View Poll Results: Would you like to see the Aom back?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

17 85.00%
  • no

1 5.00%
  • I have other idea's for this.

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aom

Aom

Would you guy's like to see the Aom back in action?

Vehicle
    1986/Honda/prelude si

Re: Aom

or at least a 3geez car of the month...

Vehicle
    Honda Accord's EXi #1 [A20a4] R.I.P & #2 [B20a2]

yes, but there hardly any cars left.

Its prttey fnuny how you can raed tihs eintre snetnece with all tehse ellters out of palce...

My Build Thread

Vehicle
    1990 Mazda Miata

wut he said^

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

there's heaps if we drop our standards

Vehicle
    1988 ca3 si exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by A18A View Post
    there's heaps if we drop our standards
    true there.
    there are so many long time members that have cars in the middle of a rebuild and heaps that have sold there cars and so many newbies that post a few dozen times and then move on its not worth it at the moment.
    it may still work , but maybe with a re hash of the criteria for a minimum standard or something.
    otherwise we'll end up with some 20 post noob with a car fit for the jy winning which sort of defeats the purpose of aom eh

Vehicle
    VW Polo G40, 1986 Aerodeck EX (sold), 1987 Aerodeck EXi (RIP)

I vote yes, but only with very strict criteria.
    Like some others already said, I'm not waiting to see a guy with a few posts having the AOM badge!
    Right now that badge is something to be really proud of, let's not throw that away.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

cheese where have I been, I didn't know we didn't still have AOM but that it was total lack of participation and interest why we havn't seen it.

If it's lack of cars and or votes, then why not make it Accord of the Quarter.

Vehicle
    87 Accord (RIP), 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee

AOM was very successful for 4 or 5 years, which was great. It was the product of hands on development from members (remember the AOM Coordinators?) and constant tweaking by staff to balance high standards with being more inclusive. Unfortunately, due to a combination of lack of cars (despite loosening standards to cast a wider net) and lack of interest (despite self-nominations being allowed towards the end and heavy promotion in the member newsletter), it was time to shut it down.

I didn't stop AOM simply because I wanted to. I'd love to see AOM back. It was great member recognition as well as marketing for the forum, but the interest just wasn't there in the end.
    - Joe

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

I need to be accord of the year lol jk. but yea i would love to get my car in the vote thing again. it was fun and legit. but like others stated. the 3geez loving has dropped. but like me an few are building are cars and i think it would be fun to see it back in action

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

10 yes votes would not be enough to get it going again. I do agree the traffic is just not here anymore. I thought it was awsome while we had it. The next best thing would be to run out with a camera in hand take some photos and post them up.

Start a spec/pic thread? Just like you were nominating someone. Thought's?

Vehicle
    88 lxi

bring it back . yes the traffic here is decreasing and the amount of noobs is rising faster, BUT out of a handful of noobs there is always one guy who picks up and rolls with the flow. not everyone is here to ask what motors they can drop in, get owned, and leave. we recently got a member who is tackleing a b16 swap if im not mistaken which is solid proof that people will always be coming and going.

we could always try to bring it back. especialy for members like me and many others who joined when it was a slowly dying thing and never got the chance to get their cars on aom status.

plus id love to get that title
    88 lxi:
    shortram, msd blaster 2 coil, lowered 2.5" in the rear 3" in the front, stripped because race car XD

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

I would love to see AOM back, it would hopefully add some life to the forum.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I am guilty of being a fairly active member who never posted many pics of any of my accords. Hell Ive probabaly posted more in off topic than anything.

also just a few more thoughts I will share... since there are few but basically no members in my area i don't have much initiative to really put a lot of effort into my car other than what it takes to keep them DD. That said AOM was some initiative to show off and share, which makes this more of a hobby with gratification.

Please you guys who do live near me and have come to my house for parts etc.. im not leaving you out, that is not what I mean to say in my point here.

I agree that having these AOM up does promote the site, and remember there are hundreds of 1,2,and 3 gen accord freaks out there that do not post here and may not even know it exists. Life occures beyond the internetzz lol.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

I would say "HELL YEAH!" if we had more dedicated members! If it is brought back, it won't be too long before we get through the few people that have accords/preludes worth being AOM!

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

I voted no cause some of you already posted why... Some already won accord of the month/year and the noobs should be on here for a least a year to qualify for accord of the year.... if it was next year then ill put my black coupe as a candidate.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

i voted yes but then had a thought, why dont we just do an accord of the year and have a big vote on that?

3Geez Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBoyCA6 View Post
    ...and the noobs should be on here for a least a year to qualify for accord of the year...
    That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. What about the people that do work to their cars without knowing about this forum and don't join until their work is mostly or even partly done? They don't deserve the chance?

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    i voted yes but then had a thought, why don't we just do an accord of the year and have a big vote on that?
    This is one of the best suggestions yet!

Say the spec/vid/pic's of each persons car posted in the same thread and same manor that Aom was done.
    Say start the nominations November 1st and end them December 1st. start polling December 2nd end the poll at midnight on yew years eve.

Edit: Noob or not everyone deserves a chance.
    Last edited by 89T; 02-10-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. What about the people that do work to their cars without knowing about this forum and don't join until their work is mostly or even partly done? They don't deserve the chance?
    I doubt some members would choose a person with a few posts to be accord of the year...but who's know. Would you choose a member that has been here supporting the site and doing work on his car for a while? Or have some new guy that accidentally stumbled into the site and win AOY with a few post? I know I wouldn't, I think the question here is: "Why not have a Noob Accord of the year/month? There has been a lot of new people with a lot work done and would be a great idea." its up to the people who decide to be nominated or not.

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

that sounds more like a popularity contest rather than accord of the month

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

I vote to do an AOY or at least 3geez car of the year, since we do have prelude members. I get what shyboy is saying but if a newb has a car worth being AOM, AOY, ect. without having found 3geez.com and putting a lot of work them selves into their car then I say they deserved a chance!

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle
    1990 Mazda Miata

Quote Originally Posted by obdriver6 View Post
    I vote to do an AOY or at least 3geez car of the year, since we do have prelude members. I get what shyboy is saying but if a newb has a car worth being AOM, AOY, ect. without having found 3geez.com and putting a lot of work them selves into their car then I say they deserved a chance!
    yuuuup

Vehicle
    VW Polo G40, 1986 Aerodeck EX (sold), 1987 Aerodeck EXi (RIP)

Well I guess the "older" members have a bigger chance anyways because popularity will be a reason for voting for someone when the cars/builds are comparable, so some new guy should have a really epic car to win the AOM/AOY title..
    So I guess there's no problem at all. Noobs have always had a chance to win it...

Conclusion: No matter who wins it, it will be deserved!

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

If we want to point fingers about the loss of AOM, it's on all of us. We just aren't as active as we used to be. Post pics, talk about your progress (even if something stupid, "Hai guise, fixor'd my startar todai! LoLz!!") I'm as much to blame as anyone, It's slow on here so I don't post, I don't post so its slow. Get it?
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced