Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1987 Honda Accord Sedan/ New Guy

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord

Re: 1987 Honda Accord Sedan/ New Guy

Plus I hate to think the worst of people but I think he was trying to get over on me for more money so he told me the lower hose blew, but it's a straight rip in the top hose by the thermostat. But good news, block was not warped. And now here I am about to put in a new thermostat and radiator hose. I'm also probably gonna get a carb rebuild kit and give myself a whole day or night and check it out.

LX User
    Vehicle
    87 Honda Accord LX-i 5sp sedan 87 Honda Accord LX-i 5sp hatch

Have you replaced your radiator cap? Last march my radiator blew up because the cap wasn't relieving pressure. I replaced the radiator and cap bought the idiot at advance gave me the wrong cap. Long story short on the way back to replace the cap I blew a heater hoose. Cut it and slipped it back on and blew the top radiator hose right when I got int town. I made it to carquest got a new cap and hoses and patched my old hose so I could get back home. Haven't had a problem since.

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord

Ok guys, update. I worked on it last night. Got a different battery, lower radiator hose in and gonna replace the thermostat soon. But she runs!!

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord

Other thing it idle high. Between 21 and 2500 RPM's. But I was told a little carb tweaking fixes that. ?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

Thats good. I don't know anything about the carb but you should use the repair manual to tune the carb.

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread