Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 95 acura legend brake swap

Vehicle
    89 Honda Accord Coupe

Re: 95 acura legend brake swap

It shouldn't cost you a dime if you still have your coupe. Its just swapping things over from the FI to the carb. There is a how to fit this swap. Sorry for the loss of your car. BTW what size is the rotor your using with the gs caliper?

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

you can swap everything over just like factory, there are great How to's on here, whats mangled in yours? are you talking about the front cross member? the one the front motor mount is attached to? I'll have a spare one shortly,it's a little beat up but solid, the shipping would kill you though, there is nothing in the front of these cars that can't be fixed by unbolting and replacing, or a BFH and a piece of wood and a beam, they are very simple construction, both the front and rear cross member unbolt, the headlight buckets unbolt, the radiator support comes off with bolts, try that on a civic, take everything off and the fenders and you'll see what I mean

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

well in that case, everything from your car will swap into the other one relatively easy (you'd need to swap harness, fuel tank & fuel feed line). only issue would be the mounts that where welded to your car for the h22 would have to also be welded into the next car

Vehicle
    H23A Swapped 89 Honda Accord EX-i/SE-i

Quote Originally Posted by ShyBoyCA6 View Post
    It shouldn't cost you a dime if you still have your coupe. Its just swapping things over from the FI to the carb. There is a how to fit this swap. Sorry for the loss of your car. BTW what size is the rotor your using with the gs caliper?
    The rotors are off of a 4th gen vtec lude; I believe they are 11.1 inches.

Vehicle

if you fix yours once everything is unbolted, it basically comes down to two side frame rails,inner fender wells, and a box section around the radiator shell, all easy to fix, these cars not being mcphearson struts, the shock tower alignment isn't quite as critical, it's still important due to the upper control arms, but it can be hammered pretty straight. Most of the parts that are critical and are damaged in a front end wreck,can be unbolted

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    you can swap everything over just like factory, there are great How to's on here, whats mangled in yours? are you talking about the front cross member? the one the front motor mount is attached to? I'll have a spare one shortly,it's a little beat up but solid, the shipping would kill you though, there is nothing in the front of these cars that can't be fixed by unbolting and replacing, or a BFH and a piece of wood and a beam, they are very simple construction, both the front and rear cross member unbolt, the headlight buckets unbolt, the radiator support comes off with bolts, try that on a civic, take everything off and the fenders and you'll see what I mean
    Thanks for the offer, but my front cross member is about the only thing on the front end that's untouched. Plus it's a custom one for the 22 swap.

The main parts that are damaged are: my rebar or bumper support - it's mangled and shifted more than 2 inches to the left and down; the part of the frame where the last bolt secures the top of the fender is completely caved in; the bucket where the headlight goes is crunched inward and down, and; the seam near the upper part of the wheel well (under hood side) has partially split. I'll start taking shit apart 2moro if it doesn't rain. I'll also take some pics under the hood to give you a better idea of the extent of the damage. And BTW, sorry but, what's a "BFH"? Big f'n hammer? lol
    Oh and one other thing, rebar, rad support, fender are all pretty easy to find in the aftermarket but HL bucket and fender wells? These cars are non-existent in the scrap yards up here in Canada.
    Last edited by H2289Acc; 07-16-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by H2289Acc View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but my front cross member is about the only thing on the front end that's untouched. Plus it's a custom one for the 22 swap.

The main parts that are damaged are: my rebar or bumper support - it's mangled and shifted more than 2 inches to the left and down; the part of the frame where the last bolt secures the top of the fender is completely caved in; the bucket where the headlight goes is crunched inward and down, and; the seam near the upper part of the wheel well (under hood side) has partially split. I'll start taking shit apart 2moro if it doesn't rain. I'll also take some pics under the hood to give you a better idea of the extent of the damage. And BTW, sorry but, what's a "BFH"? Big f'n hammer? lol
    a big f'ing hammer, right. you know the entire headlight buckets unbolt? where the top of the fender bolt is is all sheet metal under there, it's easy to hammer back, I know the fender looks bad, but the fender sheet metal is thin, what it bolts up to is pretty simple and should hammer back
    Last edited by lostforawhile; 07-16-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Vehicle

a big f'ing hammer, right. you know the entire headlight buckets unbolt? where the top of the fender bolt is is all sheet metal under there, it's easy to hammer back, I know the fender looks bad, but the fender sheet metal is thin, what it bolts up to is pretty simple and should hammer back
    Really appreciate your help. You're making this seem relatively easy. But where am I going to find a new HL bucket? These cars are non-existent in the scrap yards up here....or are you suggesting I bang it back into shape like the fender well?

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

I agree with Lost. I don't see any damage that would make you have to scrap the car. You'll know more when you tear it down, of course. Are your front wheels tracking straight? If so, then I'd be very optimistic. Basically, you just keep taking stuff off until you don't find bent stuff anymore. Then replace.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle

Really appreciate your help. You're making this seem relatively easy. But where am I going to find a new HL bucket? These cars are non-existent in the scrap yards up here....or are you suggesting I bang it back into shape like the fender well?
    have you tried seeing if someone here has one? they are everywhere in the yards here, the entire bucket unbolts with the headlight mechanism attached to it, other then the motor, I'm going to the yard Saturday, if any are left I'll see how much, the bracket caved in in the picture,actually unbolts, I took a picture since my fender is off, but my phone is acting up, guys here always seem to have parts, just ask and work something out is all

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    I agree with Lost. I don't see any damage that would make you have to scrap the car. You'll know more when you tear it down, of course. Are your front wheels tracking straight? If so, then I'd be very optimistic. Basically, you just keep taking stuff off until you don't find bent stuff anymore. Then replace.
    Well before the banger, felt like she was pulling very slightly to the right. I did my own alignment after my lude arms went on so I know it wasn't perfect. After the wreck, I put my stock rims back on with winters on 'em and while driving today it felt like it was pulling very slightly to the left. There's next to no wear on these so that would explain it. I don't think the crash threw off my tracking. I did however hear an odd clunk today when I hit a bump. I'm gonna have to check it 2moro and make sure everything's still tight.

