Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what are you doing for the holiday?

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: what are you doing for the holiday?

Tim have a safe trip bud.
    DBmaster i went to get a half of hornitoe at the cosco and they had some silver hornitos which I havent tried so I got Camarena 100 % agave pure reposado it came with a qt of zing zang and the jury is in this is delicious. Im going to put another 2 hrs in the pos boat n the am and clean out the carport ro get ready for a new 3rd gen project then off to Atlanta hopefuly.
    I wish er'body a great and safe weekend

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Camerina reposito ftw

Roodoo, I have tried both the blanco and repo Familia Camarena. For the money they are good buys. Over the past couple of weeks I have also had El Espolon blanco, El Charro blanco, and El Mayor blanco. I am a fan of blancos, probably because I am taking a break from whiskey and all things oak. The El Mayor was the earthiest of the bunch. The other two are sub $20 tequilas that are as good as bottles costing $30+.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Think we'll try the El Mayor next. This store we have here on the side of coscos carries only a limited varity of everything, all top shelf or hot sellers and nothing less than 750ml. I will ask if they would get that since im reading a lot of people like that.

I had been reading a number of posts on three web sites about a brand called Agavales. This is cheap stuff. I found it yesterday in my local liquor store. If I had not read about it first I wouldn't have given it a second glance. It is in a 1.75L plastic bottle. It's very easy to miss that it says "100% de Agave" on the label. I am not going to say that it is awesome, but it is every bit on par with El Charro or El Espolon. I kid you not. For the price it's worth the risk. At worst, it would make better mixed drinks than your average mixto tequila and it costs as little as they do. $18.99 for that half-gallon.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Redneck Rita - watermelon or strawberry Italian Ice, Ginger ale and your handiest 100% agave tequila.
    Pull out Italian ice into coffee mug:stab it with a fork like it was yur neighbors cat till it is loose as yur wifes cousin then add yur shots many as yee kin woohoo without pukin (2-3) and splash sum ginger on it like a Celtics rookie pick blind date then stir lightly. Enjoy
    A lil sweet but quick like a walmart meat dept stockboy