Thread: electrical wiring issue?

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord DX 4-dr weber carb automatic 1986 mercedes 300e 1997 GMC suburban

electrical wiring issue?

Good day all... I have a '86 accord dx, 4dr, automatic, with a weber carb converted approx. a year ago. Recently I pulled the engine and separated the transaxle to REPLACE the torque converter as the ring gear was damaged and destroying the teeth on my starters. I had taken many digital photos of the engine prior to pulling it so as to have access to the correct wiring upon reinstall. Well, my hard drive crashed and I had already deleted the photos from my memory card in my Nikon. So, here I am trying to see if my engine will run. I replaced the main seal at the same time while I was there as well as the transmission seal & o-ring as well as new engine mounts. So, back to the problem. I am not getting fuel even to the filter in the engine compartment much less past it. I checked to see if I had any volts going to the fuel sending unit and I do not. There are a couple wires the break out of the main wiring line from the fuse box to the alternator that I have searched for an explanation of where these should connect to. The main one is two black wires that break off the route of wires just below the distributor. There is a clip that appears to allow a bolt to run through it to secure it in place and there is also a simple ring at the end of the wire (where the two black wires meet and end) that also looks like it needs to be grounded or maybe even have power. There are two other places where connectors break from the main power line. Not sure that those were utilized after the weber install. If anyone knows what I am talking about - I would appreciate any help! Thank you all!

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: electrical wiring issue?

take some pictures and i'll tell you where they all go, i'm pretty sure but i would rather see them before i say anything

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: electrical wiring issue?