Thread: Bike carbs

DX User

Bike carbs

i have an 89 dx sedan basically stock except for a weber 32/36 carb, i want to run a quad bike carb setup on it but im not sure what else, if anything, i would have to do.

Input please....

DX User

Re: Bike carbs

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Carbs are fairly easy. You need to get a manifold built (or rigged, whatever), get fuel lines hooked up, throttle cable bracket made and the cable matched with the right cam, a set of air filters, and a good tune. I feel you can do this for less than $300 if you can get the carbs at a decent price. $50 sets aren't uncommon.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord DX hatchback

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
    Carbs are fairly easy. You need to get a manifold built (or rigged, whatever), get fuel lines hooked up, throttle cable bracket made and the cable matched with the right cam, a set of air filters, and a good tune. I feel you can do this for less than $300 if you can get the carbs at a decent price. $50 sets aren't uncommon.
    Yep. I spent way less than $300 on my setup. Probably close to $200 total for everything. Although the fact that I made my own manifold is where I probably saved the most money.

I'm perfectly willing to make manifolds for anyone on the forum that wants one. I'd have to do it out of steel since I don't have access to a TIG welder. There's a couple other guys on here that have far better welding skills than I that could also probably do the job. Hopefully they'll chime in, since I can't remember who all does that sort of thing atm.
    Lostforawhile:we have to pick on him he's CAH he spray painted himself into this corner with the accord.