Thread: Cai

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord

Cai

Do i need to hook up the vacuum hose for the idle up valve and idle control solenoid valve that was hooked up to old air intake or can i cap them off and do i need to us the 2 hoses that go to the control box that was on old intake or can u cap them of what do i need hooked up to the cold air intake and do i need any parts for it.
    Last edited by Honda_like_it; 05-17-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Re: Cai

Depending what year your car is there are a set of 4 lines. One to the intake and one to the valve cover. And two lines which I believe are coolant lines. They are separated by a metal splitter. What you do is either run the line from the intake to that spliter and call it a day or just throw a mini filter on the valve cover and you'll be ok. And if you want to eliminate the splitter you can Simply buy some coolant hose and loop the two ports together and have a clean look to it
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord

Its a 89 accord lx-i ya i got a mini filter on the valve cover and i did new coolant hose just confused about the 4 vacuum lines that went to old intake system just need to know if i need to drill some holes and tap something into cold air intake to hook up the 4 vacuum lines or can i get rid of them all.
    Last edited by Honda_like_it; 05-17-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

4 vac lines? I know the 86-87 has these but I know my 88 didn't so I'm not sure. But if you find out what they go to an what they do I'm sure you could cap off a few
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Quote Originally Posted by 88lxi-shortram View Post
    4 vac lines? I know the 86-87 has these but I know my 88 didn't so I'm not sure. But if you find out what they go to an what they do I'm sure you could cap off a few
    the two hoses on the right of the air box are for the idle controler

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord

On right side 1 vacuum hose went from the idle solenoid then 1 hose came from the idle up valve they went into a little sq box that plugged into the old air intake.
    do i need this hoses hooked into the cold air intake. The other 2 hoses came from the control box 2 bottom ones coming out they went into the air intake.
    hose# 17 and 18 on diagram on car hood shows them going into old intake no clue what they do. I can take pics of them tomorrow to help.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

either you can port them into the cai or you can find a t splitter or something and hook them into the intake manifold with one of the other vaccum lines. as long as they dont interfere with each other theyll be fine
    88 lxi:

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord

yah thanks for the help i got 2 tees and put them together and plug it into peace pipe sticking out cai and hooked houses to it.