Thread: Optional Armrest

DX User

Optional Armrest

Hi All,

I was at the junkyard yesterday and found an Armrest in a 1988 Honda Accord. I've heard that these existed and that they were very similar to the 88-93 Integra optional armrests, but this one did not look like those. At home I tried to do some research, but it looks nothing like the ones that I have found online. Is this an OEM armrest, or aftermarket one? There are no markings or part numbers on this one, so I am not sure if this is OEM.

Since I am new to this forum, I cannot post any links or pics yet. but, I have posted this to the CB7 Tuners forum erroneously under the beginner Appearances with pics, under the same username. If you have time, please check it out.

3Geez Veteran

Re: Optional Armrest

There are two types of armrests for these cars: the smaller, less-attractive dealership armrest is what you find in a lot of DX's, LX's, and LX-i's that didn't come through with the factory option. The dealer-installed armrest is just bolted over the factory console that covers the parking brake lever. The OEM Honda armrest actually replaces it.

dealership:

factory:

All SE-i's have factory armrests with leather tops, but they only come with black or tan interiors. If you want any other colors or you want cloth, you gotta find an LX-i or maybe an LX or DX with a factory armrest.

Both styles came in all colors that I've seen.

DX User

That is some very useful information, thanks Charlie! Do you happen to know what the part number is for the arm rest in the second pic you uploaded? Again, thanks for all the information!

Vehicle
    1989 Accord LX-i

Jeepers. I've seen those dealership armrests, but had no clue that's what they were. Learn something new every day on this board. Thanks Charlie.
    Dr_Snooz

"I like to take hammers, and just break stuff, just break stuff." - Beavis

1989 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe, 240k miles, MT swap, rear disc swap

Shop manual downloads available here: CLICK TO VIEW

DX User
    Vehicle
    1987 Honda Accord LXi

Yea My 87 LXI came with one of the dealer option armrests. They are not as sturdy as the factory ones. Don't lean on them!! But they do have a compartment under the pad. I am putting a power socket in mine for cell charging (while I reinforce it too - since it got broken (sigh)).