Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: bryan's Aerodeck

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Re: bryan's Aerodeck

Quote Originally Posted by bryan6732 View Post
    No it's not that I'm worrying bout it or anything, it just sounds unfamiliar.. The Aerodeck is not a car that you see every day in The Netherlands, not even every month! Except for me of course, cause I own one .

About the side markers, I want to get rid of them, I hate round things. Cars should be all sharp-edged! Gonna grab some CRX sidemarkers I guess...

I don't know if I would trade my Aerodeck for a Hatch if it really comes to it. I got really addicted to Aerodecks actually!!
    2G hatch is a bit too old for me, I mostly love Hondas from late 80s and early 90s.. Can't help it, just happens
    BTW your English is perfect...my Dutch is non existent...damn American school should have taught us some Dutch...alright I'm coming over there so we can go play darts or snooker at the Vink.

If you get rid of your round side marker lights, then send them to me!

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning

Vehicle
    VW Polo G40, 1986 Aerodeck EX (sold), 1987 Aerodeck EXi (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by phrenology View Post
    BTW your English is perfect...my Dutch is non existent...damn American school should have taught us some Dutch...alright I'm coming over there so we can go play darts or snooker at the Vink.

If you get rid of your round side marker lights, then send them to me!
    Hehe, English lessons start at primary school here, when you're only 10 years old. And now I'm 21 and studying at University of Professional Education I still got English lessons. Reason: We live in a small country, with many many trading companies (import and export). So for a student who wants to be ready to enter the labor market (is that correct?? cause here we say it that way ) it's crucial to know his languages (I speak German too, and a little bit French).

Besides, I really love the English language! When you translate a famous English phrase (from a movie or something) to Dutch, it really sounds like crap. Take Tony Montana: "Say hello to my little friend". Sounds terrific!! In Dutch it would be: "Zeg hallo tegen mijn kleine vriend". Couldn't be worse, you should be delighted you don't speak Dutch!

Vehicle

And when I'm about to throw the side markers away, I'll PM you

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Hehe, English lessons start at primary school here, when you're only 10 years old. And now I'm 21 and studying at University of Professional Education I still got English lessons. Reason: We live in a small country, with many many trading companies (import and export). So for a student who wants to be ready to enter the labor market (is that correct?? cause here we say it that way ) it's crucial to know his languages (I speak German too, and a little bit French).

Besides, I really love the English language! When you translate a famous English phrase (from a movie or something) to Dutch, it really sounds like crap. Take Tony Montana: "Say hello to my little friend". Sounds terrific!! In Dutch it would be: "Zeg hallo tegen mijn kleine vriend". Couldn't be worse, you should be delighted you don't speak Dutch!
    Yes I remember it being very difficult to speak, lots of double vowel sounds...I was trying to help my Dutch gardener friend with his English while I was at school. I wonder what happened to him? I know he doesn't work at the school anymore. His name was Jeroen (sp) We used to go out after work and hang out at bars, while all the other kids from my school got wasted in Venlo. Trying to talk to Dutch girls was hard too! But yes almost everyone I met in your country spoke English even in the farm towns. That is not so much the case in my wife's country, English is less common in Slavic regions.

Anyway...if you want anything from North American Accords let me know, I don't go to the junkyard much, none close to the city here. But I have some other parts and contacts around here.

Vehicle

Yes I remember it being very difficult to speak, lots of double vowel sounds...I was trying to help my Dutch gardener friend with his English while I was at school. I wonder what happened to him? I know he doesn't work at the school anymore. His name was Jeroen (sp) We used to go out after work and hang out at bars, while all the other kids from my school got wasted in Venlo. Trying to talk to Dutch girls was hard too! But yes almost everyone I met in your country spoke English even in the farm towns. That is not so much the case in my wife's country, English is less common in Slavic regions.

Anyway...if you want anything from North American Accords let me know, I don't go to the junkyard much, none close to the city here. But I have some other parts and contacts around here.
    Venlo actually is quite a nice town. Not too big. Only 35k residents I think. But OK to get wasted indeed!

Well, Slavic region isn't the only place where many people don't speak English. Try Germany or France!

If I ever need something I'll give you a PM, thanks! Same counts for you by the way, but I don't think there are parts here that you won't find cheaper in the US. But you never know.

Gonna grab some sleep now. Hope to wake up when sun is shining (instead of rain!) so I can finish my rear bumper. Would be nice if I get that done this week, school starts next monday for me!

Vehicle

Ordered the filler tube today, had to wait till my money was sent to my Paypal account, which has completed today.
    Only $128 shipped! Hope to receive it soon...

I just came home (went away for about an hour), and my little brother told me there was a guy with an envelope at the door half an hour ago.
    Customs had to be paid, and he couldn't find any money so will come back tomorrow!
    So tomorrow I'll have my Bisimoto Heat Shielded Intake Manifold Gasket..

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Yay, new parts are always good!!! So the postman comes to collect customs fees in Netherlands?

Vehicle

Yay, new parts are always good!!! So the postman comes to collect customs fees in Netherlands?
    I'm always excited when the postman has a package for me!

Indeed, the postman collects them. So he's standing there with the package which is for you, and if the fees aren't being paid he takes it back to his van.
    So if you just kick hiss a$$ you don't have to pay I guess.. Never tried that strategy though!

Vehicle

Went to the post office today, cuz when you're not at home at the first and second delivery, you'll have to pick it up yourself..
    Paid €12,50 "clearance" costs and €11 tax fee.

You've got mail:

Presents from Bisi:

Gasket:

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '13 Honda Civic LX

Looks sweet! aeros ftw
    Flickr | Facebook

2013 Civic Coupe

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

I'm always excited when the postman has a package for me!

Indeed, the postman collects them. So he's standing there with the package which is for you, and if the fees aren't being paid he takes it back to his van.
    So if you just kick hiss a$$ you don't have to pay I guess.. Never tried that strategy though!
    My music professor in The Netherlands was this saucy old English bloke who part timed for the Dutch post. He didn't make it to class one session because a dog bit him in the arse while he was delivering the mail in Utrecht! True story...I sh#t you not.

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

We used to have go to Venlo to pick his arse up in an old Ford Festiva! My buddy Giovanni did the driving and I was the spotter for the plods...LOL. Driving around The villages in southern Netherlands is confusing if you aren't from there and don't have a Dutch license! We used to rally that POS over the rail tracks on the way back from the station!!! PS if you have friends who are cops...you didn't hear it from me...LOL.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Mellexx View Post
    Looks sweet! aeros ftw
    Thanks! I definitely love Aerodecks, but the hatch in your signature is cool too

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '13 Honda Civic LX

Yup, haha I wish it was mine it was just a photoshop I did of a hatch. I'm lookin' for a 3gee though but without a job, and no place willing to hire me that won't be happening to soon
    Flickr | Facebook

2013 Civic Coupe

Vehicle

We used to have go to Venlo to pick his arse up in an old Ford Festiva! My buddy Giovanni did the driving and I was the spotter for the plods...LOL. Driving around The villages in southern Netherlands is confusing if you aren't from there and don't have a Dutch license! We used to rally that POS over the rail tracks on the way back from the station!!! PS if you have friends who are cops...you didn't hear it from me...LOL.
    LOL Ford Festiva is the same class as Yugo .. Would prefer Yugo if I'd have the choice though!
    Yeah I guess it would be hard to drive around the villages. No navigation system 8 years ago.

Do cops have friends then?

Vehicle

Yup, haha I wish it was mine it was just a photoshop I did of a hatch. I'm lookin' for a 3gee though but without a job, and no place willing to hire me that won't be happening to soon
    That's a damn pity, although 3geez normally aren't expensive.. But yeah, with no job it's hard to spend even the littlest amount of money I guess. Hope you'll get a job (and 3gee) soon mate

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '13 Honda Civic LX

Very true there have been a bunch for sale within an hour of me for very cheap too, sadly no money won't help me out to get one. But thanks, I'm hoping I can get a job fairly soon so I can drive to and from my last year of high school.
    Flickr | Facebook

2013 Civic Coupe

Vehicle

Very true there have been a bunch for sale within an hour of me for very cheap too, sadly no money won't help me out to get one. But thanks, I'm hoping I can get a job fairly soon so I can drive to and from my last year of high school.
    But I guess hatch is your fav?

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

LOL Ford Festiva is the same class as Yugo .. Would prefer Yugo if I'd have the choice though!
    Yeah I guess it would be hard to drive around the villages. No navigation system 8 years ago.

Do cops have friends then?
    Yeah we abused that Ford...LOL. That year we went to the International Auto Show in Geneva...me and Giovanni had a blast! We saw the concept for the Bugatti Veyron. BTW your Aerodeck is the best one I've seen on the web in a long time.

Vehicle

Yeah we abused that Ford...LOL. That year we went to the International Auto Show in Geneva...me and Giovanni had a blast! We saw the concept for the Bugatti Veyron. BTW your Aerodeck is the best one I've seen on the web in a long time.
    Hehe Bugatti really isn't my fav car, don't like the way it looks.. But hell yeah, would love to see it ..

And from Venlo to Geneva is only 500 miles

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '13 Honda Civic LX

But I guess hatch is your fav?
    I love them all so I can't really pick a fav :p I do look forward to seeing more of this car though!
    Flickr | Facebook

2013 Civic Coupe

Vehicle

I love them all so I can't really pick a fav :p I do look forward to seeing more of this car though!
    I'll try to keep you posted, but weather here has been really bad last weeks so had no chance to continue. Besides, I'm returning to school next monday which means I'm gonna have to search for some spare time

LXi User
    Vehicle
    '13 Honda Civic LX

I understand completely on the weather and time, Just keep up when you get the chance
    Flickr | Facebook

2013 Civic Coupe

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Hehe Bugatti really isn't my fav car, don't like the way it looks.. But hell yeah, would love to see it ..

And from Venlo to Geneva is only 500 miles
    Yeah we didn't drive the Festiva (school's car) we took the train through Germany. The closest I got to driving in Europe was driving the tractor around the farmland, lol.

Vehicle

I understand completely on the weather and time, Just keep up when you get the chance
    Whenever something happens, 3geez.com will be the first one to know

Yeah we didn't drive the Festiva (school's car) we took the train through Germany. The closest I got to driving in Europe was driving the tractor around the farmland, lol.
    By train? That has been a hell of a trip I suppose!