Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1516

Thread: Have a quick question? Ask it here!

DX User

Re: Have a quick question? Ask it here!

I have a 1983 honda accord and wanted to change the carburetor for a spider but don't know, what kind to get or how to put it on....ive never worked on a carburetor car and need help.

Vehicle
    86 Accord DX four-door sedan

Anyone ever take apart the alternator plug? I'm rewiring my DX and need to shorten the wires to the alternator and don't want to just splice the wires together. If I can get it apart I can shorten the wires as needed install new ends and put it back together. I like wire jobs to be clean and not all chopped togther. Thanks.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndTimeHondaOwner View Post
    Anyone ever take apart the alternator plug? I'm rewiring my DX and need to shorten the wires to the alternator and don't want to just splice the wires together. If I can get it apart I can shorten the wires as needed install new ends and put it back together. I like wire jobs to be clean and not all chopped togther. Thanks.
    Never mind this, I got one from a donor car and took it apart. The black plug in the end puls out and the terminals come out like the rest of them.

DX User

Im new to this page I just bought a 88 accord lxi automatic after warming up it will shut of and not start for like a, hour or so wat can it me tw/etc sensor??

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie View Post
    Im new to this page I just bought a 88 accord lxi automatic after warming up it will shut of and not start for like a, hour or so wat can it me tw/etc sensor??
    Being a lxi, it sounds like it could be your main relay. https://www.3geez.com/forum/how/7188-...ain-relay.html
    That may help you a little or the surch button in the upper right might, Welcom aboard

Vehicle

$119.99 Wideband AFR gauge. Anyone think this would be an ok one to get? Just might have to get me one. APSX D2 DIGITAL WIDEBAND O2 AIR FUEL RATIO CONTROLLER GAUGE COMPLETE KIT

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LXi

What's a decent way to lower an 88 accord coupe. I really don't wanna have to pay 1100 dollars for a set of coils. Considering I paid 300 for the whole car. I've thought about cutting the stock springs. But also don't want it to feel like riding on a set of wood blocks. Any help would be appreciated!!

Vehicle

These are under $900 KSport Kontrol Pro Coilover Kit Honda Accord [CA5] (1985-1989) CHD240-KP I haven't dropped me 86 yet so I can't answer your question. I do know I want the KSports or maybe the D2's not sure yet.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Sedan

Hello, how can I tell the difference between distributers in a 89 accord dx ? Has the a20a1. Motor

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 89accord(bumble) View Post
    Hello, how can I tell the difference between distributers in a 89 accord dx ? Has the a20a1. Motor
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/2geez-acc...stributor.html
    Look here, even has pictures

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 89accord(bumble) View Post
    You could also post a picture of your dizzy and I could tell you which one it is

DX User

How do I start a build thread?

DX User

I have an 89 Honda Accord LXI hatchback. When I first got it, it ran great with the exception of an exhaust manifold leak. I replaced: plugs, wires, cap and rotor are new, valve cover gasket, fuel and air filter, all water lines (intake, radiator, heater core etc.), engine mounts, front lower was completetly ripped in half. Now, it not firing on 2 and 3. I have checked the firing order teife now and its correct. A mechanic friend says i need to do a compression test, and i may possibly have a blown head gasket. If i do the head gasket, if needed, would it be worth my while to have the valves, lifters and such replaced as well? And if I go that far, would it be more worth my time and money to have a complete rebuild done? Or possibly a whole new (rebuilt) engine installed? Thank you in advance for you help and input. I also replaced the water pump and gasket, in addition to the drive belts (not timing belt..yet).
    Last edited by garryanddyllan77; 06-23-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: left out info

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Generally, you don't want to rebuild engines without a very good reason. It's a last resort. I assume you have a rough running situation. How are you determining that cylinders 2 and 3 are causing it? Consider starting a new thread for this issue as it isn't exactly a "quick question." LOL
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User

Question, I've poked around in the parts that fit our cars section, regarding the 4th gen Accord's suspension. Will a coilover made for the 4th gen bolt up, and function with no modification?
    From what I gathered, the answere is yes but the rear shocks are longer on the 4th gen, but it doesn't effect fitment, aside from height, is this also true?
    Thank you

Where can i find a 88 manual transmission?, having a hard time finding one. Can really use the help, my transmission just went. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DX User

Man-Trans LLC - Honda Transmission Part Number Quick Reference List

they have rebuilt transmission, i don't have any details on pricing, because i just did a quick google search, but that should at least give you a starting point.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord Lxi Coupe

Are there still people who want to buy old Accords? Stupid question? I may want to sell mine someday. It is in excellent running condition. It has need of paint and has sun damage to some of the interior just below the windows. Much work has been done and many parts replaced over the years of late. It's a 1989 LXi Coupe. One owner. Well serviced through the years. Only 330,000 miles. The engine and manual trans. have never been opened per se. Still have all the stock springs and air box in storage. The body is very clean. Never dented. Never been in road salt so it's very rust free now. Just feeling it out here. Much thanks, Jacques
    Here is a link to a video from a few years ago. https://youtu.be/cvw_xwG189g

Vehicle
    1988/Honda/Accord LXI

Need to change tie rods on my 88 accord lxi hatch. Help please. I work on it already. Did some research. Just my first time doing tie rods. I'm trying to get all the info i can before i start on it.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Tie rods or tie rod ends? Tie rods will involve disassembling the steering rack. Ends are easy. Pop the ball joint end off with a ball joint remover. Loosen the lock nut and thread the old end off. Installation is reverse of removal. When you're done, it's a good idea to get an alignment. I usually just barely loosen the locknut and make sure to leave it in place to act as a stop for the new end. Then I forgo the alignment unless the new end is significantly different from the old. I always make sure to observe the bolt torque specs in the manual when doing suspension work too.
    Dr_Snooz

DX User

My fuse blows out that control turning signals. When I put a fuse in it works than pop goes the dang fuse.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Go around and check all the bulb sockets, I had one doing that and it turned out to be rusty socket, loses ground.

DX User

Help! Found a sweet deal on rims for my 89 se-I but not sure if they fit. They are 195/50/15 with 15 offset.. Will they fit? I also plan on lowering

DX User

Quick question 89 honda accord SE-i fully rebuilt A20a3 will not go over 40 mph getting upset can't figure out why

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Definitely not a quick question. Start another thread with some history, what you've tried already, etc.
    Dr_Snooz