Thread: HELP cant find clutch fluld filler cup .

DX User
    Vehicle
    87/honda/accord lx-i/ HB

HELP cant find clutch fluld filler cup .

i know this is pretty lame but i cant seem to find the clutch fluid filler cup for a 87 lxi hb 5 speed i just got the car about three weeks ago and i have been searching for it i just cant find it but i am pretty sure its right in front of me and i just dont see it but if any of you can help i would really be greatful .... thanks

Vehicle
    2003 Nissan SPEC V
    ummm you can look and look all you want and you wont find it!!!!!thats cause your car doesnt have one. the clutch on a 3g is a cable clutch.......

Vehicle
    Weber'd LX
    Yep. Your clutch is pulled by a cable and not by hydrolics.
    Accord has been replaced with a 2004 Solara SE Sport with 3.3 VVT-i V6...man does that car move...

LX User
    Vehicle
    1/2 JDM B18A DOHC CARB
    Is there something wrong with your clutch? If it needs adjustment there is a black knob right in front of the tranny to adjust it.
    Carl

DX User
    Vehicle
    87/honda/accord lx-i/ HB
    thanks for your help every 5 speed i have had always had a filler cup for the clutch so i thought that this one did to .. but now i know it does not so thanks , and no there was nothing wrong with my clutch i was just doing regular fluid check when i noticed no filler cup . see i havent had the car long so i am still learning about a 3gee honda accord . but thanks for showing me how to adjust my clutch though ..

Vehicle
    Weber'd LX
    Cool man! Any more questions just ask! dollars to doughnut holes somebody here knows just about anything to do with these cars!
    Accord has been replaced with a 2004 Solara SE Sport with 3.3 VVT-i V6...man does that car move...

LX User
    Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord
    perhaps you mean the transmission not the clutch??? You can add fluid to the tranny... but your clutch is a cable. If you want to top up your fluid, look on the passenger side engine compartment. Look directly down where the thermostat housing is and you should be able to see/feel a big 17mm nut on the tranny. Take that out and fill the fluid till its level with the hole. I recommend using Honda factory fluid otherwise you can just use 10W40 motor oil. You'll need a hose to add the fluid to the tranny... only takes about 5 minutes or so.

Good luck!
    CoAsTeR

88' Honda Accord LX
    www.coastersride.cjb.net
    Visit my website for pics and how-to's