Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderator team

Re: Moderator team

A fab section would be awsome.
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

I reckon the way CB7Tuner has their "members rides" section is the way to go, with maybe a sub-forum in there for the smaller projects (brakes, engines, etc.) like cygnus x-1 mentioned

Also another thing I think would be good is having the market section open for posting in, but with strict rules so it doesn't turn into a post whoring/bitching session again.

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

Quote Originally Posted by 89T View Post
    Agreed, a fab section would be awesome. And considering the aftermarket for 3geez is pretty much gone, custom fabbed parts will be more and more prevalent for anyone trying to keep these cars alive.

Quote Originally Posted by A18A View Post
    I reckon the way CB7Tuner has their "members rides" section is the way to go, with maybe a sub-forum in there for the smaller projects (brakes, engines, etc.) like cygnus x-1 mentioned
    That could work. I think the main thing is just to define better what the sections are so people know.

Quote Originally Posted by A18A View Post
    Also another thing I think would be good is having the market section open for posting in, but with strict rules so it doesn't turn into a post whoring/bitching session again.
    How is it not open now? I guess I never really pain much attention to it.

EDIT: Oh I see, you can't post in other people threads. So what would opening it up do?

C|

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by 87roach View Post
    I also like the idea of a non-3geez project forum.
    x2. I have other stuff going on that I feel bad about posting here because it's not 3g specific. I think it would help create a more cohesive community if we could put all the stuff we are working on here, instead of farming it out on another board.

Quote Originally Posted by cygnus x-1 View Post
    The only things I would maybe change are to consolidate the sub-forums in the HOWTO forum so they match the FAQ forum.
    I would say the how-to and FAQ sections need some consolidation. There is a lot of how-to stuff in the FAQ's. You go looking for it but can't find it because it's not where you expected it to be.

x3
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    1986 Accord LX-i (BT- 142K) - 1993 Civic DX (225K) - 1996 Camry DX (173K)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    I'd like to see the site dedicate some space to factory original restorations. What we are going to see before too much longer is an interest in restorations. We are seeing a little bit already and that interest is only going to grow. It would be nice to see an area dedicated to restoration projects as well as to resources for finding good factory original parts.
    x2.
    If it ain't broke... I fix it!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

The last new thread in the R&D section was from 2008.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

I was just reading "The Flipped Lid Archives"
    What happened to the VigorFroum?
    - llia

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Quote Originally Posted by A20A1 View Post
    I was just reading "The Flipped Lid Archives"
    What happened to the VigorFroum?
    VigorForum was a side project so I could use an extra vbulletin license I had, and hopefully draw a little bit of traffic to 3geez. But the target niche was way too small and there wasn't enough activity to draw people to the site. No big deal, the extra license now will be used to upgrade 3geez.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

x4
    I would say the how-to and FAQ sections need some consolidation. There is a lot of how-to stuff in the FAQ's. You go looking for it but can't find it because it's not where you expected it to be.
    X2

I get the idea of having a non-3geez car project in the off topic sec but I have to agree with cyngus.

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Most of the stickys are too dated and really there some erroneous info in them that needs to be junked. A20 i know you spent a lot of time on them but maybe its time to relook at whats up there. Alotta that stuff is old school theory. Archive it somehow for reference. Lets move on.

I like the other makes section idea. I have various vehicles that really I work on way more then the Honda, since there rarely is anything wrong with it.

wp
    1988 Lxi owner since August 1995
    336k miles running strong!
    Now running E85.

Oldblueaccord <<< MY YOUTUBE PAGE!

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

we need a specific electrical forum, I get pm's all the time on electrical repairs, I try to answer them, but it would be great to have a sticky section on common electrical failures and how to fix them, the electrics are getting old in these cars now, how about a free for shipping section in classifieds, a lot of people probably have junk around and oddball parts they just don't want, the older these cars get the more the chances are someone will need it. I send stuff out all the time for shipping costs
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 05-02-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

I agree, with the stickies, I'd like to remove and start fresh.
    - llia

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Yeah, I have quite a bit of 3geez stuff that is here for the asking. I just sent a combo switch to Legend_Master for the cost of shipping. I think that's what a community is really about, helping out those that just can't get their hands on the parts.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I agree, with the stickies, I'd like to remove and start fresh.
    Uh, let's not please. There is good info there that should be retained. I think we should all go through them and decide what is still good, what needs updating and what needs to go. I think that some of our "mod" frustration comes from stuff like this that isn't getting updated, but the truth is, we can look through those threads as well as anyone. Let's go through and clean it up. We can PM mods as appropriate for updates and changes.

I'll go first, can someone please update the AT -> MT swap thread for me. An MT starter needs to be included in the list of required parts (the paragraph beginning with "Here's what you need").

Mods, please someone go do this now!

