Thread: black box questions

Vehicle
    93 EG sedan*sold* 93 prelude*sold* 90 EF sedan*sold* DA integra *totaled R.I.P.* -93 EG sedan -83 SZ accord sedan

black box questions

I seen that their is older posts concerning the "black box" and i am just wondering if anyone has any better advice than just pulling this and that til you find what works. I removed the crusie control and ac, now i am tryin to figure out what to do in order to simplify the all the vaccum lines or completely do away with it.

If anyone can give me a little bit more info on this than what was posted a couple years ago that would be great
    Atleast the vac lines that i NEED to have would be good also so i can dispose of the rest
    Last edited by rideordie12; 12-02-2010 at 08:46 PM.
    -MALACHi

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Re: black box questions

The only thing I can suggest is to check out the 3rd gen de-vac guides. The 2nd gen carbs are CVCC and more complicated than the 3rd gens, but they still contain most of the same systems, and most of the knowledge should apply. The CVCC carb should be pretty damn close to the 3rd gen carb, except it's got the AUX systems on it, sort of like a second carb...

I do believe one other member here did a devac on a stock carb, but still ran into a few problems. If you do this, you're sort of pioneering it, because I haven't heard from any 2nd gen members in a long time who have done this... The best way to do it right, is to get the Weber conversion kit. Carbs Unlimited is right there in Auburn and should be able to help you out with that.

Vehicle
    93 EG sedan*sold* 93 prelude*sold* 90 EF sedan*sold* DA integra *totaled R.I.P.* -93 EG sedan -83 SZ accord sedan

Re: black box questions

Alright thanks, i seen a post on hondatech from you that said something about de-vac was possiable after the weber conversion just a little bit ago. What exactly is the conversion? Like manifold, carb and filter or what? easy to install/tune? and what am i lookin at price wise? I seen someone selling one on here for 250obo a little while back so im guessing alot more than that new??
    Thanks again for the info, ill just leave it be for now.

One last thing on one of my two 2g's it has high altitude stuff (WTF??) Can i just remove that or what exactly does it do?
    -MALACHi