Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1988 Aerodeck

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

Re: 1988 Aerodeck

black on silver? I photo shopped some 2 toned aerodecks a while back, I'll try find the pics. aerodecks really suit 2 tone colors, and pull it off a lot better than sedans/hatches/coupes IMO

DX User

I want satin / matte paint as it'll hide any car park dents nicely otherwise I'd go for a gloss white. They definitely suit a 2 tone paint job for sure. As soon as I did that photoshop I knew it had to be done!

VIDEO
    Last edited by Crazy_C; 06-05-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

That's a pretty cool mod.

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

DX User

Cheers. It's great fun, and definitely gets noticed when you pull into a show or a meet

I started on fixing some of the rough parts on the 'deck, and thought I'd start with the bumpers. Fixed them up, and tried some paint that was kicking around the shop, and loved the look of it, so I painted both the bumpers.

Just got to fix the rust on the sides now and paint them the same colour, and repaint all the black plastic satin black to freshen it all up.

Getting there slowly and steadily

Vehicle
    1989 CA5 Aerodeck EXi 2.0 A20A4

Looking great!
    I like the ROTA wheel, reminds me of 70's Long Champ wheels in Japan!

DX User

Cheers man. I was originally thinking of Renault turbines but I then found your picture on the net and when I realized you live in London as well, I definitely couldn't do it! LOL

Vehicle

I didn't realize you are in London, too.
    I pass by you today on A2 then - I went to BBA-Reman in Rochester to find ABS pump - but they don't, dammit!

DX User

Heh, yea, that would have been me then, with the Incarsolutions graphics on the rear and side windows

I live in Bexleyheath / Erith, but I work in Maidstone.

DX User

Cheers to Yasu for Stage 1 goodness

Adjustable pulley. You can tell it's Japanese, it says "adjustru" on it

My mate Mark decided to make a sticker up for my car and put it on earlier. Gotta love it!

DX User

Some picture whoring!

DX User

As some of you may know, I was after a set of the OEM front fogs for Marvin, but as they're rarer than rocking horse shit, I got some aftermarket ones and they fill the gaps perfectly and I'm really pleased with them

DX User

All I can say is, holy crap they're bright!!! They actually make my headlamps look dim in comparison!! It's nice to actually be able see properly at night now though!

DX User

Well I've taken this week off work to do a top end rebuild on my Aerodeck with a stage 1 cam and an adjustable pulley (courtesy of Yasu) and it's running great. New head gasket, skimmed head, new cambelt, new tensioner and new manifold gaskets.

Painted the rocker cover too whilst it was off, same colour as the bumpers.

It's not much faster, just a bit faster, but the power comes on a lot smoother now and it pulls better at lower revs.

Vehicle

Nice!
    Did you spray paint the cover or is that powder coating?
    Looking good.

DX User

Cheers man I just painted the rocker cover with vht primer on there first.

I have found 2 problems though since doing the work, and 1 has now been rectified.

First was a mark appearing along the belt, as if it was being chewed away by something, but it turned out the rubber seal on the lower belt case had popped out and was rubbing on the belt, so the mark was rubber bring added to the belt! Lower cover removed so all is good now

The other problem though is that I have a bit of cam pulley wobble. Will need to take the cam pulley off just to ensure its true. It's only about an 1/8 inch wobble so not too bad but hoping that it may have just jumped on the seat, but I have a suspicion the pulley may be slightly warped. Will put the old one on next week when I get a chance just to check.

Good news though is my unimposing little old Aerodeck was embarrassing a few motors on the roads last night. The cam definitely makes a big difference. Still need to adjust the dizzy slightly too as although it runs great it has a tendency for the revs to drop so quick it stalls when I slow for the first speed hump on my road.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_C View Post
    The other problem though is that I have a bit of cam pulley wobble. Will need to take the cam pulley off just to ensure its true. It's only about an 1/8 inch wobble so not too bad but hoping that it may have just jumped on the seat, but I have a suspicion the pulley may be slightly warped. Will put the old one on next week when I get a chance just to check.
    Do you mean cam gear?
    Please let me know when you compare with the old one.

DX User

Will do man. Will make sure it's on properly and everything first. It's not much of a wobble but it's enough to double check. I'll probably get my trusty flat bit of steel and check that sits flush against the surface of the cam gear.

I will say though if anyone plans on doing a cambelt on an A20A, have fun with the bottom pulley bolt!!!!!

Vehicle

I had two Golden Eagle Camgears, one black and one blue which I sold it to you. I didn't have any problem with the black one at all so I am a bit surprised. I had blue one as a back up for the future so I didn't test it so I can't say. If it helps, I can send the black one to you for comparison. Unfortunately, with the black one, one of the fixing bolt was over torqued due to old torque wrench and the thread on the gear is stripped.
    It still worked ok for about one year without one bolt though.

DX User

It may just be something simple like it not being seated properly, will have a check on that when I can first.

Urgh, I hate it when torque wrenches do that

DX User

Well I've not really been doing much to the Aerodeck as I've been playing with the trike project more so recently, plus I've run out of smaller things to do to the 'deck, and next step is window tints and a restoration.

But I have decided to get a new sub for the install, and I doubt many, or any of the non-UK audiophiles will know it. It's a brand new Shadow Works Genesis sub These subs are the dog's danglies and are pretty hard to get a hold of too, seeing as the company went bust a few years back as they're all hand made by a guy up in Scotland. He still makes a few now and again, but not many.

I need to tidy up the carpet though, but I swapped the subs over before work today, so you'll have to forgive the mess.

And it even has my portrait on it too!! (I haven't shaved in 6 months, or cut my hair in 8 years!!)

DX User

Also went to a place in London called the Graffiti Tunnel recently too, and here's some photos from there.

Vehicle
    89 LX-i(5speed)

i like the color on the aerodeck

1989 Honda Accord LX-i
    B18c1 swap since 7/2011
    175whp and 132tq
    Redzone tuned

DX User

Cheers, will look a lot better when it's been restored and resprayed Can't wait!

LX User
    Vehicle
    86 Accord LXi 5sp, 293k

Great car. Hows that new cam setup working for you? I love the hatch.

btw. Did the ecm require tuning or was the cam just a bolt in?
    Last edited by kentwat; 11-28-2012 at 08:07 AM. Reason: btw
    '86 Accord LXi Sedan my dependable daily driver w\318k. "Why yes I do have a 3GEEE!"

DX User

The cam was a straight bolt on. I'm doing a carb conversion though with a webber carb to get a bit more out of it

The way the hatch opens is one of my favourite bits