Thread: Fender got moved/adjusted? How to fix?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Lxi Hatchback

Fender got moved/adjusted? How to fix?

Earlier today I took my hatch into the normal local place I take it to for repairs/oil change/ etc. I took it in because I was noticing a creaking noise coming from the driver side wheel well. The mechanic who always works on my car pushed down hard on the driver-side fender and then lifted it up a few times to see if the noise would happen. It did create the noise, but my fender itself also creaked/clicked/shifted and somehow got unadjusted in the process. Now my driverside door hits the fender when I try to open it (at like 20 degrees it will start to hit, so there's now not enough room to get in the car thru that door w/out damaging anything), and I don't want to dent the fender or damage the paint by opening it now.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to adjust the fender back into it's correct place? I looked through the service manual, and removal/installation of the car's fenders seems to not be listed...

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

Re: Fender got moved/adjusted? How to fix?

take the car back to the place and talk to the owner or manager and tell them the story.
    when ever i check shocks, i will either pop the bonnet so i can push on the top of the strut, open the boot and push up and down near the latch or open a door and bounce up and down of the bottom of the door frame

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Hauntd ca3 View Post
    take the car back to the place and talk to the owner or manager and tell them the story.
    when ever i check shocks, i will either pop the bonnet so i can push on the top of the strut, open the boot and push up and down near the latch or open a door and bounce up and down of the bottom of the door frame
    Yeah, I plan on going back tomorrow morning when they open...

3Geez Veteran

The front ends of these cars are very touchy when it comes to aligning the fenders, hood, and headlight buckets. You can readjust everything yourself, but they might have tools to do it if you don't.

Vehicle

I was able to fix it myself this morning. I didn't see it yesterday, but in the better lighting this morning, I could see that there was a bent corner of metal right below the side molding piece on the backside of the fender that was sticking into the gap between the door and the fender. I just had to bend the metal piece slightly with a flat screwdriver and now the door opens again! Didn't even have to take the fender off. I wish all fixes were that easy, lol.