Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: bryan's Aerodeck

Vehicle
    VW Polo G40, 1986 Aerodeck EX (sold), 1987 Aerodeck EXi (RIP)

Arrow bryan's Aerodeck

So, finally some pics from my Aerodeck. The front has been lowered yet (4cm lowering springs (1.6 inches)) but still think the wheel gap is too big.

Only pic with the original front bumper:

Rear side:

Engine bay:

Interior:

Last edited by bryan6732; 08-25-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: spelling

Vehicle

Re: bryan's Aerodeck

Last few days I've been working on my bodykit. Front and sideskirts are on the Aerodeck yet, and painted (matt black). Haven't had enough time to put the rear skirt on it yet. This will be done the coming days (waiting till it stops raining ).

Of course I took some pictures of the result till now:

Front skirt:

Sideskirts, not painted yet on these pics:

Actually the first picture in this post is the only one where the sideskirts are painted, I noticed now

I will post a decent pic with the painted sideskirts when I'll post the pics of the rear skirt, hopefully tomorrow!!
    Last edited by bryan6732; 08-22-2010 at 08:03 AM. Reason: double picture in one post

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Thumbs up Re: bryan's Aerodeck

Sweet, sweet Aerodeck...not too much rust from what I see.

It must be hard working on cars in The Netherlands...it gets pretty wet out there. I remember it flooding pretty bad in the spring time.

How far are you from Venlo or Nijmegen? I went to school over there. I really miss The Netherlands...haven't been back in 8 years, well last year I flew through Schiphol but that doesn't count.

I hope to visit there again, have a beer for me...PROST!

BTW what brand of body kit is that? I had the same front spoiler for my 2nd Gen 84 Accord hatchback...I think it was German made.

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning

Vehicle

Yeah it looks very rust-free from the outside, only has a little spot on the hood and behind the left tail light. But the wheel housings (the inside, behind the wheel actually) have some major rust and the tube from the tank cap to the tank is totally gone. Replaced it with a rubber hose (still amazed it didn't disolve yet ). Honda dealer told me it could take two months to get it, so I was looking to find it somewhere else, but haven't found it yet... I'll make a thread in the trading zone for it!

Couldn't agree more about the rain, I guess the Netherlands is (after England of course) the rainiest country in Europe.

I live in Heerlen, that's about 70 km (about 45 miles) southern to Venlo. Did you go to school in Venlo? Cause I am, starting 2nd year of my Logistics study by the beginning of September.

The front skirt (and sideskirts too) is from StyleAuto, from Germany indeed. Never knew it till two weeks ago, they're made only 50 kms from were I live!!
    Rear skirt is also from Germany, but its from a guy who calls himself Polybauer. Got it there because I didn't like the rear skirt from StyleAuto:

Whenever you visit The Netherlands again, feel free to e-mail me and drop by

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Yeah we can't get the Aerodeck here but I believe the filler pipe from the cap to the tank is pretty universal across 3rd Gen Accords. I don't know cause I've never replaced one. A rubber hose is bad cause it can dissolve and leave nasty deposits in your gas and get sucked into the engine. If you're gonna do that at least stick a newer and better fuel filter, or you might have serious problems. I would ask one of the EAST coast members to send you a new filler pipe. They're cheap here:

http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Gas-Tank/Ho...tm_content=FMX

I would send you one, but CA to Netherlands shipping would be insane. I don't remember but Dutch Customs weren't too bad when it came to imports. China to CA is crazy...you could probably mail a goat and they wouldn't care.

BTW: I went to a US institution in Limburgh between Venlo and Venray. I was only there for 1/2 year but I liked it so much I didn't wan to leave The Netherlands I want to come back and visit. Maybe next time I can stop in Netherlands on the way to visit my wife's family in Europe.

Vehicle

Figured that out indeed, that's the reason why I want it to be changed ASAP.

OMG the prices on that site are insane, 73 dollars (need one with single vent tube)! As I said a few posts back I went to the Honda dealer here in The Netherlands. The price there was €175, about 223 friggin US Dollars for a simple metal tube!

There are practically no 3geez on junkyards over here, so could take a while before I'll find one by myself. Anywho, would be great if someone from the Eastcoast who's willing to ship to me would read this thread!

Tax Administration is actually predictable: when the biggest package in the room is yours, you're gonna be the one who has to pay! Filler tube isn't really that big so shouldn't be a problem,

Venlo and Venray are in the north of Limburg, while Heerlen (where I live) is about 10 miles from the most southern point of our country. What was the name of the institution where you went to school? And where is your wife from (if I may ask)?

Vehicle

Forget about this whole thing! Ebay fixes a lot of problems!
    Found some for $130 dollars shipped...

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Cool, good luck with your fix on the filler pipe!

Vehicle

Thanks! Will post more pics soon...

Vehicle

Right, since the wheater is shitty today there's shitloads of time left to make and post pics.

Rear skirt (just plain plastic, without primer)

(What's left of) the tank filler tube:

Spot near the left taillight:

My sunroof, totally rust and leak free, which makes me very happy!

And two pics of the sideskirts, varnished matt black:

As you can see I'm already getting bored! And it isn't even 10 AM!
    Last edited by bryan6732; 08-23-2010 at 03:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Vehicle

Right, since the weather is crap today there's shitloads of time left to make and post pics.

Rear skirt (just plain plastic, without primer)

(What's left of) the tank filler tube:

Spot near the left taillight:

My sunroof, totally rust and leak free, which makes me very happy!

And two pics of the sideskirts, varnished matt black:

I'm already getting bored! And it isn't even 10 AM over here!

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bryan6732 View Post
    Figured that out indeed, that's the reason why I want it to be changed ASAP.

OMG the prices on that site are insane, 73 dollars (need one with single vent tube)! As I said a few posts back I went to the Honda dealer here in The Netherlands. The price there was €175, about 223 friggin US Dollars for a simple metal tube!

There are practically no 3geez on junkyards over here, so could take a while before I'll find one by myself. Anywho, would be great if someone from the Eastcoast who's willing to ship to me would read this thread!

Tax Administration is actually predictable: when the biggest package in the room is yours, you're gonna be the one who has to pay! Filler tube isn't really that big so shouldn't be a problem,

Venlo and Venray are in the north of Limburg, while Heerlen (where I live) is about 10 miles from the most southern point of our country. What was the name of the institution where you went to school? And where is your wife from (if I may ask)?
    The school was in an old Castle on a farm in Well...very small village, there is a bar there called "Vink" maybe you've been there? The professors were from University of Nijmegen. I went to classes there and did gardening/groundskeeping for beer money and to travel. The school is operated by Emerson College of Boston. My wife is from the Balkans...Croatia.

I was there earlier this year, I saw many Yugos but my wife won't let me have one...LOL I want a turbo Yugo!!!

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

BTW the body kit is great...very European style!!!

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

for the rust around the filler neck cut it out so it doesnt spread throw some stop rust converter stuff on it primer it then pop rivit some sheet metal in there and primer/paint it, not like anyone will ever see it behind the gas door ^_^

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by phrenology View Post
    The school was in an old Castle on a farm in Well...very small village, there is a bar there called "Vink" maybe you've been there? The professors were from University of Nijmegen. I went to classes there and did gardening/groundskeeping for beer money and to travel. The school is operated by Emerson College of Boston. My wife is from the Balkans...Croatia.

I was there earlier this year, I saw many Yugos but my wife won't let me have one...LOL I want a turbo Yugo!!!
    Yeah I know Well (not very well, but I know where it is ). 20 kms north of Venlo. Never been there actually.

Croatia actually is a great country! Would love to go there on holidays someday!

Yeah Yugos are.. ehhh... at least they're funny . Turbo Yugo would be suicide I guess!

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Accord Honda View Post
    for the rust around the filler neck cut it out so it doesnt spread throw some stop rust converter stuff on it primer it then pop rivit some sheet metal in there and primer/paint it, not like anyone will ever see it behind the gas door ^_^
    Thanks for the advice! But I think I'm gonna cut the rust around the filler neck out and weld in a new piece, since I can only tighten it with two bolts (instead of three)...

Vehicle

But now I've read your post a second time, I think that's what you were actually saying

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Thumbs up Re: bryan's Aerodeck

Yeah I know Well (not very well, but I know where it is ). 20 kms north of Venlo. Never been there actually.

Croatia actually is a great country! Would love to go there on holidays someday!

Yeah Yugos are.. ehhh... at least they're funny . Turbo Yugo would be suicide I guess!
    There really isn't anything in Well besides the Vink, if that's still there its been 8 years since I left... Living in The Netherlands was great, a real taste of rural European life for this Yankee City Rat.

Indeed pimp my Yugo is popular in the Balkans...better than pimp my Punto

10 second Yugo...there's my challenge!

Despite the rust I would still love to have an Aerodeck...make that thing into a boat and sail it to California then we can trade.

Vehicle

There really isn't anything in Well besides the Vink, if that's still there its been 8 years since I left... Living in The Netherlands was great, a real taste of rural European life for this Yankee City Rat.

Indeed pimp my Yugo is popular in the Balkans...better than pimp my Punto

10 second Yugo...there's my challenge!

Despite the rust I would still love to have an Aerodeck...make that thing into a boat and sail it to California then we can trade.
    I looked it up (google for the win!) and it still exists! Appears to be sort of a restaurant and bar. I actually do love living in Europe, although I've never been in the US! But hey, you've got loads of (aftermarket) parts for 3geez that we don't have here!

Hehe, Yugo is totally unknown here, so you see much more pimped Punto's with loads of Tupperware on it.

Don't think my Aeroboat would stay alive till California, guess the whole car (yeah, EVEN the plastic ) has rusted away when I'm at the North Sea!

What I'm also jealous of: you guys have 3geez hatch, would love to have one of those!!!

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

that car is very europeanized. I reckon that's pretty cool

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by A18A View Post
    that car is very europeanized. I reckon that's pretty cool
    Hehe thanks, glad you like it!

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

I think it should be called the Accord Eurodeck.

Vehicle

I think it should be called the Accord Eurodeck.
    LOL, I like the name "Aerodeck" actually..

Hehe now someone tell me what's so Europeanized (btw: is that an existing word?? ) about the car?

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

LOL, I like the name "Aerodeck" actually..

Hehe now someone tell me what's so Europeanized (btw: is that an existing word?? ) about the car?
    Trust me if you lived here...you would call your car Europeanized...with the body kit and those side markers, rear bumper back up lights, and all the other stuff that sets it apart from North America 3Gs its definitely a Euro car. But that's not a negative thing, personally I love the Eurodeck, I'd trade a US 3G Hatchback for a Eurodeck any day but not a 2G Hatchback IMO.

Vehicle

Trust me if you lived here...you would call your car Europeanized...with the body kit and those side markers, rear bumper back up lights, and all the other stuff that sets it apart from North America 3Gs its definitely a Euro car. But that's not a negative thing, personally I love the Eurodeck, I'd trade a US 3G Hatchback for a Eurodeck any day but not a 2G Hatchback IMO.
    No it's not that I'm worrying bout it or anything, it just sounds unfamiliar.. The Aerodeck is not a car that you see every day in The Netherlands, not even every month! Except for me of course, cause I own one .

About the side markers, I want to get rid of them, I hate round things. Cars should be all sharp-edged! Gonna grab some CRX sidemarkers I guess...

I don't know if I would trade my Aerodeck for a Hatch if it really comes to it. I got really addicted to Aerodecks actually!!
    2G hatch is a bit too old for me, I mostly love Hondas from late 80s and early 90s.. Can't help it, just happens