Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie's Official Update Thread

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: Charlie's Official Update Thread

Cool. Im doing fine,weather finally cooling off enough to be outside long enough to finish sonething

3Geez Veteran

roo, I feel like a prick for ignoring you. Your post was the first post on a second page...Makes me laugh that you were glad to get cool weather to work, while I'm here waiting for the sun to reappear!

---

The time has come again for me to sell the coupe. The sedan sold to a friend's friend (his sister came back from college and took back her '93 EX sedan, same color) so my house was down to the Benz, the coupe for my father, and my mother's Intrepid. The other day the Intrepid's fuel pump went out (I dare you to Google the Chrysler EER 2.7L V6) and once my mother got the idea for getting a different car, my father did as well. I'm looking into older Germans for the both of them, mainly for safety, and because gas mileage is no longer a factor as they both commute less than fifteen miles per day each. Plus, older Germs with maintenance records seem to be just as reliable as a Japanese car without them. lol

Anyway, what I'm getting at is...I need an experienced, real-world value for the coupe. If you don't remember: it's a 1988 Misty Beige LX-i with 210k miles that I bought two years ago with 160k miles. I have no records of before I owned it, but all of them since I have, and the car does need work as it sits (not major but not minor, either). The car squeals (deafening) and shakes (all speeds) but it always starts and stops and it has always gotten us where we need to go. I have taken the car on several 500+ mile trips without hesitation. I have it posted on Craigslist right now for $1,500 or best offer. I am extremely flexible but I still believe my car is as good as it gets for fifteen Benjamins. Most '86-89 Accords are similarly priced with higher mileage and severe problems, or they are just down right beat to crap. My car is still somewhat "nice" for its age.

What'd'ya think?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Is this the one you wrecked? If so, 1.5 seems pretty steep to me.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

3Geez Veteran

No sir! I have owned four CA6 coupes, first two were '89 Seattle Silver, second two were '88 Misty Beige, middle two unfortunately had aftermarket sunroofs. The car I am selling is in good shape, better than most I see here and on the road. There are some pictures of it at the beginning of this thread.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

yeah 3gees are like that. I still remember your original 3gee. that was clean. too bad it was totaled.

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

3Geez Veteran

The time has come for Charles to withdraw completely from the 3G scene (creeping is always warranted) but the coupe sold tonight for $1,100. I paid $350 for it almost four years ago and now it is gone. I will miss the damned thing, made me fall in love with Honda and 80's cars alike. Odd that I'm typing this and I recall buying my first 3G 1/1/2009!

3Geez Veteran

Photo montage!

~Enjoy

3Geez Veteran

3Geez Veteran
    Vehicle
    88coupe

Quote Originally Posted by CAH View Post
    pullin up turbo spoolin fast lookin fly like a 3g like a 3g like a 3g

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Oh. You bought a German car and now you're too good for us. LOL. Just remember the little people when you're living the high life.
    Dr_Snooz

3Geez Veteran

I still tell everyone I know to get a Honda for their first car. I even still reply to CL ads for 3G's "car won't start; will crank" and let them know about the relay and that good stuff.

I just don't have valid sh*t to post anymore. Wait a minute...

3Geez Veteran

Just purchased a 1992 Mercedes-Benz 600SEL (6.0L V12) with 90k original miles for $2,000. Pretty stoked.

3Geez Veteran

Here are the pictures from the Craigslist posting. The car needs some work, no more than the 400E. I'm pretty proud of myself for being 21 and owning a twelve-cylinder. I hope it doesn't cause me too much trouble...

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

You rocking a MB Charlie, lucky biast-tudd thats swag fur sure

3Geez Veteran

This particular example with an MSRP of $127,500, having the orthopedic front seat option, being a California car (as opposed to a 49 stater) plus taxes (including gas guzzler) and delivery fee, was just shy of $160,000! The sedan was the first V12 Mercedes; the SEC coupe and SL convertible came out one model year later. I love that it has the analog cell phone, six disc changer and parking antennae. The windows roll up and down with the remote access fob. Front seats go so far back that I can't reach the pedals. Four-zone climate control, front and rear heated seats, rear seats recline, original first-aid and tool kits, factory stereo deck, factory floor mats, all windows auto up/down with safety withdrawal feature, power rear view mirror (the one in the window and on the doors); not a single part is missing or malfunctions. One owner up to 85k with all service records from MB of Palm Springs. Three memory settings for each front seat, and the driver's memory also controls all three mirrors, steering wheel up/down and in/out, lumbar/thoracic/cervical/bolster/thigh support and the height of the seat belt opening. I can't get over the backwards windshield wipers. My favorite: soft-close doors and trunk. I'm already so used to it that I forget I have to fully shut the doors of cars at work. So many features for a car in 1992, the list goes on forever. This thing really had to compete with the Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit/Silver Spur/Silver Seraph/Mulliner Spur/Flying Spur/Silver Dawn/Park Ward and Bentley Brooklands/Mulsanne/Eight. Apparently having a V12 with the "individual rear seat delete" option is pretty rare as all V12's were 2+2 while all other models have the bench in the back - I'd rather have seating for five, anyway. Pretty rare altogether, too. Of 432,732 examples of the 140 series, 406,710 being sedans, 35,910 having V12 engines, 3,413 being imported to the United States, 1,047 being 1992 model years. (Oddly, they got more rare as time went on; only 14 imported in 1999.) The 1992 model year V12 has 402hp and wide-open-throttle-enrichment, yet 1993-1999 had 389hp and no WOTE.

3Geez Veteran

It's always interesting finding a two-year-old advertisement at a dealership down the street for the car you just bought with only 5,000 less miles...I wonder what happened to the V12 badges on the c-pillars and how the scratch appeared on the hood.

LX User
    Vehicle
    2008 Honda Fit, 1993 Ford Mustang, 1989 Accord LX

I haven't been here in like 2 years and this is the first thread I come back to.

Amazing Benz. How did you manage that for $2000????

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by Edison Carasio View Post
    How did you manage that for $2000????
    Through the magic of depreciation. LOL
    Dr_Snooz

3Geez Veteran

I bought my 400E (175k) for $2,000 and did a straight-accross trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Through the magic of depreciation. LOL
    Also, this.

3Geez Veteran

By the way; I must say that I dearly miss the simplicity, reliability and fuel economy of the Accords. 10/14/12mpg city/highway/combined is pretty tough; about $100 per week to fill the tank.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

Damn. I used to spend $100/wk driving TO OLYMPIA every day.

3Geez Veteran

To Olympia from where? Damn, this car is starting to get really scary. Every replacement part from Mercedes has a comma. Being the first year of the V12 (WOTE, other differences), only available as a sedan, already twenty-three years old; used parts are hard to come by. I have to get the electronic throttle actuators (drive-by-wire throttle bodies) and hydropneumatic rear suspension accumulators rebuilt. Lovely.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I dont know who makes tbose TB for Mercedes but that seems to be a common problem with bunch of MB models.
    Slightly off topic, back in the 80's there was an upfitter aftermarket business in Jacksonville that sold SB Chevy powertrain swaps for Jaguars that came right off the ship at port, there was little confedence in the Jag reliability/maitenance affordabity.
    I forget the model MB it was but Ive seen that swap done to a good looking full size 2 door from that era as well.

Not suggesting a swap, yours would be a nightmare theres so much more integral rather than component

Should've went with reliable luxury mane

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACURALegendCoupe-1254_1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	5839  

3Geez Veteran

^ Instead I went with actual luxury, mane.