Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Factory or custom stripes?

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Re: Factory or custom stripes?

Yay, I KNEW I had seen a picture of some somewhere! (should have searched decals)
    Thanks for showing them.
    That is a nice design.

Wondering what those extra smaller pieces @ top left were for, alternative application?

I had also drawn up these, having seen a picture of one with this painted window surround.

----------------------

Sometimes surprising what panels can be saved.
    Last edited by 79cord; 08-08-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

Wow amazing photoshop skills! Congrats.
    I dont know if the remaining bits should go in the rear door area but my customer installed them around the rear plate and he likes it (i didn't see them installed yet).
    The lower installation alternative is cool too, but i like how the rear stripes curves to join the tailight in the other position.

Btw, i don't mind if someone wants to replicate them as the original sets i have are too old and i don't sell them as i cannot guarantee they will remain in the car when installed. The person who bought me the sets was very aware of the posibility of them peeling off, but didn't have any problems yet as far as i know (6 months since purchase).

I like the alternative colored stripes, think one sould pick the colors that better combines with the car.

PS: The last one is your car? What happen?
    So many reasons why
    I won't be sending postcards
    From Paraguay

Vehicle
    79 Accord hatch, 89 CR-X SiR, '74 Z360 h/top, '81 prelude, '65 S600

Damage was many years ago. I had radiator support panels & end of one front rail straightened & expensively replaced professionally while I repaired front guards, bonnet hinge & replaced the front bumper & lower valance.

I'm biased towards the orange, especially with a beige car. Surrounded by black like that the orange detailing would work with any color & matches indicators, though Black would be lost upon a black or navy car.

I guess the height of the door stripes is the most important measurement for replicating them, the rest may then be scaled from your picture & the cars. Not sure how durable the orange text/lines would be if cut out & applied separately to the black background, or vice-versa, which may be easier than trying to replicate proper 2-colour decals/stickers.

Vehicle
    79´Accord,83´Lude,71´Nova coupe,83´Pontiac 6000,69 Mustang coupe,and many more rusted crap...

Quote Originally Posted by 79cord View Post
    Damage was many years ago. I had radiator support panels & end of one front rail straightened & expensively replaced professionally while I repaired front guards, bonnet hinge & replaced the front bumper & lower valance.

I'm biased towards the orange, especially with a beige car. Surrounded by black like that the orange detailing would work with any color & matches indicators, though Black would be lost upon a black or navy car.

I guess the height of the door stripes is the most important measurement for replicating them, the rest may then be scaled from your picture & the cars. Not sure how durable the orange text/lines would be if cut out & applied separately to the black background, or vice-versa, which may be easier than trying to replicate proper 2-colour decals/stickers.
    Well, you did a great job in your car. Looks great.

Height: 62 mm total.

From bottom to top measures in mm, in this order:

1- lower black stripe 7.0
    2- lower red/orange 5.0
    3- middle black stripe 41.0
    4- top red/orange 3.5
    5- top black stripe 5.5

There is 15.5 mm more length in the sides of the stripes where the red finishes to fold around the border of the doors and openings so with the doors closed you cant see the ends.
    Last edited by 1GCustomAccord; 04-26-2022 at 02:24 AM. Reason: It said "popenings" instead of "openings".