Thread: 1978 honda accord

DX User

1978 honda accord

Hello,

I own a 1978 Honda accord. The f10 fuse - fuel pump/regulator - blows as soon as I turn the ignition key to ON position. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Re: 1978 honda accord

I can't remember if that has an electric choke, you need to start trying to isolate the issue, you have three possibilities, a bad voltage regulator,it has an external one, a bad fuel pump,or a bad electric choke, you also need to check the harness for damage etc. was the car sitting for a long time? possible rodent damage to the wires?

DX User

I disconnected the regulator, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, choke and bunch of other things. none of them seemed of have any effect on it. The car has not been sitting, and I have looked around the wiring harness. I have not seen any damage to the wiring.
    As of now when I turn the ignition on the voltmeter reads about 11.5 v on the F10 fuse.
    Is there anything else that you can think of?
    I tried some sort of eliminations process to isolate the problem and failed.

Thank you for your response.

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by baher View Post
    I disconnected the regulator, fuel pump, fuel pump relay, choke and bunch of other things. none of them seemed of have any effect on it. The car has not been sitting, and I have looked around the wiring harness. I have not seen any damage to the wiring.
    As of now when I turn the ignition on the voltmeter reads about 11.5 v on the F10 fuse.
    Is there anything else that you can think of?
    I tried some sort of eliminations process to isolate the problem and failed.

Thank you for your response.
    I sent you a pm, this one is going to be a matter of tracing back from where the fuse is,out to the harness, look very carefully at anything going through grommets, holes in the body,near anything that potentially might damage the wires, you probably have a short to ground, the harness should be pretty simple on that car, anyone got the wiring diagram?