Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: what are you working on?

Vehicle
    85 SE-i / 1997 VW Golf

Re: what are you working on?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGenGuy View Post
    My god. Is it standard procedure to remove the entire car to do engine work on a VW?
    it makes it 10,000 times easier to get to everything. i just did that for a head job

Vehicle
    1987 Accord Dx

what are you working on?

Took off my tail light assemblies to drain water, drained and dried the trunk, and sealed the tail lights off with stuff my dad used to seal the roof.

This weekend:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shawnseeley.com <-- my blog

Vehicle
    '88 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom_toy View Post
    1. Reverse mounting shocks on the mercedes and getting it ready for a trip down to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona.

2. About to get a windshield put in my 91 Toyota I just recently finished painting.

3. Hopefully getting the accord ready for an open track day on Dec. 2
    EDIT
    4. Post and sell some BBS wheels that have been customized on Facebook
    Fixed that for you Luke!
    '88 LX-i Coupe --- LS/Vtec
    '08 Accord EX-L 6-6 --- Daily Duty

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by gfrg88 View Post
    Pico, post that thread on here! Can't see the pics the pics since I'm not member
    here it is, and sorry it's not a 3G

Vehicle
    1987 Accord Dx

what are you working on?

Tomorrow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    shawnseeley.com <-- my blog

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    here it is, and sorry it's not a 3G

Any pumps Pico? Oh,I like!
    un-motivated!
    someone make me an offer i just could not say no to.

3GR

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Hatch (Sold),1989 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 88 LX-i Sedan (Sold), 89 LX-i Sedan (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by 89T View Post
    Any pumps Pico? Oh,I like!
    I have them but havent installed them yet..too much too do before I install them. got my upper and lower a-arms in the chrome shop along with my drums, calipers, and other suspension parts getting nice and chromed

red's?
    un-motivated!

3GR

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 89T View Post
    red's?
    got them from a friend, no idea who made them

nice, cant wait to see it in full gear!
    un-motivated!

3GR

Vehicle
    1986 Honda Accord LX-i-1991 Toyota Pickup

Quote Originally Posted by 88LXi68 View Post
    Fixed that for you Luke!

I wish lol no BBS for sale for a little while now.
    1986 Honda Accord Lx-i

~~NGK~~Silvania~~MSD~~Pioneer~~MSW~~Bosch~~DC Sports~~
    115WHP 116WTQ

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

finally got the bike on the road and 15 minutes later hit a chunk of metal and trashed the rear rim, I give up.

Vehicle
    1989 Honda Accord SE-i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by mushroom_toy View Post
    I wish lol no BBS for sale for a little while now.
    LMAO we will see won't we.
    '89 SE-i Coupe
    Awaiting Garage
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordEpicenter View Post
    its better to be retarded than advanced

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    finally got the bike on the road and 15 minutes later hit a chunk of metal and trashed the rear rim, I give up.
    If you're riding a Wal-Mart bike, you'll have nothing but hardship. It will never work right and just be slow, heavy and exhausting always. Do whatever you can to upgrade to a mainline bike manufacturer like Trek, Cannondale, GT, Diamond Back or any other brand you find at a respectable bike shop. Even a 20 year old Trek you buy off Craigslist will be a million times better and more reliable than the best, new Wal-Mart bike.

Trust me, I bicycle commuted for years in the Central Valley where everything is spread out. I bicycle commuted throughout college (all 8 years of it). I rode so much, I wore out entire drive trains in 3 months. If you want to ride fast, ride far and stay fresh, lose the Wal-Mart bike.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 Honda Accord sedan B-series

Not today but in the process of installing my new xenocron fuel pump and there fuel pump relay kit. so i can rev to my proper rpm (7.5k) FAIL. lean pretty bad around 7k. also take my amps off the back seat and make brackets an mount them to the side. Hard to access the fuel pump or work on anything.

200+ ALL MOTOR LS VTEC

Vehicle
    1999 Penalty Box

Snooz, he has a 1972 Schwinn Super Sport, which is an extremely well made bike. I have a 1973 SS myself. I'm getting ready to convert mine to a 700c wheeled bike with a flip flop hub. I love friends that have ins at a bike shop. Hell, we paint a frame or two a week in the couple of hours I go over to his shop.

Tim, if that bike still has the original wheels, they are ready to be tossed in the garbage can. My bike is an incredibly low mile bike, but I really don't trust the spokes and rim. A lot of hybrids came with 700cs, even the cheap big box bikes, so you should be able to find a decent set of wheels for not a lot of money. Swap on your freewheel, move your brake pads down, and swap over your Schwinn Approved skewers and be one of the cool kids. If my spare set of wheels didn't have a planned use, I'd see if I could find a way to get them to you cheap.

