Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lostforawhile and maule air to be in an up coming episode of How It's Made

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

lostforawhile and maule air to be in an up coming episode of How It's Made

Why they chose us way down here in the south, I have no idea, but we are going to be featured in an upcoming episode of How It's made. The film crew was here for two days, I don't think they took any video of my face, but I had to do this stupid repeditive task over and over, while they took video. You will see me put a wheel on a hub several times, as welll as lots of other people at the plant. Nice folks though, they are here from Canada, they had no idea what knats were, they kept asking if the hundreds of bugs circling their heads were mosquitios, Watching people with a French accent try to swat nearly invisible bugs, that move at light speed, was pretty funny though. I'm not sure of the exact air date yet, it's supposed to be around Jan Feb, I will let you know. I'm sorry if the pictures were blurry, for some reason this camera takes inside pictures out of focus. I'm using the digimax with the broken LCD , the other pictures of a home built kit of a Safari Helicopter that was here today, pretty cool.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: lostforawhile and maule air to be in an up coming episode of How It's Made

pretty cool Lost!!

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    89 LXi Sedan (sold) - Car free now, with hella bikes

lost is going all hollywood on us

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    lost is going all hollywood on us
    every time someone comes in from a magazine or a news crew, they always take pictures of my hands putting a wheel on a fork, EVERY time!! the same exact picture, I must have had 40 pictures taken of my hands doing the same thing over the years.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Way to go Lost! Congrats!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

What is being made in the episode? Helicopters?

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    every time someone comes in from a magazine or a news crew, they always take pictures of my hands EVERY time!! the same exact picture, I must have had 40 pictures taken of my hands doing the same thing over the years.
    "fixed"

Thats what she said

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
    What is being made in the episode? Helicopters?
    airplanes, that just happened yo be there

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

lol @ roodoo.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord EX-i AT

Lol.. i hope not all of them had a french accent.. i dont, and i live in good ol' French Quebec lol.

Cool stuff, man. Let us know when it airs, ill be watchin that.

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i (BT- 142K) - 1993 Civic DX (225K) - 1996 Camry DX (173K)

Wow, he will now be known internationally!!!

I wonder if now lost is going to charge for his autograph or for looking at his home page...

congrats man!
    If it ain't broke... I fix it!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ecogabriel View Post
    Wow, he will now be known internationally!!!

I wonder if now lost is going to charge for his autograph or for looking at his home page...

congrats man!
    lol, don't think so, i've been in a bunch os aviation magazines, no big deal, they probably won't even show my face, they never do.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeobe View Post
    Lol.. i hope not all of them had a french accent.. i dont, and i live in good ol' French Quebec lol.

Cool stuff, man. Let us know when it airs, ill be watchin that.
    they all did, the younger guys were mostly speaking french and the director spoke both English and french, young guys could speak English fine, but mostly spoke french. The gnats get everyone who isn't used to them. I know when i was putting the wheel on the hub, I didn't put a cotter key in, he didn't think that would come out. I could have done more interesting stuff, but that's what they decided to film. two days of footage to do probably a ten minute segment. I know at one point, one of the younger guys puts the camera tripod on my bench and leaps up on the bench, wanted a straight down shot, That's old stuff, luckily it has steel reinforcements under the 40 year old wood. That could have gotten ugly if he went right through the bench. I wanted them to film me turning a fork or something, but we didn't get enough notice of them coming. It would have taken me the entire day to set it up. I even have a jig to hold the camera over the lathe. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEwPL0ogjLw

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

please explain what a knat is? is it similar to the gnat's that we have here in wingate?
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    please explain what a knat is? is it similar to the gnat's that we have here in wingate?
    google redirects to gnat so it must be a common mispelling or regional spelling of the pest..
    garden knome? khrome knome...i want one!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by stat1K View Post
    it's a tiny flying bug that is attracted to the carbon dioxide you breathe out, so therefor likes to fly into your mouth and nose, they don't sting or bite, just drive you nuts. they like to swarm by the hundreds around your head and ears. I don't what what purpose they serve, other then someone in the south must have really pissed God off, so he created knats. http://lancaster.unl.edu/enviro/pest...ets/262-95.htm
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 08-23-2010 at 03:24 PM.

That helicopter is my "dream car." I always say that the fastest car is stuck in the same lousy DFW are traffic as the slowest. The only vehicle I really want is the one that is not dependent upon "traffic conditions" for its expediency in reaching my destination. LOL.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I see in season 8 there is an episode for crop dusters, yaw make those?
    No other aeronautical items were mentioned in S8. I need to look On Demand and see what season the show is even in now...

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    I see in season 8 there is an episode for crop dusters, yaw make those?
    No other aeronautical items were mentioned in S8. I need to look On Demand and see what season the show is even in now...
    no cropdusters, they said it will be jan or feb before it airs i don't have the exact date yet. it's on the science channel here

Vehicle

I still don't know the exact air date

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Yay how it's made is one of my fav shows!

I can see you in HD...
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

when is this going to air or did it already, my on demand is out so I cant check it...

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    when is this going to air or did it already, my on demand is out so I cant check it...
    I'm still trying to find out I'm going to call the discovery channel again tomorrow and see if they know anything yet

Vehicle

Ok I missed the first airing but it was on, I believe it's coming on again on 5/2, it says airplanes, but there was another airplane episode too, so on 5/2 that should be it. if thats the one about the carbon fiber airplanes, it's not it, if thats not it it should be on again soon, as it just aired this weekend, Ok it's the bush planes episode so that should be it
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 04-25-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

I just checked, the airplanes episode is from 3/07/2007
    2004-2011?