Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oem fog lights

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx-i

Re: Oem fog lights

Quote Originally Posted by JC Barker View Post
    Just to clarify, you DO NOT need to remove the bumper(on an '89), to do the install.
    my brackets actually say "86 L" and "86 R" so I'm sure they're not for my 89. i curious as to how the 88-89 mounts go in. i just got back from the junkyard and every 3rd gen didn't have the mounts. so ill just have to keep looking.

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Are you sure you can't just do some bending with a bench vise and a 5# sledge to make them work?
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

Vehicle
    86 hatchback, 1990 Lincoln Towncar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Are you sure you can't just do some bending with a bench vise and a 5# sledge to make them work?
    I was looking at the pictures and they mount a totally different way for the 86 VS the 89, one mounts on top of the mount,one behind it, thats a good three inch difference at least

DX User
    Vehicle
    1989 accord lx-i

Quote Originally Posted by lostforawhile View Post
    I was looking at the pictures and they mount a totally different way for the 86 VS the 89, one mounts on top of the mount,one behind it, thats a good three inch difference at least
    I was going to see if I could find something to extend the thread a good couple inches lol that's all I can think of I only need about 2 inches to connect the back of the fog to the mount

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-I Coupe

I have a partial harness for the fogs if you still want pics but I have to find it first.

1989 Honda Accord LX-I 300K+
    Build Thread

Vehicle
    1988 EX-i 4dr, 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 1989 se-i 4dr (RIP), 2006 TSX

I don;t want to start a new thread as this thread seems to be on the same topic, wondering if anyone can give me some insight on what I am doing wrong as I feel stumped. Given I have probably taken far too many allergy and sinus pills today so my mind may not be working right, but this just seems stupid. I mounted my fog light brackets up to the bumper mounts which seem to fit quite well. However when I go to put the bumper on they appear to sit too high and the bumper won't slide into place. I tried mounting them behind said bracket as someone mentioned in here, but they don't seem to line up properly when doing so. Any insight would be great. Here is where I am at right now... and for the record I feel stupid for not being able to figure this out, but it just wont work...

3Geez Veteran

People need to pay more attention when removing parts such as these. lol

Vehicle
    88 lx sedan (R.I.P.) / 89 LX sedan(sold) / 89 lxi parts car(towed away) / 87 lxi hatch

Allot of the time they are not the onrs that removed them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ghettogeddy View Post
    Allot of the time they are not the onrs that removed them.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Precisely... These were pulled off a car in New Zealand, then shipped to me...

Vehicle
    89 Accord LX/B20A | 87 Accord Hatch "S" Stock | 94 Civic Hatch CX

You need to cut your bumper metal reinforcement. The JDM cars had basically no reinforcement compared to our North American Version. This is what I had to do on my car to fit the OEM JDM fog lights.

Also, I found out a couple of minutes ago that the OEM Acura Legend 1991-1995 fog lights are the same as our JDM version. They're just clear instead of yellow.

http://pages.videotron.com/omus
    3geez member since July 12 2000

I need these parts!
    https://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67742

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by carotman View Post
    You need to cut your bumper metal reinforcement. The JDM cars had basically no reinforcement compared to our North American Version. This is what I had to do on my car to fit the OEM JDM fog lights.

Also, I found out a couple of minutes ago that the OEM Acura Legend 1991-1995 fog lights are the same as our JDM version. They're just clear instead of yellow.
    Thank you for the info Carot! it is much appreciated. I thought that might be the case, but wanted to hear from someone who had done this before I went and cut up my bumper.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

i put the brackets on like you have in your pics, then the bumper back on and bolted up. and while the indicator lenses are still out install the foglight thru the hole and bolt it to the bracket. align it tighten it and done

mine sit pretty much perfect.

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps27b837a8.jpg

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    i put the brackets on like you have in your pics, then the bumper back on and bolted up. and while the indicator lenses are still out install the foglight thru the hole and bolt it to the bracket. align it tighten it and done

mine sit pretty much perfect.

http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/v...ps27b837a8.jpg

Yea, I will need to trim this part of the bumper like Carot said though, if you didn't have to then NZ must have the same bumpers as Japan/Europe.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

yeah my cars a jap import so we dont have railway lines to re-enfoce the bumpers

Vehicle
    1988 Honda Vigor

must be why all of our bumpers are warped, and none of theirs are

Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by AccordB20A View Post
    yeah my cars a jap import so we dont have railway lines to re-enfoce the bumpers
    Lol... Railway lines hey? One of you guys should take a picture of the back side of a NZ spec bumper when you get a chance, I am curious.

Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord 2.0Si

yeah theres not much to them, probably why none of them ever line up straight over here

Vehicle
    (2) 1989 accords lxi

hello all

I know this qustion has been asked time and again. I picked up some auto Si fogs from local junk yard. ( Prelude SI)I have most of the wiring harness, but its not complete. it includes connections to lights, the relay, ground wire and three groups of leads. one set has two wires: yellow/green and red blue. I think these are the switch leads. the two others groups coming of the harness have 3 leads each. red/white, red/greem and red/blue. they are the same colors for both of these groups. I also have a oem accord switch with the foglight emblem and red dot botton. on back are three contacts one clearly marked ground. back to the harness. I dont know were the three lead groups should go or how to wire them for my 89 honda lxi,

Pease help.

Attachment 6465
    Attachment 6468
    Attachment 6466
    Attachment 6467

3Geez Veteran

^ #doublepost

3Geez Veteran Civic Accord Honda's Avatar
    Vehicle
    1995 Civic/ 1988 CRX

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Snooz View Post
    Well, the OE switch doesn't light. At all. No bulb. So you can save yourself that trouble. The relay mounts on top of the DS shock tower and the ground screw is next to the radiator on the DS kinda toward the top. The wires are wrapped in some kind of black plastic that resembles shrink wrap that hasn't been shrunk. Here's a pic of my engine bay so you can see where the relay mounts.
    strange. the orange Dot on all 4 of my oem fog switchs lit up O.o

1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 123k miles.

DX User
    Vehicle
    Honda Accord Aerodeck 1987 2.0 CA5 A20A4

Quote Originally Posted by Hash_man_Se_i View Post
    I don;t want to start a new thread as this thread seems to be on the same topic, wondering if anyone can give me some insight on what I am doing wrong as I feel stumped. Given I have probably taken far too many allergy and sinus pills today so my mind may not be working right, but this just seems stupid. I mounted my fog light brackets up to the bumper mounts which seem to fit quite well. However when I go to put the bumper on they appear to sit too high and the bumper won't slide into place. I tried mounting them behind said bracket as someone mentioned in here, but they don't seem to line up properly when doing so. Any insight would be great. Here is where I am at right now... and for the record I feel stupid for not being able to figure this out, but it just wont work...

Hi,

Would you have dimensions for this bracket by any chance? I want to fabricate mine. Especially distance between the two mounting holes as they are not lined up - just need to know what is the off set. Dimensions of the 'up' and 'forward' arms would be good as well.

Cheers,
    Tom

DX User
    Vehicle
    BMW

I clarifies the advantages of front mist lights, the parkway code expresses that you should utilize headlights when imperceptibility is truly lessened, you may likewise utilize front or back haze lights yet you should turn them off when imperceptibility progresses...