Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Xaisks 1988 Hatch Thread

Awaiting Activation scars_of_carma's Avatar
    Vehicle
    nada

Re: Xaisks 1988 Hatch Thread

Nice work man kudo's. I'd like to feel what the Webers like. I used to have a weber'd Mazda RX3 and later I put the same engine in an RX7. Best part of a carb is no rev limiter!

I thought you said you removed the sound deadening though? I see it in all the pics...

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Sedan

I removed about 95% of it. The sound deafening stuff was that foamy stuff that was underneath the carpet. It was vomit colored and sponge like...
    When I pulled my carpet out the car got MUUCH noisier.. and so did the outside world haha.

Awaiting Activation scars_of_carma's Avatar
    Vehicle
    nada

Quote Originally Posted by Xaisk View Post
    I removed about 95% of it. The sound deafening stuff was that foamy stuff that was underneath the carpet. It was vomit colored and sponge like...
    Removing the carpet will help, but to get all the sound-deadening you have to remove that hard tar off of the interior sheetmetal. Easiest way to do it is with dry ice.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Sedan

Oh, ok. I was wondering what that stuff was. I wasn't removing it because I want it gone, When I rebuilt my AC system, I forgot to stick that rubber drain tube back through the firewall, so the condensation leaaked in after running the system. In one night, my passenger side floor had 1 inch of water soaked into all of the carpet. It was mildewy and nasty so I ripped it out. I miss the carpet. It makes the interior feel empty without it.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Sedan

So I got aggravated with my speakers intermittantly stopping working, so I went and removed the stock wires from my cars speaker system and fully added custom ones. I dont have any pictures because that shit is tucked away good.

I used 16 Gauge wire and some platinum plated connectors for the speaker tabs.

It works great. No sound issues and they dont seem to fuzz out anymore at loud volume, however, the only way the setup would work was if I put the drivers side speaker on the passenger side and vice versa, I dont know what the hell was up with that.

Im glad to replace the stock shit with some newer wiring.