Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: weird noise

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Re: weird noise

Quote Originally Posted by -$MOKIN- View Post
    damn razr sorry about all your luck man ...She will come back to life..Keep us updated..

Did you just put it back together and drive it there?
    yeah its ok my baby will be back soon i did put it back together and it drove fine there i just dont want to drive it have it fail on me and be stranded on the side of the road

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Quote Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
    yeah its ok my baby will be back soon i did put it back together and it drove fine there i just dont want to drive it have it fail on me and be stranded on the side of the road
    Well bro i hope its the alternator after all ya know ...Damn man.. What did ya tell the guy at the shop ?

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Well bro i hope its the alternator after all ya know ...Damn man.. What did ya tell the guy at the shop ?
    yeah me too lol

i told him there was screeching noise occasionaly and losing power wont idle i think its the alternator

so he will prolly replace the alternator and i asked him to replace the accesory belts to while he is in there

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

cool...well thats good ...and it sucks the damn thing was rusted so freaking bad ya know ..But at least it will be done and she will live on.. Nothing worse than a tow bill and being stranded somewhere. So you did the right thing by finding out what the problem is before it got worse

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

cool...well thats good ...and it sucks the damn thing was rusted so freaking bad ya know ..But at least it will be done and she will live on.. Nothing worse than a tow bill and being stranded somewhere. So you did the right thing by finding out what the problem is before it got worse
    yeah it does my baby will be back on the road soon ohh yeah i forgot to say that when i took it to the mechanic when i took it over 3500-4000 rpm i could hear a grinding so it is geeting worse but it did make it there lol

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Any word back yet? Did u call him?

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Any word back yet? Did u call him?
    Nope I dropped it off today and he won't be Able to look at it untill tomorrow so I think he will call tomorrow afternoon prolly

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    You always have the nuclear option. Get an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Cut the bolt out. Then replace the alternator and bracket.
    Hahaha i would kilt it with a 5 pnd sledge from the side and replaced what ever i broke .. with this one...LOL
    Look at it...

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/dsc0031ek.jpg/

Hahaha that brackets toast . . lol

RAZR ...
    You might wanna do a complete walk around thew your engine and check all of your grounds ...You have alot of condensation in there bro..Grab a wire brush and hit a couple little rust spots around with it. Spots that look like that and then afterward shoot it with some wd40.

What happened ?

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Hahaha i would kilt it with a 5 pnd sledge from the side and replaced what ever i broke .. with this one...LOL
    Look at it...

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/dsc0031ek.jpg/

Hahaha that brackets toast . . lol

RAZR ...
    You might wanna do a complete walk around thew your engine and check all of your grounds ...You have alot of condensation in there bro..Grab a wire brush and hit a couple little rust spots around with it. Spots that look like that and then afterward shoot it with some wd40.

What happened ?
    what woud doing that accomplish?!?

ok i just got the car back the alternator is fine what it was is the ac compressor is what was grinding and the guy said that it gunna seize up soon so he just removed the belt off it and it fine but he also replace all the belts and both cv axle cause they were terrible. so ending bill $580

Vehicle
    1989 HONDA ACCORD LXI

To get the rust out...

I feel to blame on this one Razr.. I think he sorta got ya for just axles. But hey now you know its going to run ....And if ya gotta take it to someone to get er done ya gotta do what ya gotta do. bUT think of the good ...=Wheels .

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

To get the rust out...

I feel to blame on this one Razr.. I think he sorta got ya for just axles. But hey now you know its going to run ....And if ya gotta take it to someone to get er done ya gotta do what ya gotta do. bUT think of the good ...=Wheels .
    what do u feel to blame on ur self?

but he also replaced both axles fixxed my idle issue and replaced all the belts accesory belts so it not to bad but still expensive

actually he didnt really get me cause the bottom knuckle bolt is fused to the knuckle so he had to disasemble the axle but it in and reassemble the axles were 78 a piece. it prolly would have been cheaper if i had gotten the parts but the only thing that i have let is the brakes and then i will hopefully be maintence free for a awhile. and yeah WHEELS!

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

To get the rust out...

ohh yeah and thanks for all the help

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

but now the car will do a shake when its under load but it wont do it in first gear but all other gears it does but when i push the clutch in it stop should i be worried???

but now the car will do a shake when its under load but it wont do it in first gear but all other gears it does but when i push the clutch in it stop should i be worried???
    if it only started after he replaced the axles i would take it back to the mechanic. be sure to be really nice to him and ask him to take it for a test drive and look it over. explain to him that none of this happened before you had the work done. if you outright acuse him its likely he'll be an *sshole and it won't get you anywhere. if he tries selling you more crap find another mechanic, and get a second opinion. i'm glad you got the other stuff fixed by the way
    Last edited by 1813mdw; 03-09-2011 at 07:26 PM. Reason: n

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by 1813mdw View Post
    if it only started after he replaced the axles i would take it back to the mechanic. be sure to be really nice to him and ask him to take it for a test drive and look it over. explain to him that none of this happened before you had the work done. if you outright acuse him its likely he'll be an *sshole and it won't get you anywhere. if he tries selling you more crap find another mechanic, and get a second opinion. i'm glad you got the other stuff fixed by the way

Yeah it did happen after he put the axles in
    And he is a trust worthy mechanic

well then it sounds like you shouldn't have much trouble gettin him to take care of it. i'm not sure what it could be, but the axles are directly connected to your tranny. i wouldn't be driving it until he looks at it; you don't want to tear something up due to a possible improper install. on an unrelated note, are you planning on stock replacement brakes or do you think you'll be upgrading?

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by 1813mdw View Post
    well then it sounds like you shouldn't have much trouble gettin him to take care of it. i'm not sure what it could be, but the axles are directly connected to your tranny. i wouldn't be driving it until he looks at it; you don't want to tear something up due to a possible improper install. on an unrelated note, are you planning on stock replacement brakes or do you think you'll be upgrading?
    I'm planning on vetting brembo blanks for my rotors and I haven't decided what pads I want. Any suggestions on pads??
    Y do u ask what kind of brakes I want???
    (I'm just curious)

I'm planning on vetting brembo blanks for my rotors and I haven't decided what pads I want. Any suggestions on pads??
    Y do u ask what kind of brakes I want???
    (I'm just curious)
    mine need to be replaced as well and i haven't decided which route to take, thats all. i will prob just buy some cheapo pads and shoes until i can afford the rear disc swap and 11'' rotors up front(still doing my research on what caliper). i'm not sure what kind of options if any we'd have for pads, w/ using stock calipers

www.ebcbrakes.com has performance "greenstuff" pads listed for our cars. didn't see any prices but might be something worth looking into for ya
    Last edited by 1813mdw; 03-10-2011 at 12:41 PM. Reason: found something

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by kidashley25 View Post
    EBC would be good but it depends on you whatever you like to do with your car... or ask some guide on whats the best pads to have, since your in Illinois ask some of the best mechanic in some Illinois auto repair shops...
    I actually wound up not getting brembo blanks because they do not get very good reviews. I got Napa rotors and the best pads they had. I would have gotten ebc pads. Put they were a special order and they would take 8 - 10 weeks for delivery so I decided just to go with Napa.