Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: section for 2nd gen preludes?

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

section for 2nd gen preludes?

in the last few days we have started getting members here from prelude power, with second gen preludes, i'm not sure whats going on over there, but there are a lot of people there who have serious knowledge on the a20, as well as performance ideas. I think we should add a section for them, as they share so much with the third generation accord. we already have members from before of course, but I think this would be a benifit to everyone.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

Re: section for 2nd gen preludes?

I've been contemplating this for quite a while as well. We share quite a bit with that chassis (Suspension, brakes, powertrain) and I think it would be beneficial for us to incorporate them as well. Perhaps a 2g Prelude forum like our 1g/2g forums.

It would take a bit of restructuring, but we've been through that before, yeah?
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2drSE-i View Post
    I've been contemplating this for quite a while as well. We share quite a bit with that chassis (Suspension, brakes, powertrain) and I think it would be beneficial for us to incorporate them as well. Perhaps a 2g Prelude forum like our 1g/2g forums.

It would take a bit of restructuring, but we've been through that before, yeah?
    yea there seem to be a lot of guys who are pretty serious in making power with the a20 in the lude, thats always a benifit to us here

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

I'm sure this would be a good time to also 3rd this idea. I think it would be a great thing and the knowlegde between me and Rustlude87 alone would be of great help to anyone looking for some insight into these platforms. I know Jared (rustlude87) has been autocrossing his 2nd gen since he was 18 and I'm coming up on my 8th season of autocrossing.
    I also know that Jared has a strong background in electrical components and I myself am working towards my Mechanical Engineering Degree. I think together with the help of this 3rd gen accord community could create a beautiful partnership with you guys here and hopefully create a 2nd gen following that was like PP.com used to be years ago.
    I hope these kind words get you guys all PUMPED about wanting this, but until it goes through, I'll be adding little things here and there, checking out all the crazy awesome 3rd gen accords will remember my own that i've owned over the years. Thanks for the consideration.
    Ryan

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude Si

Quote Originally Posted by hondalude86 View Post
    I'm sure this would be a good time to also 3rd this idea. I think it would be a great thing and the knowlegde between me and Rustlude87 alone would be of great help to anyone looking for some insight into these platforms. I know Jared (rustlude87) has been autocrossing his 2nd gen since he was 18 and I'm coming up on my 8th season of autocrossing.
    I also know that Jared has a strong background in electrical components and I myself am working towards my Mechanical Engineering Degree. I think together with the help of this 3rd gen accord community could create a beautiful partnership with you guys here and hopefully create a 2nd gen following that was like PP.com used to be years ago.
    I hope these kind words get you guys all PUMPED about wanting this, but until it goes through, I'll be adding little things here and there, checking out all the crazy awesome 3rd gen accords will remember my own that i've owned over the years. Thanks for the consideration.
    Ryan
    Ryan I have been autoxing since I was 16! Yes I have a very strong electrical background, I am very good with troubleshooting issues. I think a lot of you accord guys have the same mindset as us, and what you guys expect out of members. I think making us a sub-forum we can bring a lot to the table I know of at least 4 PP guys that post here regularly. So please consider making us a sub-forum please!

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

Well, we would basically steal people from preludepower.

However, regrouping the A20A community in one single place would help both of us. The 2nd gen section on PP is basically on it's own anyway

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude Si

Well I don't want the people who don't contribute and post whore random crap... thats why most of us left...

3Geez Veteran

^ WELL, you came to the right place...three days ago...

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I agree. Let's do it! There's been so much hand-wringing lately about how do we breathe new life into the board. This seems an exceptionally awesome way to do it.

Welcome 2g Luders!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by rustlude87 View Post
    Well I don't want the people who don't contribute and post whore random crap... thats why most of us left...
    we have a pretty good off topic section that contains most of the post whoring, I have a pretty serious project going with the a20 in my 3rd gen, it's just taking forever due to family and work issues. I also have a very good background with electrical and troubleshooting, Dr. Snooze just recently put up the 89 electrical troubleshooting manual, and someone else is scanning the 87, I was waiting for it, because I had been trying to follow the wiring diagram on incomplete diagrams and the Russian diagrams, now that I've read the entire manual, I know how everything works, I have a very strong background in motor controls, so the headlights were a piece of cake with a proper manual. I wouldn't say we are stealing members, people have the choice of where to go, many people belong to both forums anyway.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by rustlude87 View Post
    HMM I need to go over there to PP and look at that, Ive not been there in several months.
    Then it used to be pretty much 2nd Gen car theads period, there is a off topic forum there at PP that really goes no holds barred already.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    HMM I need to go over there to PP and look at that, Ive not been there in several months.
    Then it used to be pretty much 2nd Gen car theads period, there is a off topic forum there at PP that really goes no holds barred already.
    yep the off topic whores and pink dildos section, funny stuff there bunch of nutcases. and the bewbs thread of course. there seems to be less and less technical stuff going on though and more off topic

Vehicle

there are only two pages of second gen stuff left in that section, from what I can see

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

This is an idea we've looked at in the past, and one we continue to explore. Basically, we would need to be able to build up the Prelude forums as a resource quickly, which would require a lot of input from Prelude owners (and Accord owners knowledgeable about the Prelude), and I think that would need an influx of new members dedicated to expanding those forums.
    - Joe

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 87accordlxi View Post
    This is an idea we've looked at in the past, and one we continue to explore. Basically, we would need to be able to build up the Prelude forums as a resource quickly, which would require a lot of input from Prelude owners (and Accord owners knowledgeable about the Prelude), and I think that would need an influx of new members dedicated to expanding those forums.
    they seem to be heading this way on their own, as a prelude power member myself, i can see the forum deteriorating quickly, I hardly ever go there anymore. give them a place to share knowledge on the cars, and they will come. There are a lot of guys there very smart when it comes to the A20. We have long term members here from prelude power already, A lot of the second generation forum there seems to be missing now.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

yeah i've noticed the 2g area over there has gone to the shitter too

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Sounds like a plan to me. Theres alot of great info that can benefit us on forum.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 87accordlxi View Post
    I don't think we'd have any problems what-so-ever filling it up. As said before, they should feel right at home with much of our technical forums, anything chassis specific can be asked in their own subforum, our general section, or off-topic.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

I was thinking of making this exact same request after I posted the obd0 to od1 conversion pin out over there. I got crickets, hardly anyone knew what i was talking about.

There is only a select few that make that fourm, and i am pretty sure they are members here...
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

There is a 3rd gen member that can mod the edition. He loves head work...??
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle

we just have to add the section and add the basic headers for the sections, once second gen owners learn there is a part on the site for them that is serious about the cars, they will show up. A lot of those guys are serious about the car and autocrossing it

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

We Need This!

I have worked on both 2G Ludes and 3G Accords, They Share so much, and I can't believe how much our traffic has gone down...
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    2012 Civic si, old bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest89sei View Post
    We Need This!

I have worked on both 2G Ludes and 3G Accords, They Share so much, and I can't believe how much our traffic has gone down...
    Yes..the board definitely needs new life.

Vehicle
    82 Honda Accord B20A, 76 Honda XL 175, 04 Honda Foreman ES, 83 Toyota shortbox 4x4

Looking at my own car, I can't help but chuckle and think about how it represents this idea. A mishmash of 2nd and 3rd gen Accord parts, with some 2nd gen Prelude stuff pivotal to the mix. As we're getting more few and far between, we might as well combine and conquer, or whatever that stupid commercial says..
    ICHIBAN!
    "Now, even more better!"

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Did the Prelude guys all fly the coop?
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW