Page 56 of 61 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1512

Thread: Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Re: Have a quick question? Ask it here!

Quote Originally Posted by 1989_3rdGenAccord View Post
    The parts I need are..
    Main shaft. Tooth count 11th-12th-19th reverse idler 27th. 5th gear 36th. Counter gear25th. kit bearings, syncros, gaskets and seals.
    Oh yikes. I did not figure you had it apart already. I would start calling trans shops, if there is any source for parts they would know it.

Its a little late now, but you need to shift into one of the other gears without releasing the clutch before shifting into the unsynchronized reverse.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord LX-I 1988 Honda Accord LX-I

Quote Originally Posted by ShiRen View Post
    Oh yikes. I did not figure you had it apart already. I would start calling trans shops, if there is any source for parts they would know it.

Its a little late now, but you need to shift into one of the other gears without releasing the clutch before shifting into the unsynchronized reverse.
    I have been calling but so far no luck since the main parts I need are "hard parts" as they say.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I have been calling but so far no luck since the main parts I need are "hard parts" as they say.
    I was afraid to hear that. I know 5th commonly dies in these trans, if you can't get those parts anymore then idk what we are going to do. Most cars with a good trans are too nice to pick parts off of, the cars that aren't look like this or are severely out of spec.

Vehicle

I was afraid to hear that. I know 5th commonly dies in these trans, if you can't get those parts anymore then idk what we are going to do. Most cars with a good trans are too nice to pick parts off of, the cars that aren't look like this or are severely out of spec.
    I'm so sick about it.

Vehicle

I need help with this, If there is anyone out there who can help me get the parts I need.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX, 250,000 Miles, Daily Driver

Your going to have to spend a good amount of time looking in junk yards and pulling tranny's to find what you need. Ask on the 3geez facebook page, check Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market, search all the local pick a parts you have.

Make sure you replace the seals because 5th year is caused by low fluid leaking out of your seals.

1988 Honda Accord LSDX-I

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by conozo View Post
    Your going to have to spend a good amount of time looking in junk yards and pulling tranny's to find what you need. Ask on the 3geez facebook page, check Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market, search all the local pick a parts you have.

Make sure you replace the seals because 5th year is caused by low fluid leaking out of your seals.
    I have been looking im my junkyards and so far the couple I have found are automatic. Yeah I have replaced my axle seals 5 times this year but they keep leaking. I don't have facebook but I asked my brother to look and he said there's nothing there for my car. I will look at carpart.com.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

The big leaker you need to look out for is the shift shaft seal

Vehicle

The big leaker you need to look out for is the shift shaft seal
    I think that one is ok but I will be replacing all that if I could ever find the parts I need.

Vehicle
    88 LXi

I have been looking im my junkyards and so far the couple I have found are automatic. Yeah I have replaced my axle seals 5 times this year but they keep leaking. I don't have facebook but I asked my brother to look and he said there's nothing there for my car. I will look at carpart.com.
    One of those axle seals is the incorrect one and I dont think the correct one is available might be why it still leaks.
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Quote Originally Posted by Oldblueaccord View Post
    One of those axle seals is the incorrect one and I dont think the correct one is available might be why it still leaks.
    I was able to get the correct driver side seal after about 7 trips to the parts store and I have no idea what the pn was, unless I posted it in my car's thread. I have to replace the passenger side seal now and as far as I can tell the right one is listed for the auto trans... I have it but I have not put it in yet.

Vehicle

Yeah I have not found one yet that doesn't leak.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX

Quick question; so I’m getting an ’89 LX in a few days and the owner said the car stayed in the family and was maintained fairly. Only issues is the alternator and the ac system. He said the ac is completely shot. How should I go about repairing it? Will I need a whole conversion to r134a or can I keep the r12 system?

