Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lowering spring stiffness % over stock spring stiffness

Vehicle
    87LX / 86LXiHB / 90CRXSi(b16a) all gone... 91CRXSi(b16a) ...round two
    With H&R springs, and KONIs upfront, should I adjust them as stiff as possible, or will that hurt ride quality at all?
    garagement racing

stlhondas.com

Vehicle
    Previous: '89 Accord LXi hatch, '89 Accord LXi hatch, '86 Prelude Si
    Quote Originally Posted by sporkHSP
    With H&R springs, and KONIs upfront, should I adjust them as stiff as possible, or will that hurt ride quality at all?
    I have my front Konis one turn from full soft with the H&Rs and am happy with it. If it was easier to adjust i might try a little more, but since you're probably runing Tokicos in the rear the extra rebound damping in the front may give you an unbalance ride. I'd recommend starting with one turn and seeing what you think of it.
    Mike

Vehicle
    88 LX-i Coupe
    Will the Tokico Premium Performance Struts be alright with the Neuspeed/H&R springs?

Im planning on buying the 1.5" Neuspeed drop springs, with the Tockico PP Struts up front, and HP Series for the rear. My true question is, will i tear up the struts super fast this way? Im sure its going to be a little bouncy, but im more concerned about killing my struts in 1-2 years.

Vehicle
    1986 HONDA ACCORD LX 2.0
    hey sup man . i was woundering which setup i should use. i wanna get the eibach sport line springs they have a 1.5 lower on them and was woundering which struts would ride best wit them. also would a camber kit b needed? or could i just get the upper arms from a lude? i was thinking about koni's all around wit the sportline but dunno. what u think? im looking for a stiff yet comfy ride but wit the sumwhat bounce u see most cars doing like when they accel it kinda bounces like its really stiff. but dun wanna feel like i hit a curb everytime i hit a dip.
    { U DONT OWN YOUR 3G IT OWNS U }

Vehicle
    Stock 86 Accord LXi Hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by halxi
    Will the Tokico Premium Performance Struts be alright with the Neuspeed/H&R springs?

Im planning on buying the 1.5" Neuspeed drop springs, with the Tockico PP Struts up front, and HP Series for the rear. My true question is, will i tear up the struts super fast this way? Im sure its going to be a little bouncy, but im more concerned about killing my struts in 1-2 years.
    alex 86AccordLxi had shitty OEM kyb? shocks and updraded to tokicos all around and he really liked it. i think he was lowered on h&r springs...

im running coilovers on rear tokicos. and it could be stiffer, but its tolerable.

i think it works like this: if u just want to have a lowered car then tokicos with h&r would be ok... i was suprised with how good it rode...

but if u want an awesome handling setup, i would save up and go with revalved blistiens and some coilovers...

Re: Lowering spring stiffness % over stock spring stiffness

anyone tried the Intrax 1.7/1.6 springs? (35.1.001?)
    Eric
    3geez member since October 12, 2000
    "All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man." - Henry David Thoreau