Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ba b16...

Re: Ba b16...

Lol! The snow is not that bad as long as you keep it off the curbs. I feel bad for you guys. Not really lol. We got 3" here in fountain, and most of it melted off already.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

hahaha, yea, we got even more snow last night.. I snapped a couple pics of the lude and my coupe this morning...

the front is completely buried now...

The accord is getting there...no more wheels to see

The two cars aren't getting out anytime soon it looks like...

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Gotta love tax returns!
    Update... going to stick with my tr motorsport wheels for the time being... im hoping to pick up some gently used max summer performance tires or get some new dunlop star specs.

Also currently talking to mark with gaz about the suspension setup... going to keep it basic but hopefully with shorter springs or no springs at all and just buy my own... probably make some Semi legit top hats depending on how it all works out! I love the idea of it well with the stock top hats, but i want to make sure i can go low without killing the shocks in the process.

As far as main parts go, that will leave me looking for a new trans... im thinking im going to just try and get a good ys1 (with the taller fd) which is what i have currently... cars plenty quick at the moment and with the trans, gets hella good gas mileage.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

This was as low as it used to sit on the konis... i want another inch, which i could have gone with shorter rear springs...

SEi User

does this mean your going to fix up the front bumper! lol!

Man that is going to be so low it's not funny mines pretty much maxed out as low as I dare go on the road any lower at the front I'll struggle to get over dips in the road!!

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

I got the email from Mark today...

getting the newer rear piston design (ensuring the bushings will work) and 1inch shorter springs in the 500front/600rear spring setup. I've sent all my mailing, contact info... Just waiting for the final invoice and making the paymet!

As far as the lowness... I might not go lower than my previous setup rich, i just want to be sure that I can go lower if i decide to later... but i'll most likely go as low as i can provided i still have clearance for the drive shafts through the frame rails... I don't want to have to do silly modifications to dump this beast! But I do what the 15x8s to look good! I'll post up an update for everyone once the Babies are paid for!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

I like the stance on the last pics but if you plan on going any lower, definitely do a top hat.

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

DX User

I hate to say it but Rota Grid - I think it would look good with what you are going for...

SEi User

I've heard that Rota are prone to cracking not sure how true that is though? maybe it's with heavier cars with higher spring rates or maybe just cars with race springs though.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Payment sent! Shipping alone was 110

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Ob, I do you have extended top hats on my koni suspension setup. I may do a similar but better setup on this one...
    Z, as much as i hate to say it... new wheels probably arent gojng to be in the budget.. 16inch tires are expensive and im thinking of just staying with the tr motorsports... its like having 700 dollars more to do with

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

Verry nice Lude you have there, but I like coup better, Lude are played out if you ask me.
    look at XXR, DR-20's, Rays or Mugen wheels, 16" isnt to expensive.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Your telling me that there are a lot if modded 2nd gens up your way?

Vehicle

more than Accords yes. at leas in europe, since we didnt had Coupe. Preludes was more popular here.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Thats pretty crazy, let me assure you its a rare thing to see an old lude in decent condition round here
    Last edited by Tomisimo; 02-08-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Vehicle

Now yes, its a rare site indeed, even to see a 4dr on the road. but last summer I was on a freeway and seen a factory clean 2geen lude driven by a elderly guy. If you search european honda foruns, you'll find more of them than Aerodecks even.

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

dont you think that if its still a rare sight to see an old prelude that, its hard to say that its over played? Just curious only because i believe your the first guy to say that these old hondas are over played...

Vehicle

maybe I've seen lots of them, IDK, its like Golg II, there is nothing out there that hasnt been done to them. Every meet I attend I see endles civics and preludes. They are hard to stand out with IMO. But yes, I agree, they getting rare now so there is nothing wrong with restoring an old car. Actually I never ment to start a discusion, I respect the efford you poring in to the neglected car as many of us here.

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Hey man, no big deal... Its just weird that you said that, and just now i was creeping on the other "prelude" site and saw YET another DOHC prelude from europe! The damn thing looked mint as too!

-No matter what I'm super excited... And as far as tires go, 16 inch tires cost more, and the options are far fewer... With the SCCA racing here in the states and with how competitive the miatas and civics are in the street tire classes (all or most running 15s) there are tons of top notch times on the 15inch platform. Bridgestone RE-11s*, Dunlop Z1 Star Specs*, Kuhmo XS, Toyo R1Rs, Nitto NT-03, & the Hankook RS3s* are all awesome tires that were literally created to compete in the Street touring classes...

* (denotes tires I've owned or the previous variation)

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by hondalude86 View Post
    Hey man, no big deal... Its just weird that you said that, and just now i was creeping on the other "prelude" site and saw YET another DOHC prelude from europe! The damn thing looked mint as too!
    See, the sun shines from another side here, if I had a Accord coupe here it would be a rare and uniq car on a meet.

Toyo and Fulda are soft gripy tires M3 never slipped with Toyos on a tight track this summer compared to Yokohama the day before. and on the and of their lives.

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomisimo View Post
    See, the sun shines from another side here, if I had a Accord coupe here it would be a rare and uniq car on a meet.

That's weird. The 3g sedans are EVERYWHERE in the US. The coupes not so much, but still a good number of them. The 2g Prelude however is far more rare, especially in good condition.

Maybe we need to load up some 3g Accords and send the to EU for some 2g Preludes.

C|

Vehicle

Problem is that nobody wants them and Ludes that are left is kept as pets. got to get use to this picture from now on.

My Build Thread

DX User

That_great......

-----------------------------------

The distance from the คาสิโนออนไลน์go to your house, it may be longer or shorter, as well as from home to the คาสิโนออนไลน์ it.
    Last edited by seeooo13; 02-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

So after a long debate, im going to get these konig wheels in bronze... the price is right and the sizing is perfect. 15x8 with a 25mm offset.
    Price about 100 per wheel shipped... and weighs 12.8lbs and we'll be wrapped in some dunlop star specs

Vehicle

Neat, good choise, but eta25, can make some issues in the back. I think the maximus is 30mm. I tryed some wheels from E30 with offset that was 22mm in the rear and 25 front, front was perfect. 2mm.poke do change the cars stance. it looks so planted and even wider, but they rubbed all the way in the rear. will be needing to role the lip inside and maybe even push wheel arches out abit. Do it once, do it right.

My Build Thread