Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 88lxi-shortram's 88 lXI

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Re: 88lxi-shortram's 88 lXI

The ac compressor doesn't use coolant ....LOL
    But the wires that go to it are close to the radiator on the drivers side.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

i deleted my ac so the wires are uneeded. im going to post that diagram im looking at in a minute so wait for it
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    88 lxi

ok i got down to doing my coolant stuff today. i got most of it figured out but i cant figure out where one hose goes. it comes from the port farthest to the drivers side. i think it goes into the IACV but im not quite sure. i just want someone elses opinion before i hook everything wrong and cause damage. so any input guys?
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

bump since theres like a billion people on now?
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

if anyones got an answer on that plz post... anyways another question: im adding fluids next week and need an opinion on ATF. i know honda ATF is always reccomended but i honestly cant afford it right now. and my car will get swapped to a 5 speed before the year end so i guess my question is, will something like walmart ATF work until i decide to do my swap? i think it will but i just want some input on it
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

O and I need to know if there is a plug that's goes to that AC can that is located on the drivers side. I have a plug just hanging there and idk what it's for
    88 lxi:

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 88lxi-shortram View Post
    will something like walmart ATF work until i decide to do my swap?
    If you plan on selling a crap transmission right after you swap, yes. Otherwise, no.

O and I need to know if there is a plug that's goes to that AC can that is located on the drivers side. I have a plug just hanging there and idk what it's for
    Picture?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

ok i got down to doing my coolant stuff today. i got most of it figured out but i cant figure out where one hose goes. it comes from the port farthest to the drivers side. i think it goes into the IACV but im not quite sure. i just want someone elses opinion before i hook everything wrong and cause damage. so any input guys?
    I'm not understanding your problem. If you fill the car with coolant, the hose will go where the coolant is leaking out, right?
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    88 lxi

the problem is idk where that hose goes. in my opinion it seems to go onto the IACV. its the only coolant port on that side of the coolant pipe and i have the drivers side port of the IACV unhosed. i dont want to damage the IACV by doing it wrong so i just need to know if thats where that hose goes or if ive messed up somewhere. and ill try to start posting pics soon. i just got a new labtop and my moms been hoarding away my camera so ive got to get that then pics will start to be posted and these questions will be easier to answer.
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

well i dont have any updated pics of the car yet but... here my valve cover that i just finished painting and sanding....

88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

ok well axles are going in today and my teacher told me i should replace the seals before i do so. idk if i should b/c they didnt leak before i removed them so i think theyre fine. but does anyone else think i should just replace them right now?
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

seals on the transmission?

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    88 lxi

the seals that go b/w the axles and the gearbox...
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

If they didn't leak before and you're on a tight budget then I wouldn't worry about it..

Then again, it'll be more expensive to replace them down the line if they start leaking.
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Yea i replaced them today... Axles are going in Monday along with the ATF and then I'll try to crank it.
    Last edited by 88lxi-shortram; 03-11-2011 at 05:32 PM.
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

lol about those axles.... i didnt take them out so idk how to put them back... i cant get them to squeeze through the damper fork so should i remove it?
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

lol about those axles.... i didnt take them out so idk how to put them back... i cant get them to squeeze through the damper fork so should i remove it?
    yeah you are going to have to drop the lower control arm

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

you don't drop the lower control arm. you can either separate the inner cv joint and get it past like that, or you can remove the fork (probably the best thing to do)

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Ok I'll just remove the fork. I didn't want to do that because I feel like it'll throw my alignment off but I don't mind because that means after I'm done I get learn how to do an alignment...
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Ok now that forums back up here's a huge update!!! It's running !!!!
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

so i recently found out i need a new radiator due to an internal crack. or at least thats what my teachers says. i do agree with him but heres the " symtpoms" so you guys can think about it.

i opened the cap to check water level and saw that it was pink.... i took a "sample" and it felt like ATF. i know the radiator has a trans cooler built into it but im not sure if they are supposed to mix together. i would suspect not because water wouldnt be good for the trans.

ill be draining the rest of my 25 dollar honda ATF today to ensure that theres no water floating around on my trans internals.
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Yay for running!!!!

Boo for pink coolant. It does sound like a crack in the radiator. You could replace the radiator, but we all know the real solution to your problem is an MT swap. LOL. Seriously though, don't buy a cheapy radiator. It will be much more likely to fail and if it fails in the right way, you can end up rebuilding an engine. It's not worth the risk if you're asking me. I'll buy all kinds of things from the junkyard, but radiators, hoses, belts, starters or alternators are not among them.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    88 lxi

yea i was going to buy one off ebay for 70 bucks.... o and also, today i hit pull a part and saw a clean ass coupe... just scavenging through it while my friend helped some lady and i found a minty factory manual, warranty book, front bra accesory brochure and the sleeve it came in... and the best part i got it for free
    Last edited by 88lxi-shortram; 03-23-2011 at 05:54 PM.
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    88 lxi

i just realized yesterday while i was workin with my headlights waiting for a lift that one headlamp doesnt work.... my motors where still going apeshit so i finally got tired of trying to diagnose them and unpluged the motor so they stay up. this is just temporary though dont worry. so i may end up getting a set of HIDs when the rest of my money comes in... and i get a new battery. but hopefully today ill have the car on the lift to inspect for the leaks that have sprung up... i have 3 leaks i need to look into, 2 of them i think i can fix with clamps or maybe a new hose but one is a very slow leak from the pan (i believe) and its not making a huge leak so if it is ill leave it for now. i just need my car on the road and getting me to work and back. also if i have time ill be hooking up a timing light to make srue im not off by too much. hopefully ill snap some pics and able to document this a little better.

and for those of you who didnt follow it there is alot of status updates and progress in the technical thread....https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75586.. it got off the topic of the start which has almost been fixed and more onto the status so i brought this back to life.
    Last edited by 88lxi-shortram; 05-05-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    88 lxi: