Thread: New wheels!!!! :/

DX User
    Vehicle
    1980 honda accord 5speed

New wheels!!!! :/

ok well my 1980 is starting to get old for me so now im ready to mod it. i want a set of wheels for it but i cant find ANY. do i absolutely NEED to swap my hubs to 4x100?

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Post Re: New wheels!!!! :/

The Accords 4x120 stud pattern is pretty rare which doesn't help.
    If you wanted alternatives Honda offered a few different steel wheel designs in the US market depending upon year, and the 1981 SE sedans with their factory alloy wheels that turn up occasionally. Dealers also often fitted factory accessory or aftermarket alloy wheels when new. All these will be 13" though since low profile tires weren't commonplace until the mid or late 1980's.
    Mid '70's mazda 929 Rx4, Rx5, 121 shared the 121 stud pattern with 14" wheels but were of RWD offsets so would likely protrude from the wheelarches.

Some wheel manufactures and distributors will drill their wheels to order. Some wheels drilled for other 4 stud patterns may also still have room for new holes to be drilled.

As Hazwan was also investigating, adaptors could also be made to allow the fittment of other wheels though they would not be cheap and would take up space requiring the use of high offset wheels to stop them protruding from the wheel arches
    So changing tha cars stud pattern is not the only option.
    I'm also intending to repaint some of my original wheels with a few darker grey shades for a different look
    Last edited by 79cord; 05-19-2012 at 04:11 AM.