Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is my birthday 10-05 "Konis Cake"

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Smile Today is my birthday 10-05 "Konis Cake"

Well, here is my birthday present to myself, some Konis cake!
    Can't waint to put these on, but I'm worried if they need to be shortened for 2 1/2" drop. These are adjustable too. I read through all the post, but no-one has metioned they shortened theres, just talked about it. Also, that little thermostat is "special gift". Man I'm getting old.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 10-05-2004 at 10:16 AM.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    i cant wait for my suprise too!

good present..have a great bday man.

Vehicle
    1989 LXi Coupe (SOLD), 1998 Accord EX
    Hey Thats a great bday present to yourself
    Thinking about getting a new 3g...

Vehicle
    88 Accord DX Coupe 43k miles. Turboed 92 civic hatchback.
    Very nice. Get pics when they're on.
    88 Accord DX. Custom Mercedes Benz Grey Paint. 16" RS Limited Rival gunmetal rims. Wrapped in Dunlop 205/45/16. MSD Ignition Box 6A. MSD Ignition Coil. NGK Wires. Custom intake w/civic air intake box.2.25 inch exhaust piping. Fireball muffer. Grounding kit.

DX User
    happy b day playa, enjoy the ride

Vehicle
    '13 Civic Si 4dr / 05 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5-Spd
    enjoy the Koni's....... top quality right there. Happy B day to ya also.
    Your 4MB signature image has been deleted.
    ^And I'm going to leave it that way.

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    Bucket
    today is my sis's bday too.

happy bday man.
    3geez for life.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1986 honda accord Lx
    happy birthday man.. enjoy your gift to yourself
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
    My car...
    www.cardomain.com/id/sxy86accord1

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    happy birthday man.

u dont really have to shorten them. just max out the rebound on them. THe instruction sheet has it and ur good to go.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by smufguy
    happy birthday man.

u dont really have to shorten them. just max out the rebound on them. THe instruction sheet has it and ur good to go.
    just a question smuf, does that shorten the life of the adjustable shock?

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX
    Just out of curiosity, where did you get the shocks from?

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Quote Originally Posted by Busted_Blue
    just a question smuf, does that shorten the life of the adjustable shock?
    nope. It does not. Thats why they are adjustable. Besides. Koni reds are not as good as the track built yellows (even tho we dont have those for our cars) but our koni red specials, are built to last and they are life time warenteed it u did not know. and i have not heard anything bad about them at all and with 25,000 miles on my car in 12 months and with a 2" drop, and going over countless pot holes, well, its still rides stiffer than my friend's STI. believe it or not, its the honest truth.

and the reason we max out the rebound, is that we dont bottom out with anything past 2" of lowering. I dont know why u wanna go 2.25" but be careful. I mean very careful when ur driving. I have hard time driving over man holes and little dips with my 2" drop.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Thumbs up Thanks for the happy birthdays

Thanks guys.

Smurfguy, are you sure about that? I was thinking the same thing as Busted Blue, that it would shorten the life.

Hash man, I bought them on here from a guy named Site.

My real birthday present is coming this weekend when I paint my car. I won't be able to put these struts on untill I get some Tokico blues for the back and possible prelude camber kit for 2 1/2" drop.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    nope. It does not. Thats why they are adjustable. Besides. Koni reds are not as good as the track built yellows (even tho we dont have those for our cars) but our koni red specials, are built to last and they are life time warenteed it u did not know. and i have not heard anything bad about them at all and with 25,000 miles on my car in 12 months and with a 2" drop, and going over countless pot holes, well, its still rides stiffer than my friend's STI. believe it or not, its the honest truth.

and the reason we max out the rebound, is that we dont bottom out with anything past 2" of lowering. I dont know why u wanna go 2.25" but be careful. I mean very careful when ur driving. I have hard time driving over man holes and little dips with my 2" drop.
    These stuts come with some b.s. instructions. Do you know how to max out the rebound? Which way do you turn them? I guess I can figure it out. Anyway, I didn't want to go below a 2" drop. I placed a bid on these freakin Spring Tech lowering springs and won them for like $5.00, blew my mind. So now I'm debating on lowering that low. There aren't to bad of roads here, but there are a few potholes. I'm scared of messing up some exhaust stuff and my "cherry" bomb exhaust pipe.
    Last edited by 88Accord-DX; 10-05-2004 at 10:00 PM.