Vehicle

I just typed an entire long thread about the bike, and got the server is too busy, and my entire post deleted

Vehicle

the bike turned out to be a 71 not a 72, this gives it the forged,instead of stamped rear dropouts, and the integral derailer hanger, the rear derailer I got was for a 72 not a 71, and designed to mount to the axle bolt, but by flipping over the mounting plate, it mounts to the 71 hanger just fine. the bike has the original weiman wheels, if the back one wasn't so out of round now, I would re spoke them, I have a lead on a great condition set, they are fragile wheels, this is one of the bikes where you need to really lift your weight off the bike on any kind of heavy bump to unload the rims. The bike forum people have been fantastic in finding stuff for me, like the rear spoke protector, the proper derailer, I found the front chain ring guard for two bucks, bike is restrung, brakes adjusted, now I just need wheels and new tires and tubes.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Well I picked up a Fender Strat case over the weekend for a couple bucks. It had "girl power" stickers among other glitter ridiculousness lol.. very nice inside but needed a new look. So I had a pinch of the semi flat black vinyl paint in a can and after cleaning the glue off the case etc.. it looks ok, needs some patina now though.
    I haven't even tried yet but I want to use it for an old Kramer Stryker, beak neck with a similar shape, but if it doesn't fit it goes on Craigslist, or re-purposed heh. ;like the pictures< I am a bit out of focus lately so pardon my aimlessness...

Oh and I walked the entire pull a part today, all makes and models, that was a work out. Looking for ideas, I ran across this Corolla engine and I have to say if this is OEM it is a very wicked looking intake manifold.
    Last edited by 2oodoor; 12-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.

Accord of the Year - 2007

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Accord, CRV B20 swap.

Quote Originally Posted by 2oodoor View Post
    Well I picked up a Fender Strat case over the weekend for a couple bucks. It had "girl power" stickers among other glitter ridiculousness lol.. very nice inside but needed a new look. So I had a pinch of the semi flat black vinyl paint in a can and after cleaning the glue off the case etc.. it looks ok, needs some patina now though.
    I haven't even tried yet but I want to use it for an old Kramer Stryker, beak neck with a similar shape, but if it doesn't fit it goes on Craigslist, or re-purposed heh. ;like the pictures< I am a bit out of focus lately so pardon my aimlessness...

Oh and I walked the entire pull a part today, all makes and models, that was a work out. Looking for ideas, I ran across this Corolla engine and I have to say if this is OEM it is a very wicked looking intake manifold.

Header intake lol?
    Complete repair manual <---- (click here)

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    If you're riding a Wal-Mart bike, you'll have nothing but hardship. It will never work right and just be slow, heavy and exhausting always. Do whatever you can to upgrade to a mainline bike manufacturer like Trek, Cannondale, GT, Diamond Back or any other brand you find at a respectable bike shop. Even a 20 year old Trek you buy off Craigslist will be a million times better and more reliable than the best, new Wal-Mart bike.

Trust me, I bicycle commuted for years in the Central Valley where everything is spread out. I bicycle commuted throughout college (all 8 years of it). I rode so much, I wore out entire drive trains in 3 months. If you want to ride fast, ride far and stay fresh, lose the Wal-Mart bike.
    very good advice, last year I thought I would topple the bike snobs and bought a couple of those seemingly awesome deal state of the bikes at the wally world. Took three bikes back for one of them, finally got a refund, and on the other one took it back to swap once and I think the only reason it is still around is it isn't being ridden.

Replaced the first one with a nice 2yr old Trek for around 300 off of Craigslist, still going with zero issues.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by 2oodoor View Post
    very good advice, last year I thought I would topple the bike snobs and bought a couple of those seemingly awesome deal state of the bikes at the wally world. Took three bikes back for one of them, finally got a refund, and on the other one took it back to swap once and I think the only reason it is still around is it isn't being ridden.

Replaced the first one with a nice 2yr old Trek for around 300 off of Craigslist, still going with zero issues.
    this definitely isnt a walmart bike, my wife has a walmart one, the frame is decent, but it's the only one i've found in here size, I'm replacing everything on it with better gear and it will be nothing but a walmart frame, i hate to fix this one up but it's hard to find a bike she can ride

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

changing alternator in the civic for 100000th time.......and yeah walmart bikes are meh...my walmart next lasted about 250 - 300 miles before the BB went out on it...pos lol...my walmart schwine is doing good...its an older model from 2004 that someone bought and sat in storge forever still had the tags on it.. got it for doing some yard work lol....i love my specializeds though....(ps im tired and dont have spell check and dont feel like thinking LOL)

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

Vehicle
    1988 Accord LX Sedan

Working on the tons and tons of holiday concerts around Atlanta with my dad. 'Tis the season! Being a recording engineer part-time has always been fun.

Vehicle
    86 LX JDM B20A

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    this definitely isnt a walmart bike, my wife has a walmart one, the frame is decent, but it's the only one i've found in here size, I'm replacing everything on it with better gear and it will be nothing but a walmart frame, i hate to fix this one up but it's hard to find a bike she can ride
    An example of a self destructing design one the genesis walmart bike; the air vent in the middle of the seat lets water run directly inside the hollow seat post all the way to the crankset bearing housing. That actually will destroy the bike before it's even sold since the bikes are outside at times at the store!

I want to try to get started on reupholstering the door panels on the LX, been to scatterbrained.