15 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "JohnDriver -1987 accord stretch limo - Project In Motion"

Vehicle
    1987 accord stretch limo

Re: "JohnDriver -1987 accord stretch limo - Project In Motion"

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    I say you go FI and do a turbo setup, there is a ton of info on it here and you can make good power, another option in this case, is maby do a D series with the jackson racing supercharger kit, this will cut the weight of the engine and provide torque all across the power band which you desperately need, normally i'm not a fan of putting the smaller engine in this car, but with that setup you have the option of lots of torque
    I have been tossing ideas around since day one.and Im a huge fan of turbos.also I believe the turbo lag might prevent some of the clutch slip and keep the axles in one piece,but the sheer mass of this ride.
    i have also thought V6? im still a little dumb when it comes to the underhood antics.V8,im your man.I gotta learn the honda lingo for what the engines are,also the various bellhousing bolt pattern.
    how many are there for honda/ acura. and what years/models?
    THANKS guys for inspiring me.lol
    1987 accord lx stretch,68/70 bradley gt,69/82 checker, 76/79 LUV,hey I need another accord..lol

Vehicle
    1987 accord stretch limo

1987 accord lx stretch,68/70 bradley gt,69/82 checker, 76/79 LUV,hey I need another accord..lol

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Sedan Dx

3geez Limo!! Wat!... i voted go mad man.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

better call the pimp my ride crew lol

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

sucks that its carb. but needs alot of work.

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

[QUOTE=lostforawhile;1065032]better call the pimp my ride crew lol/QUOTE]

Lost sometimes you fail and this is fail -___- always gotta picture of something else dont you.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Do you know what kind of mileage it gets right now? I can't imagine it's very good.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

probably 2 miles per the gallon?

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBoyCA6 View Post
    probably 2 miles per the gallon?
    it has to get better then that, my Lincoln weighs well over 2 tons and it gets 15 MPG, thats with a 5.0

Vehicle
    1987 accord stretch limo

you guys probably wont believe me but,last time I remember writing the mileage on the receipt and rechecking it,next fillup...... 32mpg
    I think its the 5spd. but i do mostly hwy driving:70 miles round trip to work
    and some local driving(it was my sole mode of transportation for 2 years)
    and I drive like an old man,
    in fact I get old men tellin me to get the hell outta their way,im so slow.lmfao
    you gotta understand this thing is in the weeds.low,low.low you step off the curb and its a step down.lol so to preserve tires/undercarrage im very aware of road condition and I just dont get in a hurry.
    but as a bonus when I hit my blinker people ALWAYS let ME in.lol

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

it has to get better then that, my Lincoln weighs well over 2 tons and it gets 15 MPG, thats with a 5.0
    yeah but does your lincoln have 55" rims? lol

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

John i was referring to the monster Lost posted lol but idk about snooz though.

Vehicle

just do a nice job on it, as it's a very rare car, when you get around to the interior check the yard for late model Mercedes,Cadillac, and Lincoln interior bits, they always look nice and are often used in new limo's, so they have the right look, to effectively move that car, you are going to probably need at least 200 horsepower, think twice the weight twice the power
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 05-01-2011 at 12:49 PM.

Vehicle
    1987 accord stretch limo

just do a nice job on it, as it's a very rare car, when you get around to the interior check the yard for late model Mercedes,Cadillac, and Lincoln interior bits, they always look nice and are often used in new limo's, so they have the right look, to effectively move that car, you are going to probably need at least 200 horsepower, think twice the weight twice the power
    im sure the power could be had,the prob is gonna be getting it to the ground(without constantly breaking stuff) it had axles shortly before I got it,now its clicking on the pass side. any suggestions for some "toughguy" axles?

my plan for the interior is: I pulled the turnaround seat.it was custom made(more sofa than sport) I replaced it with a second set of stock accord front seats,this allows for a console between the seats(COOLER/CD/DVD CUP HOLDERS ECT)besides 3 across seating?ina honda? so now a max of 5 in the rear or 4 in comfort(the back seat has that handy armrest) and I wont have to worry bout someones head hitting the flip down screen.
    besides with the front"turnaround"seats on the factory tracks,you can sit upright ot slide the tracks all forward and recline the seats to snooze(hello first class.lol)
    the look Im shooting for is"fast/furious" things like carbon fiber aluminum diamondplate,ect and of course leather,but I did find carbon fiber"look" vinyl
    im going for subtle yet racy (sorry if that came off gay)
    on the exterior im using carbon look vinyl for the center of the roof (all limos have a vinyl roof for a reason,look at the bondo peeling off the roof in the pics,its not poor workmanship,the car flexes so much there is no way to keep it together,hence the roof covering.and I found carbon black fiberglass(not carbon fiber,but it looks the same and lays the same,but at 1/4 the cost) im going to make trim pieces for the fr/rear doors and the center window surrounds. also im seeking carbon fiber hood/decklid(if you guys know a source???)so the car has a fully carbon fiber "skunk stripe" so that leaves the paint selection to dark colors
    (and no fu@kin PINK,one more person tells me to paint it pink )
    so I thought gunmetal gray? black is too funeral,white is for weddings(I HATE,HATE the white) any other color just says I have more money than you,believe me as a chauffeur .I see what is fleet cars and the uber rich bozo with his own stretch car. also dark blue/navy or burgundy it does have burgundy interior(again I HATE,HATE the burgandy int.) I want to find the two tone tan/charcoal int,I absoutely LOVE the two tone int,classy refined,looks like something from bmw.lol

Vehicle
    1987 accord stretch limo

Vehicle

you ought to look into a set of the split bench seats like I have in the 90 Lincoln, very comfy and they have full power adjustment, I have the velour not the leather, looks great, and most of the leather interiors look shot out by now, they are very limo like

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDriver View Post
    im sure the power could be had,the prob is gonna be getting it to the ground(without constantly breaking stuff) it had axles shortly before I got it,now its clicking on the pass side. any suggestions for some "toughguy" axles?

my plan for the interior is: I pulled the turnaround seat.it was custom made(more sofa than sport) I replaced it with a second set of stock accord front seats,this allows for a console between the seats(COOLER/CD/DVD CUP HOLDERS ECT)besides 3 across seating?ina honda? so now a max of 5 in the rear or 4 in comfort(the back seat has that handy armrest) and I wont have to worry bout someones head hitting the flip down screen.
    besides with the front"turnaround"seats on the factory tracks,you can sit upright ot slide the tracks all forward and recline the seats to snooze(hello first class.lol)
    the look Im shooting for is"fast/furious" things like carbon fiber aluminum diamondplate,ect and of course leather,but I did find carbon fiber"look" vinyl
    im going for subtle yet racy (sorry if that came off gay)
    on the exterior im using carbon look vinyl for the center of the roof (all limos have a vinyl roof for a reason,look at the bondo peeling off the roof in the pics,its not poor workmanship,the car flexes so much there is no way to keep it together,hence the roof covering.and I found carbon black fiberglass(not carbon fiber,but it looks the same and lays the same,but at 1/4 the cost) im going to make trim pieces for the fr/rear doors and the center window surrounds. also im seeking carbon fiber hood/decklid(if you guys know a source???)so the car has a fully carbon fiber "skunk stripe" so that leaves the paint selection to dark colors
    (and no fu@kin PINK,one more person tells me to paint it pink )
    so I thought gunmetal gray? black is too funeral,white is for weddings(I HATE,HATE the white) any other color just says I have more money than you,believe me as a chauffeur .I see what is fleet cars and the uber rich bozo with his own stretch car. also dark blue/navy or burgundy it does have burgundy interior(again I HATE,HATE the burgandy int.) I want to find the two tone tan/charcoal int,I absoutely LOVE the two tone int,classy refined,looks like something from bmw.lol
    Sounds like you have your vision. Just gotta execute now. For your axles, I'd say try the EMPI axles from drivewire.com. The last set of axles I got clacked out of the box. They were Napa axles too, so they shouldn't have been junk but they were. The EMPIs are working really well for me though.

I think someone on here was trying to sell a CF hood. Not sure if that's still the case. If you watch eBay, they pop up from time to time.

You're right. I don't believe you get 32 mpg. If you do, then I'd say don't change a thing. It's unreal for a car that heavy to get such good mileage. Expect anything you change to halve that number. And let's face it, gas is only going to get more expensive as time goes on.

I'm totally looking forward to following your build.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

I definitely think you should go all out madman on this thing. It's already a limo, so it's pretty crazy as it is! Think about the awesome 3geez meets you could have with this thing. Show up at a meet and haul everybody down to a bar and such! What better way to 3geez party it up?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1983 Accord LX sedan

You're in Texas and have a limo it needs a set or horns on the hood

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i-1991 Toyota Pickup

No offense but its not all that low.
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

~~NGK~~Silvania~~MSD~~Pioneer~~MSW~~Bosch~~DC Sports~~
    115WHP 116WTQ

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

just curious JohnDriver, since you know the limos, how well do the other front wheel drive limos hold up. like the caddys and buicks etc.?
    I love this car, more now than a year ago. I like the new wheels, bet there lighter weight.
    I wonder if a wrap would work on that car. There is a nice carbon fiber wrap vinyl out now, heck even some with graphics of skulls and shtuff too.
    I think once you get a few dozen more horses under the hood it will be easier on clutches. This would keep from having to slip it so much to get it to pull off. LIke I mentioned before the least expensive way to get there would be a weber 38, header (loose the heavy cast manifold) and some light weight exhaust plumbing.
    Every 50-100 lbs you take out makes a huge difference, I know it has with every Honda Ive owned.
    As for theme I would look around at some tour buses for ideas rather than F and F. There are some wild looking designs out there now days.

Vehicle
    ???? ????? ???? ?? ???

Carbon Fiber Hood -> http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/...x00166513.html

The picture isn't correct though

This one has pics http://www.carbodykits.com/RACEONUSA...-2-4-Door.html
    2004-2011?

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

do it up to the extreme
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    1987 accord stretch limo

thinkin your pretty on the money,those are about the colors I thought too.