Thread: Question About My Crashed up 89 Accord LX-I Sedan

Vehicle
    1989/Honda/Accord SE-i FI 5speed Coupe

Question Question About My Crashed up 89 Accord LX-I Sedan

Okay here's the deal... I crahsed my 89 Accord LX-i, and only got into a front end collision, so picture this in your head and bare with me since I don't have a visiual pic of the car being wrecked posted in this thread... so n e wayz My front end got smashed in, the radiator got pushed up against the engine or manifold right up against it, the hood got a little bent up, the passenger and drivers side fenders got a little dented, and the whole flip light assemblt got banged up in the wreck. So I want an opinion on how much roughly it would cost to get it fixed and having the money come out of my own pocket since I didn't have full coverage and the insurence company ain't giving me jack shit for it, how much would u say an auto body shop would fix it for, just the body, and I'd put in the radiator in myself a new one and have them just fix the body? Give me an estimated guess on how much it would cost.... Thanks Guy's Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

Vehicle
    1989 Accord DX ... 2001 Accord LX
    I'd say a couple thousand.
    Good bye to the 1989 DX Type R. Hello 2001 LX.

DX:

"Four wheels, four doors, and no frills."

Banned
    It wont be cheap! It really depends on how bad you hurt the frame and things like that. If its strictly panels then its ok, but if its frame, ouch you have yourself a bill and a half.

Nate.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    the body shop asked me for $3000 bucks just to weld the front end with my choppng it off and giving to them. What did i say to them? Fuck that. those were my exact words. i was told this to his face. I am the one who is gonna supply the part to be welded. all u gotta do is chop it off and weld the new one in. and uwant 3000 bucks for that. YOU guys rob ppl. (This was a toyota body shop, nice time to trash those fuckers). I went out of the shop never to return. Now, my front is smashed in and guess what, i need the body to be rectified. what am i gonna do? Gonna go full custom. no more steel brace in the front. no more of that shit. every bent shit is gonna be welded with a box tube and retro fitted.

Lemme tell u this bro. I feel ur pain, but dont trash the car. DONT. find a friend or someone who would do it under 500 bucks or max of 1000 bucks. Its worth it than getting another used car and spend extra money on its repair. Good luck and god bless u bro. Cuase u need it, trust me u do. Sorry about that accident, and i feel ur pain and helplessness.

Vehicle
    White 1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    that's alotta money especially if you bent your frame. The rest of the shit isn't really expensive, things you can get in the junk yard like the flip lights, fenders, radiator, even the front bumper. But yeah it's gonna be a hell of lot cheaper to repair this car than to go pay car and insurance payments on a new car. Well that's the way I look at it anyways.
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i
    R.I.P. Died on 7/2/03......

Vehicle
    Yea true... I was thinking of making it a project car, fix it up, customise the shit out of it. now I just need people that's willing to help me with it. I dunno yet exactly, but it's in the mind right now weather or not I'm gonna fix her up. she's still sitting in my drive way, looking so helplessly at me saying, please oh please just repair me, and the more I think about it I wanna do it. So now I am driving an Oldsmobile Toronado, doesnt feel as right as driving the honda, the good thing about it is, it has every power option imaginable, it's strictly computer and digital, which I like about the car, but I still miss my honda more than n e thing. So I think Im gonna put her back 2gether again, it's all a matter of finding someone who is willing to help a 3gee er out ya know. I do know one person, but dunno if he's available to help me out yet, but I dunno what the deal is yet... But thanks guy's for all the input and your all welcome to give me more suggestions. Lataz
    I will alwayz drive my 3rd gen Accord, ya'll will neva c me driving a 4 door Ford.. lol

Vehicle
    89 EX-i, 88 Accord LX (parts car)
    Did you ask them how much $$$ just to pull the 2 bumper frames out? The rest you can do no problem. Once you have the frame out the rad cradle, bumper mounts etc...are pretty straight forward.

Vehicle
    87 Accord EX , 5spd , Manual
    what about another car ?

MIKE
    3geez member since October 4th 2001

Vehicle
    Dont have the money for it... I have financall issues 2 deal with right now, so I'd rather feel proud and restore my baby back again, but maybe someday.