would make a lot of cheap stuff aimed at the young crowd, who only wants loud, and doesn't care what it sounds like.
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 06-26-2010 at 06:58 AM.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

ya ive rocked the sony p5 subs for years great subs but i will never lay my hand on a sony amp unless its like form 2000 lol and i wont own electronics that old lol

anyways my next setup is gona be my current polk audio db 5.25's

a single 8 inch kicker solo baric with a 250-300 watt amp

and if i can find the face plate to my old Panasonic that if not thinking of a clarion

and if that doesn't pan out im gona be doing a custom computer speaker setup i have a lil component sub from an old set that i can plug speakers into for 5.1 thinking of doing it that way and just only using my droid or mp3 player for music

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

as long at it sounds good to you....i spent too much on stereo stuff i just stoped. sent us pics

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy View Post
    ya ive rocked the sony p5 subs for years great subs but i will never lay my hand on a sony amp unless its like form 2000 lol and i wont own electronics that old lol

anyways my next setup is gona be my current polk audio db 5.25's

a single 8 inch kicker solo baric with a 250-300 watt amp

and if i can find the face plate to my old Panasonic that if not thinking of a clarion

and if that doesn't pan out im gona be doing a custom computer speaker setup i have a lil component sub from an old set that i can plug speakers into for 5.1 thinking of doing it that way and just only using my droid or mp3 player for music
    Yea I love old Clarion, tough too, they really hold up, I'll have to get the model of my old Sony amps next time the panels are out, I can't remember what they were, but I'm running the really old school stuff from the early 90's ,I've never had an issue with them. there's nothing wrong with old school amps as long as someone hasn't fried them , by running them with the gain all the way up, they are way better then almost anything today, if you ever get your hands on an old Sony, open up the case and look at the quality in the board, nothing like the crap today
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 06-26-2010 at 07:12 AM.

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    [long post]
    What would you consider "old school"? The speakers I have all have to be at least five years old.

Vehicle

What would you consider "old school"? The speakers I have all have to be at least five years old.
    probably mid nineties, they completely changed their product, if you compare the old sony stuff to the newer stuff you can see the quality difference

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX, '87(?) LX-i

500 watt speakers?! In your car?!

Vehicle
    87 lx sedan[ R.I.P ] and 89 sei

Yeah i wouldn't buy anything that has Sony on it today,back in the 80's they were good.I'd buy Alpine Pioneer or Kenwood they're all reasonably priced.

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    probably mid nineties, they completely changed their product, if you compare the old sony stuff to the newer stuff you can see the quality difference
    But, wouldn't it be hard to find equipment that old in good shape?

Vehicle

But, wouldn't it be hard to find equipment that old in good shape?
    thats part of the fun, i only paid 20 dollars at a pawn shop for my big Sony amp , they must have figured it wasn't worth anything, it's been in my car for years and works great.

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

not a problem man. If your budget ever changes let me know, i may still have them. Nice ride btw. I really miss my 87.

Hmmm, never particularly said sony was "budget" equipment... Ive had a sony deck before in the honda i had, and i enjoyed it. Didnt say it was crap, jus said theres better. Theres a difference.

On the other hand, glicious, if you have any questions let me know. Good luck.
    glad you like my 3rd gen thanx alot for the support man, i will let you know when this is all over.
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

Quote Originally Posted by messyhonda View Post
    as long at it sounds good to you....i spent too much on stereo stuff i just stoped. Sent us pics
    yea i stopped 2 cuz of weight worrys since i plan to go 80% fast and 20% show. Sometimes its scary because i hesitate on if i should just gutt out all interior and fun show stuff cuz of comments my civic homies make about accords will never succeed in bein 1 of the fastest hondas around and that we should stick show cars. I be so close to sayin man f this ish and guttin it but all my power stuff works perfect like the mirriors,wins,sunroof and antena. And my int is mint just gotta wash the fkn carpets now cuz all those used f22 parts is stack up inside.
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC

Vehicle
    89 HONDA ACCORD LXi

Quote Originally Posted by shenanigans View Post
    500 watt speakers?! In your car?!
    yea. Back then i had big audio plans and i was ballin in mexico with my u.s. Dollars.
    Last edited by GLICIOUS21; 06-27-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    BIG N BAD WIT VTEC