Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom 86-87 front bumper clears for sale clear or smoked

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord LXI HB 5-sp

Custom 86-87 front bumper clears for sale clear or smoked

Because the turnsignal housing's have to be modified to mount a flat lens and I fashion rubber spacers,

Clears made from real reflector plastic. Which is what I used for the one's on my car and bobafett's car are the turn signal
    lenes from 82-92(92?) jeep cherokee's to use to make these
    since it's cost's me $32 to get them, so they'd be allot more expensive to make than the lexan or smoked clear's clears.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Ok here's what the smoked one's look like
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads
    Well, that's what I used to have, wrecked, 7/3/02.

Now I d

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    And here's what the one's made from real turn signal reflector stock look like.
    H&R springs revalved Bilstein front struts, koni struts in the rear 195/55-15 Dunlop W-10's Dc Sports header custom cat-back with Dynomax super turbo w/3" Brembo slotted & dimpled rotor's EBC pads

Now I d

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    And here's a pic on them on my car. Note that if I didn't add the spacers behind the housing's that what you see would be sunk into the bumper a full 1/2 inch more. I add the spacer's cause they look much nicer that way.

Now I d

LX User
    if i had an 86-87 i would show my support and buy a set, some one buy a set, jims work seems flawless.
    Aka mugenaccord from the ole ole ole board
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold
    Grey ED6 -- current project

LX User
    how do you make these lenses jim? do you make them or are they made by the glass company? my thoughts are, maybe we could get the 88-89 sidemarkers done in smoke or clear, the orange part that is
    Aka mugenaccord from the ole ole ole board
    Pheonix Red CA6 -- Sold
    Grey ED6 -- current project

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by chronicsinners
    if i had an 86-87 i would show my support and buy a set, some one buy a set, jims work seems flawless.
    Gee thanks I dunno about flawless. I believe in working just as hard on them as if they were going onto my own car. If I'm not happy with the finished product I will work on it until it's right.

I do have a set of smoked clears sold, just waiting to get the money order.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by chronicsinners
    how do you make these lenses jim? do you make them or are they made by the glass company? my thoughts are, maybe we could get the 88-89 sidemarkers done in smoke or clear, the orange part that is
    I make them, they are drawn onto sheet lexan or plexiglass and then hand shaped with a dremel tool. Since I'm able to modify the housing's to accept a flat lens I'm able to do this. If they had to be curved I'd be out business.

Now I d

SEi User
    Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi Coupe w/Sunroof
    lookin good jim

good work
    ACT Stage 1, Short Ram Intake & 2.25 Dynomax custom catback w/4inch carbon fiber tip. Thats it for now.

Putting the paint back on after

SOMEONE STOLE MY PAINT!!!!!

LX User
    Vehicle
    no more 3gee. 99 chevy tahoe
    hey jim, ill take a set, (i live about 10 mins from you) holla back and tell me how u wanna do this. im really interested
    "All i have in this world is my balls and my word, and i dont break'em for no one,"

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by loco87
    hey jim, ill take a set, (i live about 10 mins from you) holla back and tell me how u wanna do this. im really interested
    Which style would you want? I'll make the lenes, then I'll contact you and I'll meet you where you live. I can even pull your old ones and install the new one's for you. Just let me know if you want either the smokes, clears, or the clears made from reflector material.

Jim C.

LX User
    Vehicle
    no more 3gee. 99 chevy tahoe
    i want the ones that are in the pic on the car. tell me how much and when can u havem done?
    "All i have in this world is my balls and my word, and i dont break'em for no one,"

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    The one's I had on my car used turn signal's I pulled from a jeep cherokee. It cost's me $32 just to get those to use. So the cost to make those is much higher. But, if you can get a set of 82-92 jeep cherokee clear front turn signals assemblies for me I'd be happy to make a set of clear turn reflector clear's for the same price as the smoked or lexan clears. But since I does cost me so much to get the plastic to make them, I have to charge allot more for those.

PS. if you do go looking for them, be real carefull. They can't have any crack's. I had to leave a bunch of them in the junk yard because most of them were flawed, good ones are hard to find. In fact the last set I made, I got the only good lenes they had at the local junk yard. I'm sure they've gotten other cherokee's in by now.

I would need about a week to find the lenes and to cut them down and shape them. Regular lexan clears and smoked clears take about 2 days, unless I'm waiting for another member to send me his old housing's, then it'll take longer.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    89 LXI
    Damn!!!! If you could do the 88s and 89s you'ld have my business in no time...... And when you start working on the sidemarkers, just let me know and you have a sell........:super: :super:

Vehicle
    1987 Hatchback phreak project
    u already have clear corners... just take the orange out...

Travis
    www.cardomain.com/id/dxhatchback

Vehicle
    1991 Supra Turbo W/ 12k Miles
    Jim... I was wondering what your opinion was on this... I was thinking of painting the inside of the turn signal (where it is white) any ideas??? I was thinking about what a metalic coat of silver would look like throughout the inside.... The clear lens sheads new light into that part of the modification....
    ~Nathan~

"There's always something waiting at the end of the road. If you are not willing to see what it is, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place."
    ~StOcK PiCs~

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    I just painted the white inside those lenes since the pics were taken and I think it does look better. I'd recommend to find the most chrome like silver you can find.

Vehicle
    2003 Honda Element EX - its orange! =c)
    jim wanna trade signals for a bunch of emblems lol
    Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile
    throwing your soap is one thing but some states allow the death penalaty for messing with a mans sandwhich

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by Chubs87Accord
    jim wanna trade signals for a bunch of emblems lol
    Cleaver idea, but I don't have a car to put them on, mines a wreck:lol

Now I d

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda accord aerodeck 2.0I 16V EXI
    Hey!!!

Can you make clear turning lights for me, i need them to my frontspoiler ?

please email me at [email protected]

John Mouridsen

Vehicle
    1987 honda accord lxi

Question clear corners

how'd you take the orange out of your corner lights? w/o destroying the corner lights themselves?

DX User
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord Lx-i 3Dr
    Jim... looking to buy or make my own set of these lights you have.. could you possible tell me what u did to make them?

Thanks
    Lucas

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Well, honestly I'm no longer willing or interested in making them. I got lot's of request's, but not a single check in the mail. I won't make them, so please don't ask. But I will give you and anyone else that wants to know how to make them, a complete how to, follow the link to see it. I will of course answer any and all questions as best I can, so do feel free to ask.

https://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19714

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i (done for) 88 crx si 91 bmw, 93 lexus es300 project88dx accord
    man Jim u should have put that in the How to section those come in very handy and its a Good DIY Project!!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Originally posted by blazin3gen
    man Jim u should have put that in the How to section those come in very handy and its a Good DIY Project!!
    Well I don't think I have access to that section. If somebody wishes to put it their, have at it.