Re: Post pic of your prelude

zoldrin

A work in progress...

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

SEi User

Wheres that manifold from looks different to the usual ones that have been made?
    Hmmm just love webers the sound is just awesome at full chat! Have you done anything else to this engine other than just webers?

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

RIch, its me... Ryan aka kyryeguy from PP! damn your silly...

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

SEi User

Lol I know I just can't remember if you done anything to the weber engine? You got so many cars your nearly as bad as me!! lol!! Although I'm getting shot of one soon so my family of cars will be down to 5! lol! 4 of which are ludes!

SEi User

Ok here you go I suppose I might as well Whore this thread up as well!! Just in case any 3Geezers need some inspriation with their engines!! lol!!

A18/A20 combo with Dual DCOE 45's modded naturally!

A20 stock bore size 9.4:1 CR pistons custom mani with Dual DCOE 45's again!

Not much inside as you can see weighs in at 900kg's dead on with fuel and water onboard but as you can see still some room for more stuff to come out and all the stock and additional sound deadening still in place! naughty me!

No point having 200 ponies and not being able to stop!! Custom 300mm disks 4 pot calipers under 15" wheels tight squeeze as you can see!!

This was my quickest run 14.5 with a oily clutch and street tyres still have stock diff wheel spin is a major issue, clutch is now sorted and Teg box no longer leaks with LSD and semi slicks should be well into the very low 14's if not high 13's

Can go round corners as well much to the annoyance of this porky pig behind me! lol!

Vogue shot! Back in the day when the paint used to stick to the panels! A couple of winters have really knackered the paint work need to pull her off the road and do some restoration work soon maybe end of this year after I've done some more track work but then again having a sleeper car that looks a bit rag eared is pretty cool!!

SEi User

Newest edition and definately the baby of my cars mint condition EX had only 30k miles when i bought it of some little old granny!

There really is nothing you can fault on this car apart from a few careless A holes who put a couple of door dings down the side of the doors.

Engine bay just as minty as the outside only mods are some rejetting on the carbs, modified air box, and custom stainless steel mandrel bent downpipe and 2" mandrel bent system, and pipercams 272 degree camshaft power is around 130bhp with 130lbft.

Inside as new although i have ditched the radio and speakers in favour of some much nicer units, I also changed the steering wheel and knob so I don't wear them out also look a little nicer with these Momo items!

SEi User

B20A SI being restored as had a few filled in rust holes that I came across after a few years of ownership, also undergoing suspension rebuild and possibly a highly modified engine!

Came with these alloys and rear spoiler as std in UK previous owner had stainless steel exhaust made although I've ditched this as it was badly made and in certain areas was only 1.5" after the bends had been crush bent! Did have a 2.25" exhaust and the power release was pretty scary! Having a proper one madeup for my Race car somepoint and then I'll use the old one on this!

Done a little bit of work here with custom CAI, repainted the valve cover, and some adjustable Accord F23 pulley's had to slightly mod them to fit nicely though by machining a bit of the inside of them.

Current stat is that I've pulled all the panels off and stripped them down now, filled any holes and removed any rust, and repainted in White and any bits that see water have been undersilled again.

It's getting there just need to finish off the rear of the car and possibly pull out the engine to give the bay a proper clean up!

Bit off topic but thankfully this old girl gets me around so i can still work on any of my ludes if they are all broken!!

AS usual nothing I have stays stock!! The old sooty mobile has a map, custom mandrel bent 2.5" straight through exhaust, EGR removal and enlarged intake body, with modified intake tubing, ram air ducts, air filter tweeked, strut braces, Eibach suspension with ARB's, M3 tension arms, M3 wishbones, Hartge alloys with slightly stretched 225/45/17 Vredestein tryes. It's good for around 220bhp with 320lbft of torque blows away easily a Focus ST and is a match for a Golf R32 in a straight line then round the bends and braking soon loose most things thanks to the suspension tweeks!

I do have an addition B20A SI which Is in a real state but going to be using it for a special race event in September this year I'll post some stuff on that as it happens!!

zoldrin

Rich, my god, I forgot how amazing your red car is! (It's up their with XgravismorsX' lude from PP.) That thing is immaculate! Nothing like my beaten red 'lude.

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by rjudgey View Post

Can go round corners as well much to the annoyance of this porky pig behind me! lol!

@ porky pig
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

SEi User

I would say that the red lude is probably one of the best left in the world period except for maybe Honda's own museum piece, there isn't any rust on the underneath at all, just couple of spots I've touched in on the back of the screen which one day I'll get repainted properly but they are so small you can't see them anyway. Rest of it is as new with even the protective coating still on the switches on the dash even the rear still had the plastic protective cover on it after 25 years!!

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude Si

Dude, you should make a thread about this car!!!
    It is very very well cared for!

SEi User

Thanks, now that the weather has gotten nicer here and I've been out in Red a couple of times this year hopefully get to take some nicer pics and enjoy driving again, although does need some suspension work and new brake pads and i need to look at the power steering rack as it's wondering around a bit. But nothing major to worry about still passed it's test for the year.

Vehicle
    3G Accord CA3

Thanks, now that the weather has gotten nicer here and I've been out in Red a couple of times this year hopefully get to take some nicer pics and enjoy driving again, although does need some suspension work and new brake pads and i need to look at the power steering rack as it's wondering around a bit. But nothing major to worry about still passed it's test for the year.
    Yeh I agree, new pics are needed !!!

I would love to see that dash mat how it fits in the dash

Your Red car is still my favorite !!!

My old build - 84 EDM Lude EX

Last edited by fmn716; 03-23-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si