Thread: 84/85 Hatchback Parts Car

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

84/85 Hatchback Parts Car

Sad to say but I have to part out my beloved 2nd Gen hatchback.

It was a great little car but I don't have time or money to rebuild more than one car at a time and CA is a pain in the ass for switching motors and emissions when the car isn't at least 30 years old. It was awaiting the final stages of an A20A3 Webber swap when I ran out of funds and had to leave FL for good. The car was towed to Reno, NV where it sat for the last 3 years. If someone would like to purchase the whole vehicle minus the motor and tranny, its a good body and could make a great project. BTW I did a full engine bay spray with heat treated rust coat, and the interior has been pretty much been stripped down and gutted for racing.

I don't have direct access the car, because its in NV. I have to sell via proxy pull. I have friends/family there who can help with pics/pull. I don't have the exact condition of parts because the car has been sitting in for 3 years. It is not running. Let me know via PM what specific parts you are looking for. I will then get you pics only upon request.

As far as custom goes:

I have the original dash, center console painted black

A pair of 2nd gen Lude seats in good shape

I did a Teg rear disc swap so most of the parts for that are on the car

All 4 struts have been rebuilt with Koni red inserts

There are custom heavy springs with a slight chop about 1-2 inches

There's a working but rusty Pacesetter cat back exhaust system

I had 4 HID style headlamp conversion housings

A set of clear one piece GTS headlight covers

There is a front custom air dam Style Auto...German ABS plastic and impossible to find:

Rear aftermarket metal louvers

As far as OEM there's a newer rear hatch deck with little to no rust, new rear hatch struts, a bunch of suspension and steering parts, It had a new rack put in with a couple thousand miles on it tops and new ball joints. All of the doors and glass should be in good shape. That's all that comes to mind right now. If you have specific questions than PM me. Also any large pieces (ie doors, glass, hatch, body panels) will not be shipped you have to come and pick them up in the Reno/Tahoe area...pending the removal of the engine/tranny in the next few months the whole car with clean title can be towed away at buyers expense. I hope we can find a home for her.

Please PM me with any requests for parts or pics. Again please be aware I have not had access to my car for years, so parts condition may vary. I will provide pictures upon private request only to interested buyers.

Thanks 2nd Gen Geez...I greatly miss the 2G experience! Proud to be continuing the Accord life with my 88 LXi but I miss the 84 Hatchback most of all.

"The Future is Unwritten" -Strummer

"speed costs money, so gaffer tape and cable ties will suffice"-Peasant Tuning

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Re: 84/85 Hatchback Parts Car

Sad that it has to go man. You and PhydeauX were my freakin' heroes. Now both your epic cars are gone. I read a post, he sent his to the crusher with freakin' Whiteline swaybars on it.

You did a Teg rear disc swap? Do you mean Prelude? Or is there something I don't know about?

Are the springs the ones you were talking about in that other thread? The sleeve setup? Or did you chop the stock springs?

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Its a crying shame as far as I'm concerned. Even shittier, I'm too far away and too broke to rescue any of the parts I could really actually use.
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Sad that it has to go man. You and PhydeauX were my freakin' heroes. Now both your epic cars are gone. I read a post, he sent his to the crusher with freakin' Whiteline swaybars on it.

You did a Teg rear disc swap? Do you mean Prelude? Or is there something I don't know about?

Are the springs the ones you were talking about in that other thread? The sleeve setup? Or did you chop the stock springs?
    No I bought, thicker than stock springs and then chopped them a bit.

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Unhappy Re: 84/85 Hatchback Parts Car

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Its a crying shame as far as I'm concerned. Even shittier, I'm too far away and too broke to rescue any of the parts I could really actually use.
    I know, if I didn't live in the sh*t *ss city and had a real house, with a real garage it would be sitting in there as a NON OP autocross mobile. California can be awesome and really retarded at the same time. Maybe by the time I actually finish school I will get the hell out of here once and for all.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Sedan

Are the louvers compatable with the 3rd gen hatch? I might be interested...Dont care about paint fade.. will be repainting anyway. Doing lots of trim painting these days haha
    Last edited by Xaisk; 09-27-2010 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Specified hatch

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Xaisk View Post
    Are the louvers compatable with the 3rd gen hatch? I might be interested...Dont care about paint fade.. will be repainting anyway. Doing lots of trim painting these days haha
    I'm gonna have to go with no...the dimensions of the rear hatches are different. the 3G is quite a bit wider then the 2nd Gen. You might want to ask another member like itzdave what dimensions his louvers are.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Sedan

kk thanks. Just curious.

Vehicle
    Accord 88 LXi Coupe

Exclamation Re: 84/85 Hatchback Parts Car

All sales on parts from this vehicle are on hold until further notice. Thanks for your patience.