Thread: '88 accord lx

DX User

'88 accord lx

Hey I just joined. I bought a 1988 accord lx sedan a month ago. it has 193,000 and I got it for $500. I'm from the sf bay area in california.

Vehicle
    1986 accord LXI

Re: '88 accord lx

Welcome from IL. Post pics once you get 5 posts.

DX User

I was planning on it, it's pretty nice for the price.

Vehicle
    86 LX-i Hatch

YES! Another bay area 3rd gen! Welcome from san jose man! Def post some pictures as soon as you can. Thanks for the request by the way
    Low loud lovin it!
    bosozoku inspired 86 LX-I hatchie
    ~~~~~~~IG @the_boso_3g~~~~~~~

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Welcome from the Central Valley!
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

from Nevada!

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle
    1989 Accord Lxi Hatchback

Welcome from the AV!

DX User

thanks everyone. no problem honda man. I'll post pictures as soon as possible. It has some problems as usual. nothing too serious, an oil leak at the dizzy, and I think it needs a new torque converter or speed sensor because the transmission will, I want to say, not engage sometimes when accelerating from a stop, but besides that all gears shift smoothly so I don't think the problem is there. I'm also pretty sure the front suspension is dead, and I'm not too sure about the back. it idles rough when it's cold, and I think the throttle is sticking somewhere because when I push down the gas peddle more than an inch it takes a second for the throttle to open up. oh it's also riding on these tiny ass 13" rims. I bottom out over everything.

DX User

also, I think the wiring to the speakers is faulty or loose because sometimes when I go over bumps the sound quality gets better haha

DX User

Here are some pictures:

Last edited by honda crew; 01-18-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

based on a brief review of all your posts I would pull off the air cleaner and all then go inside the car and mash the gas, you should see the throttle move immediatley with smoothness.
    Also have someone mash the gas too and you look underneath at the transmission TV lever. This is towards the front of the trans a little to the left of the transmission dip stick.
    You should see it move immediatley as well pretty much. Also check that the lever is smooth moving and returning to default position each time the pedal is pressed.
    The chirping noise, may be the distributor shaft bearing going.
    edit... let me add that the car need not be running, best not to be when these visual tests are done.
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 01-27-2012 at 09:50 AM.

from Virginia!! Nice sedan

DX User

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post
    based on a brief review of all your posts I would pull off the air cleaner and all then go inside the car and mash the gas, you should see the throttle move immediatley with smoothness.
    Also have someone mash the gas too and you look underneath at the transmission TV lever. This is towards the front of the trans a little to the left of the transmission dip stick.
    You should see it move immediatley as well pretty much. Also check that the lever is smooth moving and returning to default position each time the pedal is pressed.
    The chirping noise, may be the distributor shaft bearing going.
    edit... let me add that the car need not be running, best not to be when these visual tests are done.
    Alright cool, I'll do that tomorrow, I was just in autozone today looking at carb cleaner and stuff, my engine is pretty gunked up with old oil and stuff, I think I'm going to take it to a coin op car wash and spray the whole engine down. I'll look into replacing the distributor...if I'm correct it's got the same spark plug wires on it from when it was new...maybe not but they're old. spraying the car down with water should bring up any problems in the electrical system and vacuum system haha