Also, is there a way to incorporate my Additional Notes on the MT swap thread into the How-To? It gives important wiring info that the original How-To glosses over.
    Last edited by Dr_Snooz; 05-03-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Uh, let's not please. There is good info there that should be retained. I think we should all go through them and decide what is still good, what needs updating and what needs to go. I think that some of our "mod" frustration comes from stuff like this that isn't getting updated, but the truth is, we can look through those threads as well as anyone. Let's go through and clean it up. We can PM mods as appropriate for updates and changes.

I'll go first, can someone please update the AT -> MT swap thread for me. An MT starter needs to be included in the list of required parts (the paragraph beginning with "Here's what you need").

Also, is there a way to incorporate my Additional Notes on the MT swap thread into the How-To? It gives important wiring info that the original How-To glosses over.
    How-to thread has been updated and copied/merged. Thanks Snooz.

Yes, we cannot update the FAQ/How-to threads on our own. We'll need input from members. Members cannot edit the threads themselves, but we need a way for members to tell us what needs to be done so that the staff can do it. I'm thinking about ways we can do that - whether it be a sticky thread where you guys can just tell us what's going on, or maybe using the "Report this Post" feature. There are a lot of things on our plate, as the mods (and future mods) will attest to, so we're progressing down our list as quickly as we can. Updating the FAQ/How-to is definitely a big part of that.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    88 LXi

See that's my point Snooze I rather read 2-3 FAQ that are correct then 20 with 2 correct 2 incomplete etc.

wp
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

I never said there were not posts we need to keep, just that "Stickies" can be unstuck if they are not needed or reformatted to be more concise.

I'd be happy to help but in my absence I've been... dun dun dun. Demoted
    Last edited by A20A1; 05-03-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    - llia

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I never said there were not posts we need to keep, just that "Stickies" can be unstuck if they are not needed or reformatted to be more concise.

I'd be happy to help but in my absence I've been... dun dun dun. Demoted
    Concise is what you do and you do it well.

Please give A20A1 Admin powers!

Oh and OldBlue, according to your sig... would that be E63 ? If you used regular unleaded as the base (E10)
    30(.1)+70(.85)=100(x)
    _____

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post

Oh and OldBlue, according to your sig... would that be E63 ? If you used regular unleaded as the base (E10)
    30(.1)+70(.85)=100(x)
    _____
    Admin I am not, Mod first I must become.

*darn no Yoda emoticon.
    - llia

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

ah crap I got two wrong )
    A20A1 ~ mod

70(.1)+30(.85)=100(x)
    ____
    E32

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Vehicle
    88 LXi

Quote Originally Posted by roodoo2 View Post

30(.1)+70(.85)=100(x)
    _____
    yeah something like that. I fill with 2 gallons e-85 and the rest 87 octane. So on 340 mile run it varies a little. I splashed some Acetone in there last few and got 3 32 mpg in a row but the air temps were perfect for mileage the last few weeks. My motor has not blowen up, my gas tank has not turned to dust,no green goo purple jelly as of yet.

wp
    Now running E85.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by 87accordlxi View Post
    How-to thread has been updated and copied/merged. Thanks Snooz.

Yes, we cannot update the FAQ/How-to threads on our own. We'll need input from members. Members cannot edit the threads themselves, but we need a way for members to tell us what needs to be done so that the staff can do it. I'm thinking about ways we can do that - whether it be a sticky thread where you guys can just tell us what's going on, or maybe using the "Report this Post" feature. There are a lot of things on our plate, as the mods (and future mods) will attest to, so we're progressing down our list as quickly as we can. Updating the FAQ/How-to is definitely a big part of that.
    Thanks Joe. Let us know the best way to handle this in the future. I'll try to start going through the How-To's here soon.

Another question: there are some How-To threads that I don't find very useful, like the How To Replace a Thermostat thread. Of course, someone else might consider it vital. How should we handle threads that we feel should be removed from the How-To's but that others might really like?
    Dr_Snooz

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

isnt the P-C forum a fab forum? Or it is possible to add it as sub forum, depends on what other mod's and admins can agree on.
    I run my car on 50/50 e85 blend, engine seems to run quiter but after researching some more, I find that since alcohole is dryer it tends to dry out rubber guskets around inhectors and fuel pump parts, I learned this the hard way on my BMW. Had issues and costly repears afterwards. It would be wise to change hardware that supports alc fuel and to get best bang for the buck since E85 is like 110octane, OBD1 is the way to go.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    2006 Chevy Cobalt LS

...Another question: there are some How-To threads that I don't find very useful, like the How To Replace a Thermostat thread. Of course, someone else might consider it vital. How should we handle threads that we feel should be removed from the How-To's but that others might really like?
    K-Roy's how-to is missing pictures. I might have some to fix it with.

Another possibility is to have small fixes like that could go into some kind of general maintenance thread that explains spark plugs, distributor cap, PCV valve, and thermostat replacement.
    - llia