Thread: Security

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Security

So I just saw someone eyeing my car a minute ago and definitly got a little scared. I moved it behind my truck for safety purposes but its defintly time to start securing it up a bit. I was thinking of buying a quick release steering wheel and installing a fuel cut switch. But I couldnt find much about quick releases through search. So what quick releases.will fit our cars? Ive been told one from an ef will be the same but I just dont have money to be spending on what people believe. Id rather be sure than out money. So does anyone know from expierince or memory?
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Re: Security

i would get a gps tracker, they're pretty cheap now days. a car can still get stolen no matter what kinda security you put into it, but at least with a tracker, you know where to find it

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

if in doubt, make your main relay removable and take it with you.

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Lol theres been times where ive taken my ecu into the mall just because I dont trust anybody. Ill look into the gps tracker as well. right now ive got her secured in my shop around back since I can t drive her right now.
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

^^ thats a pretty good idea! Nobody is gonna be carrying an accord ecu!

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

DX User

i would get a gps tracker, they're pretty cheap now days. a car can

Vehicle
    88 lxi

Quote Originally Posted by obdriver6 View Post
    ^^ thats a pretty good idea! Nobody is gonna be carrying an accord ecu!
    lol i first started doing that with my buddys type R swapped EG. thats where i got the idea from. he had one of those side carry bags that he would take his ecu and steering wheel around with him. and he had a fuel cut switch that he flipped as well
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    1989 Lx-i Hatchback

the removable steering wheel is a great idea, until you get 2 vice grips and use them lol. I would suggest a cutoff switch hidden in the rear of the car to cut power to the fuel pump. This is what i normally do. In the most extreme case if someone wants to really take your car there is no stopping them from putting it on a flatbed or something . In that case i would agree with the others to have a GPS tracker.

I tend to only slightly modify the external and internal appearance of my hatch, so that it doesn't catch anyone's eye.

1989 Accord Lx-i hatchback (current DD project)
    1986 Olds Cutlass 442 clone (never ending project)
    3Geez resident body man
    Owner of Wreck-less auto body

Vehicle
    88 lxi

the hardest part about a switch for me is my car is stripped so its very hard to hide a switch. i was actually thinking about finding a way to incorporate it with and a/c button if possible. or find a way to tap into the neutral/park antistart thing and have a hidden switch that would inturupt the signal almost like it was still in drive but as soon as i flip the switch it would correct it and recognize it as in park/nuetral. lol idk if i explained that right but i tryed.
    88 lxi:

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

when i had a msd box it would let you put a switch on the signal. you could hid it anywhere

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

Vehicle
    88 lxi

after the car is back on the road that was going to be my first new mod before i go 5 speed. im just wondering if there is some way to integrate a switch into an unused button in my car (one of the ac buttons, the cruise control button, ect) or like i said earlier integrate it into the park/neitral switch somehow.
    88 lxi: