Thread: Pertronix Ignitor Install - HELP

Vehicle
    79 Accord 1.8L CVCC 5-Speed

Pertronix Ignitor Install - HELP

So I'm trying to install this Ignitor kit and am getting nowhere! First off it doesn't align with the holes in the distributor, the vacuum advance is getting in the way. Once it is on there using one screw the magnet ring sits WAY higher than the ignitor and will not go down. All of the videos I've seen say the magnet ring should be level with the top of the unit. The rotor and cap go on without issue. The engine isn't in the car yet so so I can't test to see how it works.

The guts in my old distributor are gone so I'm hoping I can figure out how to get this to work. I'll also be calling support tomorrow but figured one of you guys might know.

Thanks!

Vehicle

Re: Pertronix Ignitor Install - HELP

SOLUTION! I don't think this kit was made for my distributor, it wants the one that has points. Still I think I found a solution! Since the Ignitor does install without any clearance issues with one screw I left it as is.

As for the magnet ring my solution to get it to hold was to place a deep socket on top of it then tap it down with a hammer. Since it has indentations for a shaft with points it fits on there tight and level after it's tapped down.

That leaves me with around 1mm clearance between the Ignitor and magent ring, the magnet ring stays put, the magnet ring is flush with the top of the Ignitor and everything spins with no binding. The engine isn't in the car yet so I can't fire it up but it looks like this should work.

Sorry about lack of pictures, I was too excited about getting this to work like it should and forgot.

Vehicle

Here's what it looks like if anyone is interested:

View 1

View 2

With the dust cap on that came with the kit. The dust cap fits perfectly.

We'll see.

Vehicle
    1981 Accord Hatchback, 1984 Accord Sedan

I was gonna say... I thought those were electronic ignition kits for the points-style distributors. Assuming it's not though, what is the kit supposed to do?

Vehicle

It is, and I thought mine had points. Turns out my dizzy doesn't have points but I don't have the cash right now to buy a brand new dizzy. This is nothing more than an aftermarket electronic ignition kit.

The guts were trashed on the old dizzy so we'll see how this works. It looks like it's installed OK and I have the correct Flamethrower coil so hopefully I can at least get it up and running with this thing.

Vehicle

You read my mind!!!! I was wondering about one of these....didn't know if it would fit/work or how much it cost.... please keep us updated...