The more I talk to you guys about it, the more optimistic I am. Even managed to find a replacement set of JDM markers today on ebay.
    Last edited by H2289Acc; 07-16-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Vehicle

Well before the banger, felt like she was pulling very slightly to the right. I did my own alignment after my lude arms went on so I know it wasn't perfect. After the wreck, I put my stock rims back on with winters on 'em and while driving today it felt like it was pulling very slightly to the left. There's next to no wear on these so that would explain it. I don't think the crash threw off my tracking. I did however hear a an odd clunk today when I hit a bump. I'm gonna have to check it 2moro and make sure everything's still tight.

The more I talk to you guys about it, the more optimistic I am. Even managed to find a replacement set of JDM markers today on ebay.
    we are here to help you if we can, I don't think a light assembly weighs that much, I have a spare left and right in a box and it's not that bad, I don't think it would cost much to ship, you might need a set of headlight retractor relays, they are behind that corner, but they may be fine

Vehicle

have you tried seeing if someone here has one? they are everywhere in the yards here, the entire bucket unbolts with the headlight mechanism attached to it, other then the motor, I'm going to the yard Saturday, if any are left I'll see how much, the bracket caved in in the picture,actually unbolts, I took a picture since my fender is off, but my phone is acting up, guys here always seem to have parts, just ask and work something out is all
    Thanks, Lost. If you can find one I'll pay you for the part, the shipping AND the trouble!

Vehicle

Thanks, Lost. If you can find one I'll pay you for the part, the shipping AND the trouble!
    just the part and the shipping is fine,it's no trouble, how the crap do you get stuff past customs? I've been trying to send a small box to someone and it came back six times,there must be a way

Vehicle

we are here to help you if we can, I don't think a light assembly weighs that much, I have a spare left and right in a box and it's not that bad, I don't think it would cost much to ship, you might need a set of headlight retractor relays, they are behind that corner, but they may be fine
    I don't have the pop-up assembly anymore. I made my own custom brackets for a flush conversion. You can see it in the pics earlier in this thread. What sucks is that I'm gonna have to make 2 new brackets from scratch and my Hella custom HL modules cost $100 a piece plus shipping. Also my right side HID ballast and bulb is toast. The ballast was tucked right behind the bucket. I managed to salvage what's left of the high beam module and I hammered out the bracket so I may be able to use it temporarily 'til I can fab up another one.

Vehicle

just the part and the shipping is fine,it's no trouble, how the crap do you get stuff past customs? I've been trying to send a small box to someone and it came back six times,there must be a way
    lol What's in the package? Mary J? Not sure why you're having so much trouble. I've never had any probs shipping to the states. Did you specify what was in the package?

Vehicle

I don't have the pop-up assembly anymore. I made my own custom brackets for a flush conversion. You can see it in the pics earlier in this thread. What sucks is that I'm gonna have to make 2 new brackets from scratch and my Hella custom HL modules cost $100 a piece plus shipping. Also my right side HID ballast and bulb is toast. The ballast was tucked right behind the bucket. I managed to salvage what's left of the high beam module and I hammered out the bracket so I may be able to use it temporarily 'til I can fab up another one.
    let me know which pieces of the bucket you need, I know if that one is still at the yard I can grab that bent bracket, if I send anything it will be "ford probe headlight parts" if it's made in the US no fee, if it's made outside of the us it's 6 percent of declared value, so everything will be "ford parts"

Vehicle

let me know which pieces of the bucket you need, I know if that one is still at the yard I can grab that bent bracket, if I send anything it will be "ford probe headlight parts" if it's made in the US no fee, if it's made outside of the us it's 6 percent of declared value, so everything will be "ford parts"
    You are GOOD, sir!

Basically, I think I'm gonna need that whole bucket assembly/bracket thingy. The custom bracket I made just sits over top of the original assembly using the original mounting points for the pop-ups.
    Last edited by H2289Acc; 07-16-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

I think I died a little when I saw the car! Hope you can get every thing straightened out with the insurance and car.

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by obdriver6 View Post
    I think I died a little when I saw the car! Hope you can get every thing straightened out with the insurance and car.
    Thanks.

It's at the body shop now, I just haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. Apparently they managed to straighten out the major damage. Now I just need a rebar, hood, fender, bumper and lights for the right side. My insurance company is trying to dick me around though; the adjuster went to see it and said the car isn't worth anything and they are going to write it off! What the hell am I paying insurance for? The accident wasn't even my fault. I told the adjuster I just replaced the brakes, all UCA's/ball joints, had a new stereo and alarm installed all within the last two months. The guy told me to send him all the receipts and he will do his best. My ass! I knew they were going to try to low-ball me. F*ckers!
    I'll post pics and let you know how it turns out.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

What the hell am I paying insurance for?
    Duh, so the CEO and board of directors can vote themselves fabulous bonuses for denying claims.

Seriously though, sorry to hear about the trouble. Hope you get it worked out.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW