Thread: just a question...i might sound dumb so sorrrrry

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord Lx Sedan

just a question...i might sound dumb so sorrrrry

hey guys. i know i want to get a new intake for my 89 lx sedan. and defly a new muffler. now, ive heard that those will boost the performance a bit. i want to get a k&n (of course) and i found the muffler i want, just cant find the paper i wrote the number down on... anyway, would those boost the horsepower exaclty? and itl affect the mpgs too right? again, i know i might sound dumb, and sorry. lol. i just want to learn about my car inside and out and get better at this stuff. thanks guys!

DX User
    Vehicle
    89 accord DX

Re: just a question...i might sound dumb so sorrrrry

all of that has been discussed quite a bit, but its been reported by a few individuals on the site that i've seen, saying they have lost MPG's with the K&N

it's also said to be fairly bad for the engine in the long run. upto you though

the best place you will get gains is header, exhaust, intake, from there you gotta put some cash into it

a muffler wont really help you too much until you open up your exhaust first
    Last edited by anubis_4_99; 04-16-2011 at 05:32 PM.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 Accord Lx Sedan

Re: just a question...i might sound dumb so sorrrrry

Quote Originally Posted by anubis_4_99 View Post
    all of that has been discussed quite a bit, but its been reported by a few individuals on the site that i've seen, saying they have lost MPG's with the K&N

it's also said to be fairly bad for the engine in the long run. upto you though

the best place you will get gains is header, exhaust, intake, from there you gotta put some cash into it

a muffler wont really help you too much until you open up your exhaust first
    yeah ive seen it be discussed a bit too. thanks for tellin me that! helped a lot