Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Had a break in and got shot!

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi (sold) / b20a equipped 89 accord coupe sei(2.0Si replica) 08 CBR 600RR SPECIAL EDITION / Me and my wifes 02 Civic Coupe EX, she can drive like a mutha f**ka / 92 civic hatch vx(beast in the works)new DD 05 civic lx( has A/C YES!!!!)

Had a break in and got shot!

hey guys, its been a little while scince i have been on here. i was shot in the left thigh, left hip, and left hand back on december 13th. this asshole broke into my house while my wife and i were sleeping. once i realized what was happening i got my glock g19 (9mm compact) and waited in the hallway to see what he was going to do. he started to go through some drawers in the living room and then started to unplug my flat screen. i turned on the light, aimed my firearm and yelled at him to stay ware he was and get on the ground. i think he was fucked up on something crazy because he just turned around and pulled out a beretta 9mm and just held it down next to his side and just stared at me like i was a ghost. i yelled at him again to get down and at this point my wife was already on the phone with 911. then my wife yelled to me that the cops were responding and he raised his gun. i kept my aim but took a step back into the hallway to get some coverage and as i did so he fired. hit me in the thigh. i fired back and got him in his upper left leg and his side with the first 2 rounds. at this point i wanted him dead but in cali, even when fired apon, i have to aim for the waist down to not get some harrasment and a charge. he fell down and was sorta taking a knee so to speak. i started to yell even louder to just calm the f down and lay down. he started to get up and i was all hopped up on adrenalin and didnt want him to move. then he just stood up and tried to make a run for it out the back door. the problem is that he came in through the front window. the back door was locked and had an electrical grade schedual 40 grey pvc pipe on the lower track and it wouldnt open. he paniced and fired 4 more rounds. the second hit was in my hip. as i was starting to lean to the side to sqat and touch my side the 3rd hit was in my hand. the other 2 went through the hallway wall and exited in my geust bathroom shattering the mirror. it happend in about 2 seconds. i fired back 3 times and didnt miss. it was the worst night of my life. that fuck survived but will live like hell for what he did. he lost his right leg because 2 rounds went through his right knee and the 3rd hit him in the stomach. he was charged with armed robbery, attemped murder, assault with a deadly weapon, aggrivated assault, tresspassing, under the influence of a narcotic, and possesion of a stolen firearm. he got 65 years without paroll. i had to have bone taking from my right hip and grafted into my hand because the round went through my third long bone metacarpal. ( THE RING FINGER BONE IN THE PALM) they took a nerve from my left calf to replace what was destroyed, and a spare tendon from my left forearm to make my wrist work somewhat. to top it all off, after 3 years of being unemployed, i had recently got a job at the home depot at there new RDC (rapid deployment center) a super efficient distribution center, on november 1st. had training up to december 10th. got promoted twice within that time and was in charge of a 12 million dollar conveyor system which was the heart of the plant essentially. had opening day on the 13th of december.... that night is when all this happened. didnt work long enough for FMLA or med leave of abscence. i was granted leave but its no pay. i plan to return on march 5th. i will be behind but i plan to get back to ware i was and prove to them that i was given that position the first time for a reason. it all kinda sucks but i am just glad i'm not dead, and that my shooting range sessions paid off! sorry for the long ass post but it totally helps with my ptsd to just sit and go through that night via my key board and move on.

i have a small chance of ever riding my bike again because i cant squeeze or make a fist with my clutch hand but that and keeping my moble automotive repair buisness alive just makes me that much more eager to keep up with therapy and prove them wrong.

i have new pics of the coupe, my hand, hip, and thigh, and alot of new ?'s now so look out for my posts.

peace out!
    3gmodifier(aka)JDM WHORE!

"IF YOUR CAR HAS A PROBLEM, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM"

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi (sold) / b20a equipped 89 accord coupe sei(2.0Si replica) 08 CBR 600RR SPECIAL EDITION / Me and my wifes 02 Civic Coupe EX, she can drive like a mutha f**ka / 92 civic hatch vx(beast in the works)new DD 05 civic lx( has A/C YES!!!!)

Re: Had a break in and got shot!

oh almost forgot. i have a permanent pin 3 1/64 inch long, a special wire for support, and super long lasting slow disovling internal stiches. and there was a secong pin 2 7/8 inches long through my knuckels for 6 weeks that was takin out like 3 weeks ago.

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

OH FUCK ME SIDEWAYS MAN!!!
    at least you and the missus are still here and the wanker wont see freedom again.
    he's prob someones bitch by now at least.
    shame bout your clutch hand.
    a new vfr1200 with the dsg sounds like a plan
    be good and hope your recovery goes well and is a fairly full one

DX User

Holy fuckin shit man, I don't know what to tell you. It's a good thing you made it through all this, and that your wife wasn't physically harmed. I'm new here so I don't really know you but I hope you keep getting better.

Vehicle
    SE-i Sedan 5 spd

Wow...the nightmare arrives. Glad you made it through. I find a guy in my house at night, if he so much as twitches he's toast. here in CT there's none of this shoot below the waist stuff.

Vehicle
    SE-i Sedan 5 spd

Wow...the nightmare arrives. Glad you made it through. I find a guy in my house at night, if he so much as twitches he's toast. here in CT there's none of this shoot below the waist stuff.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

wow that really suks man. i had a friend get shot last year through his back and exited his front. but the bullet missed any vital organs but 1.8" says the doctor. but he lived through so much shit.... but here theres no laws like bloew the waist so ill tell you the short story: that guy didnt make it out of my friends front door. so theres at least two more major criminals off the street. hope you heal fast man and follow that therapy to the fullest and youll do it man!! just have hope
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    87 Hatch

Holy fuck. I mean that is just crazy.

I'm glad you're alive to tell the tale, I hope thing's work out for you.
    Andrew.

My hatch build thread(started in winter of 07).

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Im glad youre alive, im sorry this had to happen to anybody.

if, and but, what if... too late for those

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

Good shooting my friend. Sorry this guy pretty much fucked up your life, but glad you still have yours. Time to move to Texas/Oklahoma, I'm not wasting my time shooting below the waist.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle

By the way, hows your wife coping? Cant imagine what it was like for her to not even be in the room. Glad you guys have each other.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage

Vehicle

thank you all for the support. trust me, i was one shot away from aiming between his eyes. my wife is doing good now. she has been so supportive with my recovery. i had a few break downs in the begining when i first got my cast off and realized my hand didnt work but its getting better every day. i actually got back from therapy 10 min before this post. did some new excercises and made some more improvement. the future looks promising.

i observe my californian right for open carry but texas has always interested me. with open carry here u can legally carry ur sidearm but it cannot be loaded. u have to have the magazine seperate. kinda dumb, i can insert it and chamber a round in about 2 seconds. at least in other states u can carry loaded.

i will try to get some pics of my hand x-ray up. its pretty knarly.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Holy shit man! I'm glad that you're recovering well, and that guy is behind bars. I hope he rots in there, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Makes me really think more about being prepared. I'm glad as hell that you were.

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Quote Originally Posted by 3gmodifier View Post
    thank you all for the support. trust me, i was one shot away from aiming between his eyes. my wife is doing good now. she has been so supportive with my recovery. i had a few break downs in the begining when i first got my cast off and realized my hand didnt work but its getting better every day. i actually got back from therapy 10 min before this post. did some new excercises and made some more improvement. the future looks promising.

i observe my californian right for open carry but texas has always interested me. with open carry here u can legally carry ur sidearm but it cannot be loaded. u have to have the magazine seperate. kinda dumb, i can insert it and chamber a round in about 2 seconds. at least in other states u can carry loaded.

i will try to get some pics of my hand x-ray up. its pretty knarly.
    ya ive been looking into open carry myself its seems to be a big thing here in the sf areas.

but im glad your ok and you will live to drive another 3g

as far ass the bike goes. automatic isn't a bad idea lol

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    Holy shit man! I'm glad that you're recovering well, and that guy is behind bars. I hope he rots in there, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Makes me really think more about being prepared. I'm glad as hell that you were.
    Nothing to think about really. Be prepared, there are some nut jobs out there.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

WTF. O man I'm just glad your oright. Thats crazy. Idk what the law is here in wa but you just gave me a reason to buy me a gloc40.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle

rendon, my dad has a glock .40 and its nice but my most recent purchase was a springfield XD .40 this is an excellent firearm. they are used along side the glock by law enforcement. it has 3 awesome saftey indicators. very safe to handle. check it out.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 3gmodifier View Post
    rendon, my dad has a glock .40 and its nice but my most recent purchase was a springfield XD .40 this is an excellent firearm. they are used along side the glock by law enforcement. it has 3 awesome saftey indicators. very safe to handle. check it out.
    I have an XD9. My only regret is i didnt buy a .45

The XD(m) series is just as, if not better than, the XD series. Lookin' to get the misses a Kel-tec PF9 for her to carry.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage

Vehicle
    88 lxi

We have a desert eagle 44 magnum at my house so we feel safe
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 88lxi-shortram View Post
    We have a desert eagle 44 magnum at my house so we feel safe
    You shouldn't. Feel comfortable shooting that thing at 5-10 yards? Especially under stress. Sure, if you hit them, they're probably going down. The problem is that "if".
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage

Vehicle
    72 145s my dad has the million k 87 lx

owtch man owtch push through that theripy and look into getting masages as time goes to help with muscle tension glad you ok

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

Wow dude thats some scary shit right there! Glad you and your wife are ok! Get better soon Bro.

and that mofo should of gotten life in prison!

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

glad to hear you're ok, take care of yourself and your family

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord LXi, Coupe & Sedan

Sorry to hear about the shooting, damn glad you are here to tell the tale of your encounter.

Right to carry is what saved your wife and you, since he was carrying he intended to harm someone.
    Phil

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by nswst8 View Post
    Sorry to hear about the shooting, damn glad you are here to tell the tale of your encounter.

Right to carry is what saved your wife and you, since he was carrying he intended to harm someone.
    yup. i agree with you on that one.