Vehicle
    93 civic
    Quote Originally Posted by ddude2uc
    These stuts come with some b.s. instructions. Do you know how to max out the rebound? Which way do you turn them? I guess I can figure it out. Anyway, I didn't want to go below a 2" drop. I placed a bid on these freakin Spring Tech lowering springs and won them for like $5.00, blew my mind. So know I'm debating on lowering that low. There aren't to bad of roads here, but there are a few potholes. I'm scared of messing up some exhaust stuff and my "cherry" bomb exhaust pipe.

the instructions are also on the koni site.. =P

http://www.koni-na.com/comp.html

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    the instructions that came with the shox for me was perfect. Three sheets of paper on each shox. And my mechanic put em on for my 4g ( it has koni full suspension set) and mine was at the local performance shop. the reason u dont have to worry about the life of the shox is because they are adjustable. even tho general concept is that if u use something on the max performance, it will not last long. But in our case, the shox will outlive the car. trust me, i know if it ever craps out before you expected it ( unless u bought it used, then ur fucked) call koni and they will be more than happy to replace it.

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX
    the instructions that came with the shox for me was perfect. Three sheets of paper on each shox. And my mechanic put em on for my 4g ( it has koni full suspension set) and mine was at the local performance shop. the reason u dont have to worry about the life of the shox is because they are adjustable. even tho general concept is that if u use something on the max performance, it will not last long. But in our case, the shox will outlive the car. trust me, i know if it ever craps out before you expected it ( unless u bought it used, then ur fucked) call koni and they will be more than happy to replace it.
    Good deal, I have one last question. Will Koni ask for a receipt if I have any problems if they do blow or w/e? Because I bought them off of here. They didn't come with any receipt. (they are new out the box) Was wondering if there is going to be any technicality on that part regarding the warranty. Didn't know if they would try to pull some "Wal-Mart" B.S. "where is your reciept?"

Vehicle
    '95 Supra, '08 CBR 600RR, '89 LX-i Coupe (R.I.P.), '88 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.), '87 LX-i Sedan (R.I.P.)
    for the rear tokicos.., just found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...926166072&rd=1
    Greg

1989 LX-i 2dr 5spd (R.I.P.)

2008 CBR 600RR -- 1995 Toyota Supra NA -- 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x

2.0Si User
    Vehicle
    1988 Accord DX

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maka_RTH
    for the rear tokicos.., just found these on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...926166072&rd=1
    Cool beans man. Got me wondering why they're selling them. I placed them on my watch list. Think I will send a message to them and ask them why they are selling them. I hate to buy used stuff. Payed good money for deez Konis. Thanks Maka RTH !

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Quote Originally Posted by ddude2uc
    Good deal, I have one last question. Will Koni ask for a receipt if I have any problems if they do blow or w/e? Because I bought them off of here. They didn't come with any receipt. (they are new out the box) Was wondering if there is going to be any technicality on that part regarding the warranty. Didn't know if they would try to pull some "Wal-Mart" B.S. "where is your reciept?"
    nope. i dont think u need any reciept on stuff that has lifetime warrentee. But like i said, this shox will outlive our cars, period. Besides take a look at the stock shox, the lasted pretty much the whole life time. konis are built like a dream, they dont leak and neither does their valves go bad.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    05 Legacy GT 87/accord/lx (rip)
    That's a stiff price for 2 used shocks. I got 4 new ones off of here for $175 if I remember correctly - yeah that's a cheap price, but I don't think those used ones are worth the $100. [edit]: Now that I look at it closer, the starting price is $60, but then the shipping will bring it up to $87...
    Last edited by keruhas184; 10-06-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    Wow u got 4 new ones for 175 bux??? thats nuts. the cheapest for one single shox was about 105 bux. I was able to get mine for $450 for all brand new, and it was the last brand new set.

LXi User
    Vehicle
    05 Legacy GT 87/accord/lx (rip)
    Wow u got 4 new ones for 175 bux??? thats nuts. the cheapest for one single shox was about 105 bux. I was able to get mine for $450 for all brand new, and it was the last brand new set.
    I was talking about tokicos . Actually I'm trying to get a few front konis myself from the same guy who's selling tokicos. I hope nobody else wants them...
    Last edited by keruhas184; 10-06-2004 at 09:10 AM.

Vehicle
    10/Honda/Ridgeline
    hahahaa, u almost made me cry dude.