175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Re: Ba b16...

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

and of course this monster car, now even lower...

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Prelude Si

Lesss camber on the white beast!

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Prelude 2.0Si-T

more camber. because racecar.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

More rear camber for sure!

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Vehicle
    89 Accord LXi Coupe, 07 Civic Si Coupe, 08 Civic hybrid

wow that thing looks fantastic... A week in the body shop would have that thing looking NEW and would be totally tits.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Thanks buddy!

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

So as a mear few of you might know, I just bought a car about 2 months ago with a b16b in it... which is pretty much the rarest motor to ever be built by Honda... I'm recently going through some poor relationship moments right now, so i've been toying around with the idea of swapping the b16b and the internals of the s4c (read, LSD w/ dual syncros) into the white prelude, whilst swapping my b16a and stock YS1 gear set into the civic I have. Before this, i toy'd around with the idea of doing a JRSC on the obd0 b16a in the lude... which would be quicker, weird, rare, but no b16b... Of course i'd sell the civic... Debate!

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Quote Originally Posted by hondalude86 View Post
    So as a mear few of you might know, I just bought a car about 2 months ago with a b16b in it... which is pretty much the rarest motor to ever be built by Honda... I'm recently going through some poor relationship moments right now, so i've been toying around with the idea of swapping the b16b and the internals of the s4c (read, LSD w/ dual syncros) into the white prelude, whilst swapping my b16a and stock YS1 gear set into the civic I have. Before this, i toy'd around with the idea of doing a JRSC on the obd0 b16a in the lude... which would be quicker, weird, rare, but no b16b... Of course i'd sell the civic... Debate!

Hmm, IDK. A SC would be cool and different, plus lots of low end torque. I'm not a fan of revving to 4000RPm just to get in the power band. Not on a street car anyway.

C|

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Welp, the situation got weirder... instead of getting to keep the accord, I have to keep the del sol. Problem with the del slo is that 500hp turbo honda is shit for reliability. I could swap the b16b into the slow, swap the gsr motor into the civic and sell the civic, then jrsc the lude, running neptune (from the slo) and rc440 injectors (also from the slo)... then literally wait for the slo to get stolen...

Vehicle

Good luck with everything!!

Btw, you should come out this friday to the corsport bbq meet
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Raised the lude to day, and did what I will now call my final suspension adjustments before the badly needed alignment...

I raised it up just enough in the front to get about 1/4 of preload on the front springs and matched the rear to that... ended up about 1/2" taller than previously... Also readjuted the camber and took a little bit out... Of course not OMFG quality pics, but pics to give you an idea of where its at...

no more stupid camber and best of all, NO MORE RUBBING!!!
    I can finally drive the car hard and put it through its paces. My initial impression is MUCH BETTER! the car is feeling pretty good now... No longer will i hesitate to toss this baby into a wicked turn! Car is feeling good, and I actually believe I've struck a good balance of low and performance... I'll get the two cars side by side to show you still how low it is!

SEi User

As Dave Gran said being the lowest is not often the best!

Mine's not that low due to the stupid humps everywhere but you look like your just a smidge lower than me now so we probably very close to each other!! I have my front shocks wound up pretty much on the max and the rears are about 6-7 clicks i think gives it a nice balanced handling with a hint of oversteer on cold road tyres and quite a lot of oversteer in the wet but not unmanigable you just need to know it's there so it doesn't catch you out!! I love it best flipping mod I've done to this car bar the engine!! I can't believe I've been running such shit suspension for so long even though it was still good enough to leave pretty much most track cars for dead now it just annihilates them!! haha!!

SEi User

Actually given that my tyres are only 195/50/15 I'd say our heights are bang on the same now!! I really do need to steal your wheels and tyres my car would just be on another cornering world with decent rubber and wheels!! :0(

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Hahaha rich, this whole proper suspension thing is what ive been trying to get you on for years. Silly talk of your jamex springs and such always had me shaking my head... im currently running two full turns off full stiff in the front and one click off full stiff in the rear. Car feels great and doesn't rub! I neex an alignment now but for the time being, the car feels leathal. You really do need to invest in some new tires buddy. The 140 tread wear tires feel great. You still rocking stock front, no rear sway bars on that car of yours?

SEi User

Yep sway bars still the same can't find anything stiffer and to be honest I can't see how they'd make any difference!! lol!! I have no body roll and grip seems to be pretty darn good front and rear I could put SI roll bars on I have a couple but I feel doesn't need it at the moment maybe better tyres would make it more a concern though. I'd love to put some Hankook RS3's on but haven't got any decent rims to put them on or spare cash to waste them on. Car is off the road for now as insurance and TAX expired and head is leaking oil badly through the seals so need to fix that first.

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Damn rich! You gotta stay in that thing! Im currently running the koni front and addco rear. Its like increasing your spring rates with out needing additional valving. I will say though so far my experience is that the grip is much higher on the white car than the red car atm. It's almost more related to the big rear sway on the red car coupled with the dx front sway. Its quite a biy easier to get off throttle oversteer with the red car. The white car has gobs of grip!

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

So last night I finally had an opportunity to shake down the White Prelude and the GAZ coilovers... And to be honest I am pretty damn pleased with the suspensions performance. No quips or complaints from the coilovers, consistent performance side to side, and of course loads and loads of grip. Very predictable and razor sharp performance. For the money, I don't think i could be happier. I'd put it right up there with MUST DO for anyone. It is quite literally the cheapest way to get an amazing performing suspensions right out of the box.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

GAZ coilovers? Were they custom made for the prelude or did you modify them?

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by obdriver6 View Post
    GAZ coilovers? Were they custom made for the prelude or did you modify them?
    Made to order.
    -Gio
    My E85 Turbo Build
    5280FEST

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by gfrg88 View Post
    Made to order.
    Hmmm interesting..... hondalude86, how much were they if you don't mind me asking?

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

So here is a video for your viewing pleasure... This was btw, filmed with my Motorola droid so I preapologize for the video quality, but I believe it gets the message across... the white lude is a badass!

http://youtu.be/7LP8sgyEFoY

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

moar ricer vids!!!
    http://youtu.be/x_jhWq7dBkQ

Keep in mind that I video'd this with my cell phone, but there is a couple HD options to enhance your viewing experience