Thread: Gadget gurus

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Gadget gurus

Ok er'body ive posted in a few threads asking for advice and knowledge on the gadgets on the market so here is a new one.
    Im kinda exploring the camcorder (amatuer) line up now.
    My favorite choices currently are also both of my two prefered brands at the moment.
    Panasonic HDC SD 80 which may be 2011 model but the price and features are packaged nice 250 to 400 -$ range.
    JVC EV 250 which is wifi and could be used for security as well it doew time lapsed scenes. That one has very few reviews i assume because it was just released a few months ago. The EX250 can also post to utube and email kinda like a mobile device, im wondering if a browser could be put in too lol.
    Anybody have any suggestions or no about the consumer type camcorders now
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 05-29-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Re: Gadget gurus

Let me mention this style camcorder has zoom features and is more like a tradition use family and sporting events camera and not like the flat style sony blogger or cellphone "camcorder"
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 05-28-2012 at 05:14 AM.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Saw another one in the hhgreg flyer that is a Sony HDR PJ200 that dual purposes as a projector. I will make the # into links when i get back to my laptop...
    In case there's interest
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 05-29-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

i have never and will never care for camcorders. most people don't want to watch your videos and 9 times out of 10 you dont use the features included. the novelty wears off shortly and then you just have an expensive toy. most people fail when it comes to recording things too, they sit down to record a kids baseball game and record the ENTIRE game, no one wants to watch 3 hours of children doing anything, much less sucking at a sport. just a heads up...
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    '87 Prelude DX, '00 Nissan Frontier, '87 Suzuki Samurai DIESEL!

If you're going to get a camcorder you have to do cool stuff with it; like storm chasing or recording your autocross runs or something. I don't even take still pictures when I go on trips because I will *never* look at them again.

C|

Vehicle
    2005 ES2 Civic, 2018 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium 4x4

yeah a gopro is sweet but that's for serious business.
    dead white and blue

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

I saw those gopro are very cool.

The compactness of the these is what i like. Ok I have a nice olympus digital with incredible features and zoom but its too bulky and I feel like a tourist when i take it on an outing. I use a 8mm 20 yr old camcorder for my kids events hell it doesn't even have a screen but it records great audio and then my ipod does great video but zoom sucks.
    This defines the need yes?
    The JVC could be use as remote piece and it has a mac id which makes it multi purpose, i think it would get used.
    And hey I get the whole torturous slide projector(or VHS/betamax theater depending how old ) bit your Uncle Al blackmailed ya into watching before they'd let ya go play. Lol
    Imagine being able to set up instant round the corner mobile idiot zombie surveillance using a wifi camcorder with an iphone as monitor! That JVC also has built in motion sensor recording.
    Or... Time lapsed footage of the neighbors cat falling for the bite if tuna from the not so hava hart trap, and catching the look on it's face when it decides to chew it's own leg off to escape.

I'm kidding
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 05-29-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: correct errors

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

links added