Thread: Weird jump on tach

1988starter

Weird jump on tach

Ok Here is the deal I have been having this weird thing happening with my car sometimes when i HIT 3000 the tach will jump from 3000 to 3100 and sometimes when I accelerate up hill I have the same problem and the car will stutter.

I have got new plugs a coil ignition box checked and recheck my gap changed my wires played with my timing new altertnator (helped a bit) and new fuel filter(helped a bit) Right now I have an ajustiable fuel regulator with a gauge attached to it so I can make sure I am getting the right pressure. Ialso have changed my cap and rotor any other sugestions I might try.

1988starter
    Another question does anybody know the correct fuel pressure I should set my regulator I think it is 35 PSI but I am not sure

SEi User
    Vehicle
    88 lxi coupe
    stock fuel pressure 33-39psi
    throw some fuel injector cleaners in there, see if that helps. Get expensive stuff like Gunk

1988starter
    Yea I have tryed that I will see whats up tonight my car goes in the shop for a tranny rebuild engine mount check rotate and balance and powersteering line replacement so I will see whats up.

Vehicle
    a 93 z34 that's getting parted out, an 86 accord lx that now lives in a j/y, and a 90 camry le that the state no longer allows me to drive. soon to be replaced with an aprilia rs50 or a derbi gpr.
    If you find out what it is, PM/email me or post on this thread or something because it sounds like what mine has been doing. I was convinced it was the carburetor dying but since yours is LX-i and you're having similar troubles I'm not so sure it's a carb-specific thing. My mechanic doesn't really specialize in imported vehicles so when he couldn't figure out what was wrong he referred me to this local Precision Imports shop. I have an appointment with them tomorrow morning so hopefully they'll know what it is and not try to gouge me for the cash!! :P
    ~<+045+ygH05+>~

Vehicle
    88 accord lxi ... 95 integra LS
    so did anyone ever find out whats wrong???

Vehicle
    '89 Accord LXi
    I was getting a weird jumping on my tach. Thats when I changed out the distributer, rotor, and pcv. Both my distributor and pcv were crap. But once i put the new ones in, the werid jumping went away.

1988starter
    Quote Originally Posted by chiller670
    so did anyone ever find out whats wrong???
    It was the distributer 200 bones later at autozone I had a new one lifetime warenty

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord LX-i Turbo 2004 Acura TL 6 speed/navigation
    just get one at a yard.. this problem has been discussed many many many many times