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I think you are going to have to have the car in your hands before you know anything. It depends on which compressor it has and where it is leaking etc.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

There's almost no reason to opt for R12 over R134 anymore. Last I checked an R12 fill cost $300 where a conversion costs maybe $150.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    There's almost no reason to opt for R12 over R134 anymore. Last I checked an R12 fill cost $300 where a conversion costs maybe $150.
    Do you have a reference for a conversion kit? Just went to see the car today. glad to see that everything is exactly how the guy explained it to me (with the surprise no power steering). other than that, mechanically it feels solid! No leaks, and minor squeaks! Definitely needs some TLC on cosmetics (expected) but the engine and tranny are strong and what i hoped for! i have a few pics i took today that ill post in a bit. so glad to have something to put time into, amidst this corona crap haha

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFuqboy View Post
    Do you have a reference for a conversion kit? Just went to see the car today. glad to see that everything is exactly how the guy explained it to me (with the surprise no power steering). other than that, mechanically it feels solid! No leaks, and minor squeaks! Definitely needs some TLC on cosmetics (expected) but the engine and tranny are strong and what i hoped for! i have a few pics i took today that ill post in a bit. so glad to have something to put time into, amidst this corona crap haha
    There are 2 different compressors, if it is a keihin, the whole system has to be replaced to put r134 in it, do not even try it. You need a denso compressor and none of the keihin lines fit it, so unless you adapt it somehow, you have to source the compatible lines. If your car already has a denso compressor though, its a matter of buying the $4 r134 fittings and filling it up. My money is on you have a keihin and the o rings on the lines to the compressor have perished. I have a keihin filled with es12, its not expensive, but availability is suboptimal.

DX User

Made a thread in 1geez but running out of time lol. Going to be looking at my first 1980 Accord Hatch 5spd. Single owner car almost 100% original with 119k miles. What should I look for visually and in a test drive? I am coming from a 2006 Mazdaspeed 6 so a lot of this is foreign to me. Anything I should know ahead of time?

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I will answer you since you're pressed for time. I have never even seen a 1g in person honestly, and not many people own them anymore. You are going to have to use your own judgement for the most part, you should be able to tell most things that need fixed if you really look around, but parts are going to be hard to come by aside from your normal consumables. If there is something that looks wrong and you are not prepared to diy it or really go on a parts hunt then it may not be the car for you. However, Im sure it will be a fun project. I have a 3g and a Civic Type R, both cars are on total opposite sides of the spectrum and I love it.

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX

I just joined because my accord has been acting funky not spunky like usual, let me give you some background it is a 86 accord LX and I love it with them flip up headlights, I did a Weber conversion but it went south in about 5 minutes with a razor blade. I did a Weber 32/26 swap and I have been struggling with vacuum leaks off and on one minute it's fine the next it wants to die. I removed the vacuum control box so no more AC and cruise control and what not. Plugged everything on the manifold they don't leak and I know the base plate has a small leak but I haven't had any luck with fixing it. For any Weber enthusiasts here my problem is the thing wants to die 99% of the time and it has gotten worse the carburetor is tuned for the motor the A/F ratio is good but it wont idle till it hits a certain point, so is it that from a vacuum leak or a fuel problem that could be causing this? I replaced the fuel filter in the tank already and I've been running non ethanol premium gas in it. Again Weber swapped with no vacuum control box no vacuum system besides the brake booster.

Vehicle
    87 Accord DX

I can tell you for sure a leak on the baseplate is not a "small leak" you also can't tune the a/f with a vacuum leak

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Shiren right get the vacuum leak sorted out. Since Im guessing your using an adapter you may have to sandwhich in some fiber gaskets as well to get everything to seal up good and then see what you got.
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Or just go ape-shit with the RTV...
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX

It was actually RTV'd like a mofo but it started to leak after like 5 months, I got the vacuum leaks sorted and it's running like a champion I got to smoke another EG6 which is cool however like everyother startup the thing will not idle it's got rev range but it refuses to idle and i'm really confused but it runs good then i turn it off run into the parts store come back out and it wants to die so it seems like a fuel pump in my opinion or just the relay is going on i'm not to terribly sure this thing is a lot more complicated than my datsun. There are no vacuum leaks I sprayed it down with brake clean and it was mint. Just as a side note what should it idle at?

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Idle? well in you case anything~ but 700 to 900 RPM would be fine.
    Now running E85.